What is ur qualification?

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (50 posts)
  1. apeksha profile image66
    apekshaposted 14 years ago

I am BE(Electronics)from India..and proud as engineer..
    What is your qualification..or what do u want to becaome..
    or you dream..as?

2. Juliet Christie profile image66
    Juliet Christieposted 14 years ago

I am a Jamaican,teacher, a writer  a mother , a wife, alover, a listener,a baker, a decorater . I am many things other things  and more. Simple put I am me. nice meeting you

apekshaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks for ur reply...u r teacher I have great respect for u then..coz because of faculties I am here...on this position..n nice meeting 2 u 2... Juliet..thanks...A
      I think u r multi talented as me..

3. profile image0
    shreekrishnaposted 14 years ago

i am a student of mnit jaipur ,
    doing btech from it ,

but i have left that college ,
    due to some problems.
    but didn't leave it fully.

Oh! no
      thanks for ur reply..
      r u still studing?

4. Everyday Miracles profile image86
    Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years ago

I am a wife and a mother. I consider my "specialty" being a wife. I'm still learning too much as a mother to consider myself an expert by any means!

I am considering returning to University to study Herpetology, but am unsure. My previous majors were Creative Writing and Anthropology. One I hated and the other was just too darned easy (Anthropology being the easy one, Creative Writing being the hated one, would you believe it?).

Oh. Wait. I do have a special talent! Darnit! I always forget because I feel that it's so "pie in the sky." I am an actress. A very good actress. Would love to be professional one day but I don't want to put my family aside to travel so much (stage acting, not film acting).

5. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
    GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years ago

I'm crazy. And a renaissance artist. I didn't know how to sing, to write, to make music, or take photography. But give me a little less than a decade and I'll learn to master it. wink

Like I have.

Sincerely,

G|M

6. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Nobody is defined by just their education. Education is open to everybody and that vagrant on the corner could just as well be a engineer or genius in hiding or return to school and be such in a few years time. Everybody has potential to learn and be more and others are quite content with where they are now. Either way, life is always a journey of learning not from just school but all aspects. smile

1. Everyday Miracles profile image86
      Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nicely said, Dame Scribe!

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
        GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well quoted, Everyday! big_smile

No, truly, Dame, you always bring up neato points.

G|M

7. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I'm incredibly clever. In fact, to the point that I don't need papers stating just that ...

I'm also brilliant. Like milk lol

8. Dame Scribe profile image57

Thank you, thank you, thank you smile would you like my autograph now tongue lol jk, couldnt resist, lol

Can you sign my left eyelid? ;P

G|M

You wouldn't be the one behind those FreeCreditReport.com commercials, would you? ;P

9. profile image50
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Professional Pirate and Crappy Writer !

10. aniketgore profile image61
    aniketgoreposted 14 years ago

BE computer

11. lafenty profile image67
    lafentyposted 14 years ago

Writer, photographer, student, mother, grandmother, not necessarily in that order.  The order entirely depends on the day or even the time of day.

12. LondonGirl profile image82
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

my public qualifications - 10 GCSEs, 3 A levels, LLB (law degree) LLM (masters) and Barrister-at-Law.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image78
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You win smile

13. sassychic profile image61
    sassychicposted 14 years ago

My absolute Dream is to own a nice big house in Italy and be the greatest Culinary Artist in all of Europe! But that wont happen. I also love working with children my more reaslitic dream is to be a child Psyc. and live in a big house on the west coast, have my parents come and visit me out there and as well as that have a handsome adorable 12 pack ab husband!

14. lawretta profile image61
    lawrettaposted 14 years ago

well aside from presently running my masters program in public administrations, i am also a love doctor.

15. DonnaCSmith profile image84
    DonnaCSmithposted 14 years ago

Freelance writer and photographer, book author, retired horse trainer/riding instructor, barn manager.

1. profile image48
      ladyvenusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm the president of the world. woohhaaa just kidding. Wink*

ohh! really..
        then we then rule the world...
        New invention...
        me too kidding

16. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I think "qualification" depends on what one is considering being "qualified for". Within the context of the writing I do, my "qualification" comes from my education, work experience, specific knowledge of some area, and sometimes (in the HubPages setting) life experience/independent learning, etc.  I have no qualification when it comes to any number of things, like being an M.D. or an auto mechanic.   When I write on here, as a hobby, I consider my writing qualifications the only thing that matter at all, if/when they even do.

17. Lissie profile image75
    Lissieposted 14 years ago

LOL interesting thread which shows some interesting cultural differences
    BSc Hons 2(1) geology
    DipBusComputing
    BBus- management
    Graduate Diploma management

None of which ever found me a job I enjoyed ...

