Amazon Affiliates

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 16 years ago

Ok, so today I noticed that for the past several months, since I've been at HubPages, my amazon affiliates ID was wrong... I somehow managed a "!" at the end of my ID. But, I could have sworn that it was there when I copied it from Amazon Affiliates site to here. But, now I see the ID without the !

So, anyway... Whenever I need my ID, I come to HubPages to grab it from the affiliates tab. So, I have just realized that just about everywhere I've used the ID, I've had the exclaimation mark after it. :-\ The only links that I have that have been correct were those I made for my blogs while in the program. So, that sucks...

Could this be one of the reasons why I've had NO sales?

Also, is there a reason why I see clicks in my Amazon Affiliates page, when I've been using the wrong ID, except for in two other places (to which I doubt had many clicks)?  The day or so after I started using the code on another site, I saw a ton more clicks, but again, the code had the ! at the end.

I've spent the morning removing them all.

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 16 years agoin reply to this

If there's ever a time to really do a check of what you typed, it's when using an affiliate code.  Most likely this is the culprit.

2. huba7 profile image62
      huba7posted 16 years agoin reply to this

What is the Amozon Afilliates and how does it work-I was keen simply know more aboout it-can you elaborate please?

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Whitney,

Considering all details you outlined, I think you better ask their customer service.

3. Whitney05 profile image83

I didn't think I had any concerns as I copied and pasted it... :-\

4. profile image0
    daflaposted 16 years ago

Now I want to go check mine, because I managed to get the wrong code for analytics, although I too, copied and pasted.  I've had no sales on Amazon either.

5. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 16 years ago

Whitney, when you click the "check your earnings" on HubPages, does it take you to the right place? 

D'uh, just realised that doesn't tell you anything, since you have to enter your email and password to log in anyway.  I just opened Amazon and HubPages side by side so I could compare and make sure they were the same.

I hadn't checked my earnings for ages, and got really excited when I saw there were 7 orders!

But I haven't earned any money.  Guess whoever it was must have cancelled their order sad

6. sunstreeks profile image83
    sunstreeksposted 16 years ago

I did the same thing with my Ebay ID. I grabbed the account number at the top of my cj.com screen instead of my pid. I corrected it yesterday and out of 4 hits, 1 of them resulted in a sale. 

Considering one of my high traffic hubs is meant to draw attention to a item that is best bought on ebay, I wonder how many sales I lost because of this.

Oh well. lesson learned smile

1. funride profile image68
      funrideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

sad I just notice I´ve made the same mistake. Thanks to you all I´ve already correct this, thank you!

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image70
        Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Same here.  Doh!  I sure feel silly.

7. Whitney05 profile image83

Looks like me posting this mistake has helped a few of you. Ha.

You guys had me worrid about my Ebay ID, so I immediately checked it. And, I have the number at the top of my account. I'm not sure where to find my Ebay ID.

8. sunstreeks profile image83

Hi Whitney,

yes thanks, I'm glad I took the time to go check on my account #'s after seeing you were having problems.

sign in to cj.com

go to account tab

then website settings

On the left is your PID  smile

I wonder how many hubbers don't have sales with ebay because they used the account number at the top of the page.

I think our affiliate sales might start to improve wink

9. sunstreeks profile image83

You know,

this is the kind of thread it would be nice to mark with a sticky. A must read for members so they don't make the same mistake.

1. belief713 profile image61
      belief713posted 16 years agoin reply to this

Ditto on the sticky thing - I think a lot of forum posts need sticky's. It'd save me a lot of time searching! smile

10. Whitney05 profile image83

Thanks sunstreeks!
    I wonder how many sales I lost because of using the CJ ID versus the PID.

When in HubPages you have to put your HubPages PID correct? As I have different sites set up. I'm curious as to if it matters which one? Of course, I'm using the HubPages PID, but out of curiousity.

11. Whitney05 profile image83

Oh, and that "!" after my ID did affect my sales. Because after changing it just the other day, I've had 3 sales. :-( Pooh. Oh well. Lesson learned. Right?

Just one question though:  What's the difference between Revenue and Referral Fees?

Wait another questin: I show 3 sales, but only 2 have shipped. When the 3rd ships, with the revenue show?

12. Whitney05 profile image83

anyone?

13. Mark Knowles profile image57
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

Yes. big_smile

14. Jaelyn profile image59
    Jaelynposted 16 years ago

YES INDEEDY! smile

15. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 16 years ago

Anyone want to make a Hub with links to all the Forum threads that should be "sticky"?

Jenny

16. Mark Knowles profile image57
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)