jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Would people read hubs written about my experiences as an inner city Social Work

1. cofdqq8 profile image60
    cofdqq8posted 5 years ago

Would people read hubs written about my experiences as an inner city Social Worker?

14 years ago, I started doing Social Work in one of the poorest areas of my city.  I have said hundreds of times that I should write a book on my experiences....I wonder if HubPages would be a good place to start ???

2. innerspin profile image92
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

There's really only one way to find out. A lot will depend on your writing style, but you have nothing to lose by giving it a go. Seeing life from a new angle can be very interesting. Good luck.

3. Goody5 profile image65
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

My advice to you is give it a try and see what happens. You don't have anything to lose.

4. tillsontitan profile image87
    tillsontitanposted 5 years ago

HubPages is always a good place to start writing period.  You can try your style and voice here and get a feel for what people think.  The community at HubPages is supportive and encouraging so my personal  opinion is this is probably the best place to start!

5. Au fait profile image93
    Au faitposted 5 years ago

Innerspin, tillsontitan, and Goody5, all have good advice.  You can't really know for sure what subjects may interest people until you write about them.  What works for you may not work for other writers, and vice versa.  It costs you nothing but your time to give it a try.  Think about how you want to present your information and make sure to choose a tantalizing title.  Good luck!

6. IDONO profile image83
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

Sure. I would read them.... unless I started to get the feeling they were becoming over-dramatic or the highs and lows of your experiences were being sensationalized for the purpose of entertainment. If you want to make novels out of true stories, that's fine. If you write stories for education, that's fine. But if I feel that someone is purposely misrepresenting themselves or their motives, I will shut it down quickly.

1. cofdqq8 profile image60
      cofdqq8posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm not so sure that the stories would be educational but they would certainly be factual.

2. IDONO profile image83
      IDONOposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Then give it a shot. I will follow so I know when you post. You can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket. To me, getting thoughts out is more important than the response. So, I set my own path and if people come along for the ride it's a bonus

3. cofdqq8 profile image60
      cofdqq8posted 5 years agoin reply to this

IDONO - I really appreciate your feedback...and you couldn't be more right about the lottery ticket wink  Verbally when I tell these stories I feel like my listeners are in awe....hanging on each word...however, I am not sure that my strength lies...

7. cofdqq8 profile image60
    cofdqq8posted 5 years ago

IDONO -  I really appreciate your feedback...and you couldn't be more right about the lottery ticket wink Verbally when I tell these stories I feel like my listeners are in awe....hanging on each word...however, I am not sure that my strength lies in translating it to the written word.

working