jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

HubPages or Youtube?

1. sweetzara profile image80
    sweetzaraposted 5 years ago

HubPages or Youtube?

If you were to dedicate all your time creating online content, would you make more money with HubPages or with youtube?

2. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

Hubpages definitrly makes more money, i havea youtube account for 3 yrs yet not making any money coz they ban 2 of my videos which help me to gain thousands of followers。

3. byshea profile image86
    bysheaposted 5 years ago

I believe that You tube is the most lucrative of the two options if done correctly.  That said, I like Hubpages better because it is so much easier to create content on just about anything that you want.  I believe it is much harder to make an interesting and compelling video with You tube.  You are limited by either location, resources, content and etc.

4. hrymel profile image87
    hrymelposted 5 years ago

Both, they work well together.  If you can make quality content then one can help drive traffic to the other, and therefor make more money and be exposed to more readers/viewers.

5. seasonalreviewer profile image61
    seasonalreviewerposted 5 years ago

Depends on success and content. If you can catch an audience with humorous/creative/enjoyable videos and build a large fan-base, YouTube will give out more money. Hubpages on other hand offers steady growth to those that produce very good published content.

Each site wants different content, looking at the top YouTubers, you can see that humour, games & news are the three main topics that gain the most views. With Hubpages the topics are dense and many Hubbers sprout up and do well just through page-views and Google pagerank.

As a little show of money:
    Pewdiepie - $3m last year
    Tobuscus - $4m last year
    Ray William Johnson - $6m last year

6. sm825 profile image60
    sm825posted 5 years ago

Youtube is the best way to make money for producing online content if you know what you are doing. But if you are good, and know how you could combine the 2 together to maximize your profits.

7. phillippeengel profile image80
    phillippeengelposted 5 years ago

If you have a flair in writing, then HubPages is for you. But if you love to produce your own videos and don't mind waiting for a long time for the uploading process, then YouTube is for you. Yes, my answer might seem uncomplicated, but the whole rigmarole of tasks is daunting, because a content produced by you may not always get reads or hits. Be it HubPages or Youtube, you have to know how to attract readers or viewers, most preferably a large amount of them.

8. healthyfitness profile image78
    healthyfitnessposted 5 years ago

I would make my own website and utilize both hubpages and youtube in sync with it.

9. jtrader profile image18
    jtraderposted 4 years ago

I haven't used YouTube to make money so I'm not sure. However, given how hard it is to rank hubs, I am thinking that both are worth a try, even if you are new to making videos.