Turn My Swag On...

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (49 posts)
  1. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Are you a confident person? Or cocky? A douchebag? Proud? Or do you just have some swagger? I happen to believe in the power of swagger. And I believe that everyone should have some element of swagger aka confidence, balls, and a cool flame in order to -
    1. Survive - dangerous people will often chill for you, if they sense you've got confidence. I've seen this happen often. Even if you have a gun pointed at you, be confident, or at least fake it. smile
    2. Attract the opposite sex - men respond to confident women. Only men with low self-esteem feel intimidated by women of power or self-confidence. The reverse is applicable as well. Women cant get enough of a guy who's packing blue balls, you better believe it. Ask the ladies.
    3. Charisma. People around you, your friends, family and enemies cant help but wonder at you. You weild a power over them.
    4. Success. My personal testimony. Since my college I said I would be self-employed. And even though that's normal for most people in college to say, they end up working for someone. Not a bad thing, but just not my thing. I wanted my own rules, my own time to do whatever, however, whenever. And with God on my side, I actualized it. This wasn't without some confidence. I never doubted myself for a second. In the same way, I'll win an Oscar in the future. Wanna bet? Its pretty much a law for everybody. wink
    so how do you view confidence? do you have swagger? Do you have balls? I mean beyond this virtual world, in the real world do you pack blue balls or a you a weak coward? Do approach life with a fiery tenacity to eliminate all obstacles and factors forging against your success? In short, how do you turn your swag on? I turn my swag on everyday, from the minute I wake up, say my prayers, work out, bath, eat, watch TV. Pop on my Tims or sneakers - love to float when I'm moving - drive slowly, or so fast I should be in the Nascar. I see myself like a director in my own movie, wherein I'm the lead character. I move in slow-motion, I see it in my mind's eye every second, I cant fuck it up. Pardon my French, its impossible. That's my swag. What's yours?

2. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

one of my hubs is on how to gain confidence quickly and I use all of them for my swagger. I have an internal playlist and an asset list. I also believe strongly in karma so doing the right thing makes me feel good. I also am the director, writer, main charicter of my own movie. Also me time, me time is great for swagger and be yourself.

1. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Indeed. Phoniness will often hamper your swag. Trying to be what you're not and all. Key is, know yourself, strengths and weaknesses, then maximize them for the kill

3. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

Interesting, Fierycj.

I believe in knowing who you are and what you stand for.  The word 'No,' is one of the most important in my vocabulary.  I will not allow others to push me around or use me.  This does not mean that I don't help others, but never because of a guilt trip!

I like what you said about confidence.  I don't think of myself as a confident person, but at the same time, I don't take no for an answer, where I am responsible for the outcome.  For this reason, I often find myself in unsought leadership.  The only way to avoid leadership is to avoid showing interest.

As to attracting the opposite sex, all that is needed is a genuine smile.  I find cockiness to be repulsive. 

Charisma:  I'd have to agree with you there.  Mystery is good there too.  Don't tell everything.  smile

Success:  I too have done just what I set out to do, and then some.  I don't have it all figured out, as I need some goals for some of the new adventures I have undertaken.

I don't really have a formula for this, I just keep seeking God, and following Him.  Do my goals align with His Word?
    Proverbs 31:10-31
    Titus 2:3-5

1. profile image0

yes, scriptures will help you fine-tune your swag - give it purpose, give it meaning. Like check this here Elijah. He's full of swag. Notice how he sits on a mountain all day, and when the evil king sent his guards to come fetch him, he simply sent fire down from heaven to burn them all. That guy's my role model. I just love fiery people like that. smile

1. Ivorwen profile image66
        Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like when the young men were making fun of Elijah, calling him an old baldy, and the bear came out of the mountain and killed them.  It shows that aligning your purposes with God's purposes for your life is indeed powerful.

1. profile image0
          dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OH my Dad soooooo used that to his advantage. I was so scared to take out the trash at night for a while!!!

4. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

I am smile  many things

but I still cant pee over a 6ft fence lol

hey CJ you should make that into a hub (seriously the advertisers like that 'sell yourself' info)

AND...when yer famous one day (which you will be), and I wanna job in Marketing or an International Agency (downunder)...remember me smile

1. profile image0

Ha ha ha hey, have you dropped my resume with Scorcese yet?

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Would help if ya sent it ,lol
        Thing is Id probably have more luck with P.Jackson and then theres my cut....counting on fingers lol

1. profile image0

ha ha ha ha hey, Jackson is the man! Hook me up, then. Tell him I'm hot, all the good stuff! smile

Im on it boss!

1. profile image0

No No. You're the boss lady! You're more or less making a recommendation. smile hey, tell him I'm about to complete a screenplay for a horror flick that's gonna blow Nigeria up! Tell him I'm gonna direct it myself! Tell him *oh I'm sounding like a groupie* just one more, tell him I think, Lord of the Rings is the greatest eric ever! I'm sure I'm missing something, but just play it cool. Dont make it like I'm desperate or anything, though I would kill to tag along that guy. You're a smart woman...you know... smile

lol I will tell him that youd make a better friend ,than an enemy smile

1. profile image0

Ha ha ha ha ha You, Kiwi, You...

2. profile image0

ha ha ha ha hey, Jackson is the man! Hook me up, then. Tell him I'm hot, all the good stuff! smile

5. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Outisde of virtual I am always leading with great self-confidence. I enjoy helping others and am very humbled when they advance above and beyond my expectations. I express what I feel but sometimes it does hurt someone's feelings. sad

1. profile image0

Truth hurt, Baby. You know it. smile

6. Drew Breezzy profile image62
    Drew Breezzyposted 14 years ago

I used to be cocky with no confidence. Now I am confidentnot cocky and got my swag on my back like a super hero cape.

1. profile image0

That's good, Drew. Hey, nice pun there. Hey, you rap some, Drew?

1. Drew Breezzy profile image62
        Drew Breezzyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

simile smile haha but for fun yeah

7. wesleycox profile image70
    wesleycoxposted 14 years ago

Interesting question CJ.  In short the answer would have to be yes.  I would say that my presence generally calms storms that surround the workplace.  Then again sometimes I cause the storms.  I have absolute confidence in my abilities as a leader because I know what I am doing.  Some others of my rank also look to me for guidance and I silently show them the way.  I am often surrounded by arrogant and cocky people at work, the thing I do is just ignore their ignorance.

Do I have swagger?  I don't know.  My wife loves me even though I haven't always been the best one for her, of which I plan on devoting the rest of my life to correct.  As far as attracting other women that is something that I really could care less about.

I think I covered all the questions.

1. profile image0

You got it, Clark. If your wife thinks you're hot, what else is there!

8. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

You Cool Dude!  I’m just me. (ain’t got no swag) smile

Survive – Couldn’t fake confidence if a gun was pulled at my head. There might be a puddle on the floor, but I’ll soon get round to getting a black belt.

Attract Opposite Sex – I dine with them with a very long spoon. (proverb)

Charisma - I have a warm, friendly personality, with a wikid sense of humour. You can’t be around me and not laugh a lot, whether you are a five year old, a teenager, an elderly person or even one of my students.

Success – I’m grateful to God for putting very caring and helpful people in my career path. A lot of Managers I worked with pushed me a step higher in my Career. My Business has only a few Clients, but they are very reliable.  (touch wood)

Approach to life – I stay positive and help people stay positive too.

