How can someone write more than 100 hubs in 5 days?

Jump to Last Post 1-36 of 36 discussions (52 posts)
  1. anime_nanet profile image61
    anime_nanetposted 14 years ago
    1. candice5 profile image58
      candice5posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I haven't looked at this but will, alot of people buy and alot more copy. Who knows I only know no way could I.

2. all_time_guy profile image59
    all_time_guyposted 14 years ago

the thing surprises me that the score is only 46.

3. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 14 years ago

Have you looked at her Hubs?  Is she just copying text from someplace else?  Are they original?

4. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I saw that when I was viewing new hubs and was surprised.  Maybe lots of article written, saved and then published.

5. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I only looked at a couple, but they seem to be original. Not very well written (although I've seen much worse), but original.

6. anime_nanet profile image61

I haven't Copyscaped her, but kudos to Jenny for publishing 1 hub /1 hour rate. This one is the Hub Challenge winner, no doubt LoL!

7. Kidgas profile image62
    Kidgasposted 14 years ago

I hate to disparage anyone without getting to know them.  They could be all original and written and saved.  I took one of the hubs and pulled a phrase, placed in quotes, and checked with Google.  Don't want to waste time doing that with all of them.  I suspect they are not simply copied and pasted.

They are all high paying keyword hubs.  I suspect that the articles were outsourced.  You could easily pay $500-$700 for 100 keyword articles and put them on HubPages so that you could focus on driving traffic.  Who cares if Hubbers fan you or read your articles?  They don't generate any income anyway.  Consider that it is taking me anywhere from 1-3+ hours to create my hubs plus time to interact on forums and come up with the ideas.  To get 100 done would represent about 400 hours of work.  At the 15-20 hours per week that I am devoting, it will take a lot of time to get to that number.

$700/400 hours is just under $2 per hour.  Sounds like a good investment with more reward and minimal risk.  Unfortunately, I just like the idea that I am producing my own material from scratch.

1. sunforged profile image71
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The going rate for crappy, keyword rich articles is .01/word...prob could hire out 100 articles for around 300-400

8. anime_nanet profile image61

I was not disparaging anyone. I was just commenting on an odd event.

Im sure this was discussed before, but should't it exist some kind of daily limit to posting hubs?

1. Kidgas profile image62
      Kidgasposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh no, I am sorry and didn't mean to imply that you were.  I was trying to say that to myself.  Please take no offense.  And I think the daily limit to prevent this type of event is a reasonable idea depending on the purpose of this site.

1. anime_nanet profile image61
        anime_nanetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No offense taken smile

2. livewithrichard profile image72
      livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why have a limit?  It may be that this author is just starting fresh on a new platform or new author name.  But I don't see how her content affects anyone else.

9. anime_nanet profile image61

Maybe it's just my narrowed view but releasing so much hubs in so little amount of time feels like spam to me, even if it's original content.

Of course from a marketing sense it does not mater, but it kind of offends my blogger side ^_^'

10. Ladybird33 profile image65
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

I had a lot of articles already done before I started hubpages, however, I only published a certain few.  She may have had so many and just decided to publish them all when she signed up...giving her the benefit that they are all originals.

11. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Omg how is this possible? Has she been to bed?

12. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

If you will notice, it hasn't done her hubscore any favors.

13. 3bagsfull profile image65
    3bagsfullposted 14 years ago

hp lets you have multiple accounts thus multiple alias

there are software packages available that will spin/rewrite you articles

you can buy articles written by humans for $5 or less

these hubs are targetin high paying keywords

this hubber is trying to make money online using techniques that gurus are selling via ebooks and programs

this hubber is writing about his personal experiences using these techniques

http://www.makemoneyonlinewithseo.com/h … line-fast/

14. 3bagsfull profile image65

whoops --

the first "this hubber" refers to the hubber mentioned in the thread

the second "this hubber" refers to the hubber in the attached link

1. Ladybird33 profile image65
      Ladybird33posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, but seriously, what happened to good ol' fashion hard work?

1. 3bagsfull profile image65
        3bagsfullposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well, there are alot of people who are making alot of money teaching others how to make money on the web and when they do, the students use the techniques

I like to write my own stuff, but others have a different goal

2. Eric Graudins profile image59
        Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Doesn't matter a rats. Unless by "hard work" you mean niche analysis, keyword research, copywriting, backlinking.

