jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

If you do not write every day, does your hubpage score decrease?

1. HLKeeley profile image84
    HLKeeleyposted 5 years ago

If you do not write every day, does your hubpage score decrease?

I am very competitive and I like my score above a 90 because in my mind that is an A. I was just curious if I don't write every day like I have been doing, if my score will go down.

2. Edgar Arkham profile image74
    Edgar Arkhamposted 5 years ago

Sometimes my score skyrockets on days I don't publish, and falls on days I do. I publish 5 days a week and I'm happy with just working on my hubs everyday. My score doesn't worry me unless it REALLY drops; but then again, I'm not that competitive.

HLKeeleyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I know its not a competition, but sometimes I fall in runts for a while. If I make it a competition then I will continue writing and then improve my writing skills. Today I just dont feel like writing, especially writing for 7 days in a row.

3. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 5 years ago

HubScores are designed to change constantly based on a combination of factors and whether you choose to post every day (like you've been doing) or take three weeks off from the site entirely (as I'm about to do to go traveling) you'll find that your scores still go up and down.

Even if you get your score up to 100, there might be people on the site with scores in the 80s who are making more money than you.

1. Jason Marovich profile image88
      Jason Marovichposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think HP places a good deal of importance on HubScores, so there's probably an emphasis of some sort on content in their algorithm.  I'm not real active and my score stays pretty much the same.

4. somethgblue profile image86
    somethgblueposted 5 years ago

Well I am competitive and gotta ask does your Hub score make you any money?

Then who cares, obviously you do, I don't. Since your Hub score fluctuates what does that tell you about your idea of grades?

Hub Scores are an overrated dimension of Hub Pages and has no real bearing on how the public rates your writing, or how much money you earn.

HLKeeleyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

How much I make is important, but money is not the reason I write.

2. somethgblue profile image86
      somethgblueposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Same here, I really don't write for money and I'm sure that I could make more Blogging but I like Hub Pages and the community.

5. CWanamaker profile image98
    CWanamakerposted 5 years ago

It's hard to say for sure because there are so many factors involved.  My hubscore is higher now than it was when I was consistently publishing new content.  In addition to this, my current traffic level is less than what it used to be. I really don't know what to make of this.

working