18. Uninvited Writer profile image78
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I have a 2-year college diploma in Library Techniques and a few courses at university towards a BA in English.

Nice new pic, UW. =P

And I suppose I'll expand on my thoughts on this topic...

...I'm qualified because I've got the nerve, wits, ability, and drive. big_smile

And that's all you need.

That and a pretty decent command of English. I'm not sure if I got that yet. wink

G|M

2. apeksha profile image66

Nice...you look very cool in photo too...

19. Teresa McGurk profile image60
    Teresa McGurkposted 14 years ago

I can make good desserts. . . .

1. Uninvited Writer profile image78
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Okay...you win, sorry London Girl... desserts trump all...

1. Teresa McGurk profile image60
        Teresa McGurkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

YES!!!!

2. LondonGirl profile image82
        LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

T McG is also a professor, so she wins there too (-:

2. apeksha profile image66

oh!
      This is how u qualified...

20. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

B.Ed and Higher Diploma in Education, so I guess that makes me a teacher.  Mother, author, amateur photographer, adventurer are probably my other qualifications, and I am a very good friend.  What I'm wanting to do next is a Masters of Creative Writing.  If anybody knows of an affordable course please let me know.

I can do anythng except swimming..then is all that my qualification...anyways...as u wish..

21. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

I've been writing stuff since I was in 2nd grade and voluntarily did a reading of my creative writing in front of class.  I've been doing art stuff since my dad taught me how to draw trees at the age of 4.

Some of the poetry I wrote at age 18 (before degrees..or B.D.) was just recently published in university journals.  I just have to...lol! (Get your work out there, guys!)

But I also have 3 B.A.s and an M.A. Have written much more stuff since the second grade. Would like a Ph.D., but don't think its in the cards...at least not for a while.

I make a mean spaghetti sauce, too....

22. Keri Crook profile image59
    Keri Crookposted 14 years ago

I'm a sergeant in the US Army working as an Intel Analyst attached to the NSA at Ft Gordon.  (It sounds a little sexier than it actually is)

Oh! ultimate...
      let me tell u I also tried for Indian Army....
      but by destiny m engineer...
      thumbs up...
      Respect for you....

23. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Teresa, just wondering if your choice not to mention that you're a professor means you're a middle child.  (Just curious, and not necessarily requesting that you share personal information.)   smile

1. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And we all know about first borns, wink.  I'm one!

24. Dame Scribe profile image57

I love desserts too, shhh wink lol

25. men are dorks profile image76
    men are dorksposted 14 years ago

All I'm qualified for is to talk crab. make jokes and make other peoples life' more fun... Haha.

Great so you make others laugh...
      thanks...

26. youngmal365 profile image55
    youngmal365posted 14 years ago

I am a (music Producer) No kids No wife But I have a girlfriend Im only 19 going on 20. I still go to school while I work, and its hard to keep up sometimes.
    But how does everybody think of This site I'm starting to like it

1. Lisa HW profile image63
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've been on here for a year and a half, and I think it's a great site.  As you can see from those people on here who were willing to share their qualifications (I wasn't one of them, but maybe that's because people of my generation tend to be a little more "private" about what they share online), there's a wide range of different people on HubPages (with people of many different ages, countries, careers, etc. ) There are a lot of people your age on here, from what I've seen.  (Lots of people my age and older too. )

27. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

So absolutely delighted you are all lso clever..... as i need help...

This is all new to me, I have no qualifications on paper, though i love the elderly ..... I have always worked with them and am unemployed at the moment as I gave my job as an activity therapist to look after my mum last year she had cancer....

Iam now missing my mum, have no job but love to write...

HOW YOU CAN HELP PLEASE

I want to write all things I have learned about activities with the elderly.....  I have looked for photos I can use copyright free all morning but have not been succesful

DO I HAVE TO HAVE PHOTOGRAPHS

IF SO ANY IDEA HOW TO G ET THEM OF COMPUTER

WILL I TAKE SOME OF OLD PEOPLE MYSELF,I AM NOT SURE IF THEY WOULD GIVE ME PERMISSION TO USE THEM... XXXX

1. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

To my knowledge, you can use photographs off of flickr.com as long as you give a photo credit.  It is a photo sharing site.

I've also got to say that most people here do take illustrations and photos off other websites, despite copyright laws (which are often murky as far as usage, though, also).  I've noticed many people are giving photo credits on those, now, as well.

Maybe somebody else has some advice as far as photos?

28. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

Thanks a lot Lita, wow you have lots of fans...

29. icewave5 profile image59
    icewave5posted 14 years ago

I'm an einstein

Then try to invent something ....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)