It also depends what you are trying to achieve at HubPages. What's your goal?
        To maximise the money you earn? Or to write quality content.
        The two are rarely compatible.

Cheers, Eric G.

3. Silver Rose profile image65
        Silver Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe they enjoy providing employment to other people? Seriously in this economy there are a lot of people who would jump at the chance to be paid $5 per article or even $2 upfront by someone else, without having to worry about keyword selection, promotion, backlinks and all the rest of it. Who are we to say to them, sorry we want to ban the entrepreneurs who are sending you this work?

If we took the attitude that no-one could employ other people, and everyone had to do all the "good ol' fashioned hard work" themselves, a lot of people would get laid off.

In an ideal world of course everyone would know how to maximise their income so there wouldn't be just a few people who "get it" and who then employ others to do their grunt work - everyone would get it and be able to reap the maximum profit from their efforts. Sadly it's not like that.

I expect the people writing the outsourced articles feel that they are making more money working for someone else than going it alone. In a sense all of us on Hubpages feel we will make more money here than going it alone with our own websites - in fact Hubpages itself has "outsourced" their content production to us, and keeps a slice of the profits. This is business. The blogger mentioned in the OP is actually using the exact same model, she is just further down the chain.

15. Eric Graudins profile image59
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

Why would hubpages want to limit the number of hubs that anyone  can post?
    After all, their goal is to have as many hubs as possible on their system.

It's entirely possible that Jenny has researched and  written the content herself.

Or perhaps she has had it commissioned, or has rewritten or "spun" private label content. This is what all internet marketers do these days.

This is what Hubpages want. And encourage. And reward.

A clever programmer could probably write write a program that would generate original articles of a type acceptable to HubPages, and automatically post them to hubpages at the rate of hundreds - or thousands - per hour.

The name of the game is number of hubs, number of visitors, and revenue generated.

If you are under the illusion that HubPages is only a place for purist writers who agonise for days over a hub, and that your work is placed on a pedestal by Hub Pages, then you are in sore need of a reality check.

So go for it Jenny. You're a great example of what to do if you want to make some money on hub Pages. In fact, I have recently created another user account where I'm doing exactly the same thing.

@uninvited writer: hubscores can take a while to kick in. And Author scores don't mean much either. Just look at the scores of some of the more obnoxious / prolific hubbers on the forums.

Cheers, Eric G.

16. 3bagsfull profile image65

here is the thing to keep in mind

HP has gone out of their way to help us "white hats" by limiting the "grey hats" by creating a ranking system.

this ranking system puts our original work higher up in the hubpage ranks and we ultimately should get more exposure.

now for the grey hats, well, google will hopefully do its job to keep them down in the google ranks

only time will tell

Actually, most likely the "grey hats" will absolutely slaughter the google rankings compared to us "white hats"

The terms white hat, grey hat, black hat .. really only relate to the methods one uses for optimizing search engine placement and perhaps generating traffic as a whole. If you intentionally use methods that are against the terms of service you are leaning into blackhat territory..but really does ANYBODy care about Googles or Reddits or Diggs etc. Terms of service?, well except for maybe Relache (insert link to FAQ here) They are all merely vehicles to bring traffic to our sites, rules be damned.(well until your caught, slapped, banned that is)

The "white hat" is the guy yelling "content is king" and hoping that people gift him with backlinks and references.

Traditionally, a successful white hat optimization will be slower to rank well but will achieve long term results.

the black hat optimizer will use games in the system to quickly achieve high returns but will most likely fall from sight after its methods are caught. The black hatter is responsible for the comment in your bible blog that says "wow this is so excellent, so happy to read this, thank you...check out my site (getbigpenisnow.com)

His automated program sent that comment out to 5000 blogs and hour generating massive backlinks, hitting the top of the SERP's for a high paying keyword and cashed in heavily no doubt from the short ride at the top...after that site gets banned..rinse and repeat to the next mission.

