HubPages or Youtube?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)
  1. sweetzara profile image75
    sweetzaraposted 11 years ago

HubPages or Youtube?

If you were to dedicate all your time creating online content, would you make more money with HubPages or with youtube?

2. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 11 years ago

Hubpages definitrly makes more money, i havea youtube account for 3 yrs yet not making any money coz they ban 2 of my videos which help me to gain thousands of followers。

3. byshea profile image82
    bysheaposted 11 years ago

I believe that You tube is the most lucrative of the two options if done correctly.  That said, I like Hubpages better because it is so much easier to create content on just about anything that you want.  I believe it is much harder to make an interesting and compelling video with You tube.  You are limited by either location, resources, content and etc.

4. hrymel profile image80
    hrymelposted 11 years ago

Both, they work well together.  If you can make quality content then one can help drive traffic to the other, and therefor make more money and be exposed to more readers/viewers.

5. seasonalreviewer profile image61
    seasonalreviewerposted 11 years ago

Depends on success and content. If you can catch an audience with humorous/creative/enjoyable videos and build a large fan-base, YouTube will give out more money. Hubpages on other hand offers steady growth to those that produce very good published content.

Each site wants different content, looking at the top YouTubers, you can see that humour, games & news are the three main topics that gain the most views. With Hubpages the topics are dense and many Hubbers sprout up and do well just through page-views and Google pagerank.

As a little show of money:
    Pewdiepie - $3m last year
    Tobuscus - $4m last year
    Ray William Johnson - $6m last year

6. sm825 profile image59
    sm825posted 11 years ago

Youtube is the best way to make money for producing online content if you know what you are doing. But if you are good, and know how you could combine the 2 together to maximize your profits.

7. phillippeengel profile image82
    phillippeengelposted 11 years ago

If you have a flair in writing, then HubPages is for you. But if you love to produce your own videos and don't mind waiting for a long time for the uploading process, then YouTube is for you. Yes, my answer might seem uncomplicated, but the whole rigmarole of tasks is daunting, because a content produced by you may not always get reads or hits. Be it HubPages or Youtube, you have to know how to attract readers or viewers, most preferably a large amount of them.

8. healthyfitness profile image71
    healthyfitnessposted 11 years ago

I would make my own website and utilize both hubpages and youtube in sync with it.

9. jtrader profile image37
    jtraderposted 10 years ago

I haven't used YouTube to make money so I'm not sure. However, given how hard it is to rank hubs, I am thinking that both are worth a try, even if you are new to making videos.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)