jump to last post 1-19 of 19 discussions (19 posts)

Is Hub Pages Addictive?

1. Seeker7 profile image97
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Is Hub Pages Addictive?

I have to admit that I often come onto Hub Pages even before I've looked at my e-mails. At one time my e-mails were always the first priority when going on line. So I reckon Hub Pages must be addictive at least sometimes!

2. Barbara Kay profile image90
    Barbara Kayposted 6 years ago

It might seem so. Especially when you get involved in the forums and reading other hubs. I personally spend a lot of time here.

3. kikalina profile image90
    kikalinaposted 6 years ago

Yes it is getting addictive to me!  Help me!  hehe

4. msshandriaball profile image62
    msshandriaballposted 6 years ago

Yes it is ,I have stop playing cafe world on facebook for HP. I find myself getting back to my normal schedule after 6 weeks now .But I still enjoy writing .

5. rednickle profile image81
    rednickleposted 6 years ago

k well i wud have to admit to this one and i even come here far more  than i check Facebook. But the  truth is that hub pages is filled with people willing to share their views, showcase their talents  and give out quality information to the hub page community so being addicted to checking all those things out is really justified

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image99
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I think that social networking might actually have some elements of psychological addiction.

Hubpages isn't exactly a social network site...but it's got some attributes of social networking sites, doesn't it?

Some folks have literally created small businesses from their work on this site - that's where the focus should be....well, for broke folks like me, anyway :-D

7. whoisbid profile image75
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

I realized that the scoring system fascinates me. I am still working it out

8. Bianu profile image60
    Bianuposted 6 years ago

I don't know if HP is addictive, but checking your Hub stats and affiliate earnings are.

9. Millionaire Tips profile image94
    Millionaire Tipsposted 6 years ago

Yep, I was going to take the day off HP today, yet here I am.

10. xrocker30 profile image75
    xrocker30posted 6 years ago

I'm addicted to checking how much money I've made.  I check it hourly.

11. NiaG profile image90
    NiaGposted 6 years ago

It's very addictive especially if you are a beginner. You find yourself thinking of what you can write about. You'll check your stats and earnings non-stop. It's good fun.

12. jacqui2011 profile image83
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

I really do find HP very addictive. I always check HP first before doing anything else. Every spare minute that I get, I find myself in the forums, answering questions and reading hubs. I check my earnings and like to see how my hubs are faring. When I am at work I check HP on my mobile phone in my breaks!

13. learner365 profile image76
    learner365posted 6 years ago

HP is indeed very addictive.I keep on coming back to it again and again.As a matter of fact i spend more than half part of my day browsing around reading the Hubs by fellow Hubbers. It is an interesting place and i am absolutely loving being here so far !!!

14. Daniella Lopez profile image91
    Daniella Lopezposted 6 years ago

It definitely can be addictive. I catch myself browsing around on here as if it were Facebook or something. yikes

15. alezafree profile image87
    alezafreeposted 6 years ago

Addictive? Why, what ever do you mean?!

* Answered while rocking back and forth in a fetal position and coping with furious body shakes

16. nicregi profile image76
    nicregiposted 6 years ago

I am addicted to HP. I checked every hour via mobile or desktop smile

17. Cresentmoon2007 profile image74
    Cresentmoon2007posted 6 years ago

It most certainly can be. It's the first thing I do in the morning after I take care of my dog and fix myself up some coffee. I get on hubpages, check my comments, answer some questions, read hubs, and manage to write at least one hub in the morning. Then I usually just stick to answering questions and reading them off and on through out the day. But def. can be addictive.

18. georgethegent profile image58
    georgethegentposted 6 years ago

Yes, it certainly is!!! But it is also beneficial (for me anyway) in that it keeps me out of trouble.

19. starstream profile image76
    starstreamposted 6 years ago

Oh yea..... and fun...I never get bored here.