Grey hat is somewhere in the middle, and thats what you should aim to be

The hubpage ranking system does a good job stopping dumb spammers by removing teh incentive to post on this site (loss of backlink/outbound links) but thats about it...thats an internal system, by all means the steps that create a good hubscore. will also create a higher quality article in google eyes (or so I believe, it is a top secret algorithm and all) BUT, the sooner you forget about your hubscore (as long as its good) and focus on the WORLD wide web, the better for your exposure and earnings (should you care)

"HP has gone out of their way to help us "white hats" by limiting the "grey hats" by creating a ranking system."

No, they have created a good business model to encourage traffic to a site in which you crop share content to them

17. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Well, if she succeeds more power to her. It doesn't bother me that she has posted that much. I wish I could be so prolific smile

1. Jane@CM profile image59
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly!

As I stated before, I was surprised to see that many hubs, but really, who cares?  I don't think it should offend anyone.  Good business sense...and that's the name of the game for many big_smile

Also, the fact that her profile link is on this thread is going to get her a fair amount of people going to take a look.  smile

18. jiberish profile image80
    jiberishposted 14 years ago

Maybe we could send her a note, and ask her how she does it, and how many pots of coffee she drinks a day? I have to give credit to anyone who can write so many hubs.

19. mobilephone guide profile image61
    mobilephone guideposted 14 years ago

100 hubs... damn that's a lot in just a week! Don't care if it's a moneytizer though, most of us are doing something like it anyway, maybe a bit "subtler".heheheh

20. profile image0
    BethanyGMposted 14 years ago

This really makes me want to have a separate username to do this with. I want to write my own quality content, but SEO rich articles really can be bought on the cheap. ;( It just offends the writer in me. I am sure she will start making money quickly, though.
    Does the white hat/grey hat thing even work, though? Most of my articles are on the first page of google already for basic keywords.

EDIT

Do you guys think it is ETHICAL to purchase articles and post them here for profit?

21. Tyson Ellis profile image40
    Tyson Ellisposted 14 years ago

Outsourced content for sure... but good for her. Ingenuity is where it's at.

22. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

It certainly does make one Curious....

23. Lissie profile image75
    Lissieposted 14 years ago

You are perfectly entitled to have multiple user IDs on hubpages many of us do.

If you are buying cheap articles make sure they are unique - PLR and similar will get you nowhere fast on HP.

Of course white/grey/black hats work- that's why people do it LOL - you answered your own question if your articles are on page 1 ...

Why would I purchase articles except with the intent to profit from them LOL? If its just for fun I'd write the stuff myself!

24. xquisit1985 profile image53
    xquisit1985posted 14 years ago

simply put, whoever did this was a machine either, typing to the point that the keyboard was smoking, or copying and pasting previously typed articles, or paying someone possibly a team to write them so they could focus on posting and then driving traffic. they are original, and keyword rich, so i suspect this is a team effort, or they were bought and then turned to hubs for profit, wither way, it is the definition of spam, by hub pages at least. a low score, and over 100 hubs- not good!
    i have 40 hubs and a score of 86 with a profit of 113.13 in 7 days
    and let me tell ya, i stay up all night, research all day, and type type type, then i resource, and type more, and then pull photos, and post them, then link, then publish, my whole process takes about 1-2 hours per hub. idk how anyone could do more because my head is frying just doing 40 in a week, literally i am taking a day or 2 off so my eyes can rest,

the other posibility is alot of coffem or perhaps an illicit drug of some sort! lol seriously something isnt right with it!

http://hubpages.com/author/xquisit1985/latest/?rss

thats the feed for all of my hubs! check em out and let me know how i am doing!

25. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

another thought, if your having any trouble coming up with hub ideas..take that hubbers titles and write quality rewrites.

I looked at only one. It is as good as 80% of the crap you'll find anywhere.

The one hub I looked at "We buy ugly houses"

has keywords in it that range between 10-15 dollars per click! Im sure there are many people who have been writing here for 6 months plus, with the intent of earning that have not made that much yet
    we buy ugly houses    1 - 3    $9.62   

we buy houses fast    1 - 3    $10.34   

we buy houses cash    1 - 3    $12.24   

we buy houses    1 - 3    $14.15

But before you try that particular example realize that you are up against 93,100,000 competitors...so it seems the hubber, did there keyword value research but may have disregarded there competition.

but then again, if they paid 2-3 dollars an article as I imagine..it may be a worthwhile gamble

1. Silver Rose profile image65
      Silver Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sunforged, careful. The publisher (i.e. us) doesn't get the entire amount quoted in the Adwords tool. The CPC quoted there is what the advertiser will pay to be displayed on the search results. If their ad is displayed on a content page like hubpages, they are likely paying less, and as a publisher you get 20-30% of what they pay. And if you send them clicks that have a low conversion into sales, Google protects the advertiser by charging them way less, and as a publisher your percentage of way less is also way less!

