jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

As a hubber, do you make a draft of the hub you want to upload?

1. sonison profile image74
    sonisonposted 5 years ago

As a hubber, do you make a draft of the hub you want to upload?

2. newcalendar profile image69
    newcalendarposted 5 years ago

Always, I write stuff in Microsoft Word first and then check it and edit it as I upload it to the site. Plus sometimes the site does freeze and you may lose some of your work otherwise.

3. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

I don't write drafts (on here, or even when I'm writing someone who's paying me to write it).  Maybe I do kind of "write a draft in my head", but the point is I don't write one on paper (oops- the screen, I mean). 

Anyway, I always type Hubs into Word Pad and paste them in here later.  Sometimes I'll first temporarily paste one into Word in order to get any errors there are to catch.  Then I'll paste it in here, run the spell-check here, and maybe get another typing error or two.

Writing Hubs directly on here (or any writing site) is risky.  There's always the chance you'll lose whatever you've written.  Writing offline first also kind of forces you to have a copy of everything you write, file it, organize it, etc. etc.  Keeping at least one copy is always a good idea.  You never know, as they say.

1. Written Up profile image73
      Written Upposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I should be more diligent about writing my hubs offline first, but its actually hit or miss.  This is a good reminder for me to do a better job. Especially given the risks the other posters pointed out.

2. sonison profile image74
      sonisonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for reply. It was very insightful.

4. pals002 profile image60
    pals002posted 5 years ago

I usually write my hub in Microsoft Word first. In this way I can check the spelling and grammar before I upload to hubpage. It also prevents my work to be lost if the hubpage freeze or I lost the internet connection. After I finish my hub in Word, I will copy into the hubpage and save as a draft first. Then I will upload any pictures or videos into the hubpage before I publish it.

5. ben-88 profile image61
    ben-88posted 5 years ago

I don't, but that's only because I use Google Chrome, which allows me to spell check while I'm typing in a hub.  I've also found the "recover draft" button in the text capsules to be pretty reliable in the event that the site malfunctions.

6. soni2006 profile image79
    soni2006posted 5 years ago

I never create a draft. I straight away write the whole article in MS word, do spell check, etc. and then assemble images and publish it directly answering a question or from the button on the top named, start a new hub.

7. iefox5 profile image58
    iefox5posted 5 years ago

Yes, I make a draft before formally upload and sometimes I even edit the hub for a few times to ensure its accuracy.

working