Be warned!!  As warm as I sound, its not a nice idea to cross me, as I can be Fiery like you in a subtle way – A Leo. smile

1. profile image0

Ha ha ha Babe, you trying to say I cant be subtle. Yes, I know I'm aggressive mostly, but I can be subtle sometimes. wink

9. goodfriendiam profile image60
    goodfriendiamposted 14 years ago

I'm a swagger, i use to be something, now I am nothing, because there are those that can't handle someone with there own voice and own opinion, sometimes it hurts, to hear your wrong. I'm a swagger....lol

10. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

I have no swagger. I would apologize like the dickens if someone thought I was cocky. But I am confident. It was a hard learned, long sought after confidence. I am who I am, and damn proud of it. Some people would take that as arrogance, but I dont think it is.

1. profile image0

thin fine line between pride and confidence. People often dont see it.

1. profile image0
        dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yessir. and if I was pridefull, I would want someone to point it out. I do mean, truly prideful, not just, proud of what I have actually done. there IS a difference. Hard thing to teach to kids....

1. profile image0

You got that right. Too much MTV. smile

11. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Cocky with a swagger, the swagger is usually alcohol induced though if that counts smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is that the same as "hubris,"? Because I am seeing a lot of that lately..........

1. profile image49
        badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Doncha just love those fancy words !

1. profile image0

Mark's a fancy son of a gun. You should know this, BC. You must know this. smile

12. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Yeah I know, without him and Lizzie I would not have learnt half of what I know.

1. profile image0

Who's Lizzie?

1. profile image49

I meant Lissie, the Queen of Hubs !

http://hubpages.com/profile/Lissie

1. profile image0

I see. I've been her 4 months, and I still dont know people.

1. profile image49

Jeeez man ya must have been in a soddin coma if ya havent seen Lissie, shes deff the wise lady of the site. Methinks tis time you had an Avatar change, not like you to keep the same one, or do you like that one because it reminds you of an old flame smile

1. profile image0

are you talking about me or you here? No pun intended. wink

1. profile image49

Both of us probably lol !

1. profile image0

No badcompany. I'm pretty sure its just you. wink

13. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Do I have swagger? I exude swagger! I'm type-A, Irish, Catholic, Aries, post-menopausal female and I will bring the wrath on anyone that messes with me or my kids! My ex-hubby is fair game though...! smile Have at him!

1. goodfriendiam profile image60
      goodfriendiamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL I second that!!!!

2. profile image0

Now that's swagger Baby! smile

14. profile image0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years ago

I'm just damn sexy - I mean, look at those glasses.

Women want me and men want to be me tongue

Haha, nah, just kidding.

I find my confidence in my creativity - people seem to love the 'deepness' that comes with poetry and I aim to be the first 17yr old to write a successful play (it's called "The Memoirs of Edward Wrentworth" and I'm just about to finish the second act - basically it's about how murder effects a family from the early 1900s).

Also I have a 'I couldn't give a damn what you think of me' attitude and am kind of arrogant. My way or the highway baby.

1. profile image0

You're not 17 yet?

1. profile image0
        L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I am,
        I'm 18 in three months in fact.

But I'm working on a play at the moment, I'm just putting the finishing pieces to it now, the last Act.

Nearly 80 pages - I'm quite chuffed.

2. OneStopWriteShop profile image61
      OneStopWriteShopposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Was browsing for some interesting post, and stumbled upon yours. I love your attitude, and I think that many creative individuals such as writers, artists, etc... have this too. Maybe it is all the time we spend at our desk, (or) not being paid for the time spent at our desk, lol. Only kidding. Hmm, or am I, he-he. Its late here in the great state of Ohio, the AC is kicked on, and I am not a bit tired. So, its time to find something to be inspired by, write a few thousand words, and then off to dream land.

Have you studied writing at college?

I have a script that I'd like to write. This is one genre, I have not studied though. The only thing I know about screen plays is that they are mostly in dialogue, which is something I'm pretty good at writing. However, I know there is a whole lot more too writing a script then just dialogue.

Maybe we could talk writing sometime? I'd like to read some of your work. Screen plays are intriguing to me.

Well, I best get back to work. Always running a little behind, he-he. Good luck to you! --

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)