Price quoted to be displayed first in search results, yes you wont get 10-15 per click, but you are way more likely to receive higher returns than a term that quotes at .63 cents.

Smart pricing / CTR is true across all terms, I was stating that she will not likely receive much traffic, so I dont see her CTR being effected

26. agrande profile image61
    agrandeposted 14 years ago

I think if someone is dedicated to writing they could do this.  Just find a few subjects you are interested in and then break them down into small subject area and write on each one.
    I would imagine she wrote instead of watching TV, talking with friends, or any of the other excuses we have for not writing.  The key is to set the goal and then follow through.  We can accomplish a lot more than we think we can.  But we don't accomplish much because we don't try hard enough.
    Most people say "Hard work doesn't scare me, I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep."  :-)
    Push yourself and see what you can do.

27. bigmikeh profile image68
    bigmikehposted 14 years ago

Find out the answer here - she speaks for herself

http://hubpages.com/request/17529/

28. simplyjo profile image55
    simplyjoposted 14 years ago

hehee.. not possible for me atleast. I can barely write 10 articles a day. lol.

29. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

She may have had them saved to word, I visited the hubs and the appear to not be copied however they are missing some vaulable information. Good for her to do a 100 in 5 days, as you can see it took me 2 years to do a 101 well I take that back there are some that are unpublished for now and others in the works that has yet to be published so I would say appr. 130. lolololo big_smile
    Oh well good for her and may she find success.smile

30. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

HOLY COW BATMAN ! I have not even wrote 50 hubs In a year. And trying to do good ones makes me tired !

1. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I knew that you knew it was Sunday you even gave Batman a Holy Cow!! lolololoo big_smile 
      Seriously you write great hubs Tony, each and every hub is good.smile

1. tony0724 profile image60
        tony0724posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you my friend ! And likewise to you . Happy Sunday !

31. ThePartyAnimal profile image60
    ThePartyAnimalposted 14 years ago

I would like to know what Coffee they are drinking and get me some.

32. Cam Anju profile image66
    Cam Anjuposted 14 years ago

Dear, if you look at the way she has a lot of similar topics you can see it looks like typical PLR.
    Now whether she is rewriting the articles, using then as is, is paying for them to be written for only her... I have no idea. As I can see a lot of people on hubpages use PLR article packs.wink

My articles are all mine now and on HP, but I used to be into a lot of private label right content.

33. world of the wise profile image67
    world of the wiseposted 14 years ago

You will be mad to try to compete with such a person. 1 hub per second is a record

34. world of the wise profile image67
    world of the wiseposted 14 years ago

i just wish i was her, for sure money is about to knock on her door

1. Cam Anju profile image66
      Cam Anjuposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe, but just because she has a lot of hubs doesn't mean they will do well, (though I hope they do for her)Keywords, and well written articles about topics that are being searched for are just as good if not better then a large bunch of blind articles. wink

35. Cam Anju profile image66
    Cam Anjuposted 14 years ago

Well people, here's your answer! smile

"Hi. I actually wrote 70% of my hubs beforehand over the course of a month -- so the content was all there -- so that doesn't count as "writing" for my part. Well I did write, but just not all that content in a few days! I do confess that I did write an additional 30 during 5 days though -- that was pretty tough and something I don't want to repeat -- not for a long while

Regards, Jenny"

Ok, she writes like PLR packs. smile

Source: http://hubpages.com/request/17529/

36. 3bagsfull profile image65

her hubber score is a 32

please keep that in mind

you can game the system but the system can game you back

keywords alone is not the way to make money

I hope she didn't pay alot for the "guru" advice she is using. these topics have a ton of competition and if you aren't on page 1 of google your articles may never see the light of day

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)