I still think there needs to be a national Hubber convention......

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (66 posts)
  1. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Wouldn't it be interesting to see the results....meet in a centrally located city in the US. Too bad times are so tough. It would be fun.

1. starme77 profile image77
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well it would be tons of fun , ebay does somethng like that and not all ebayers are american either smile

2. donotfear profile image83
      donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Heck, I didn't mean a convention limited to US citizens only. One for everybody! Could have one in the US, one elsewhere. For every country, then. Thought it a cool idea.

3. Friendlyword profile image60
      Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe each City could have their own little Convention first. That would be a nice starting point. I have a great backyard called Central Park.

1. wrenfrost56 profile image57
        wrenfrost56posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, cool idea. Lets do that. smile

4. Hmrjmr1 profile image67
      Hmrjmr1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd go no matter where! If I had to walk!

Now that's dedication! Id'e have to swim too if it were in the states, either that or build an extremly good raft.

1. Hmrjmr1 profile image67

I had relative that did that in 1649 reckon I might find their  plan!

Wow, thats well impressive! If you find that plan, mind sharing it with me?

For you a fellow hubber whats mine is yours! big_smile big_smile (course I aint got much)

Thanks man. big_smile Right back at ya!

smile smile smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Let's not be parochial, remember there are a lot of Hubbers who aren't American!

3. DogSiDaed profile image59
    DogSiDaedposted 14 years ago

I'd have no chance at making it over to the US sad

Could have a British Hubber meeting seperately? smiletongue

I'de second that! smile

4. marcel285 profile image64
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

that would be sooo trippy

5. profile image0
    ysdataposted 14 years ago

It could be a world tour.  LOL

6. wrenfrost56 profile image57
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Maybe we could have t-shirts or badges?.....A bit much?

Where do you think it would be held in the UK? Maybe we could all meet up at a pub or something? smile

1. Gemsong profile image62
      Gemsongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Badges? Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges. We need mugs. "HubPage Hubber"

Your quite right, I think I let my imagination run away with me a bit there. Badges! smile

2. Richieb799 profile image75
      Richieb799posted 14 years agoin reply to this

off tut pub fo hubpages gathering lol

And a few bevvys! smile

1. Richieb799 profile image75
          Richieb799posted 14 years agoin reply to this

cider and writing discussions, sounds like bliss big_smile I think we'd need to hire out the whole pub for the night, lock-ins now I can see it!

2. Will Apse profile image89
          Will Apseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If I was ten years younger I would take you up on that. Nowadays, I need an ambulance back from the off licence.

7. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

No no no not boring old Britain. We'll have a meeting in Benidorm, then everyone gets a holiday, a tan and the booze is cheaper!

I wish I could go to Benidorm but man I'm skint! Britain boring, you aint seen my Britain baby! LOL! lol

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Um, huh? big_smile

Hell yeah! smile

2. DogSiDaed profile image59
        DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mmm yeah I wouldn't be able to get out to Benidorm, it'll be a while before I do any travelling I think xD Except maybe to Spain for a weekend family visit next year.

Welcome to the poor persons convention. lol

8. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Cheap booze! Sign me up! big_smile

9. Haunty profile image74
    Hauntyposted 14 years ago

Would we be discussing religious topics?

lol No!

1. SweetiePie profile image84
        SweetiePieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yikes, people can go to church to do that.  Religion, why would you want to discuss it outside of your religious group anyway? Or, just keep it to that thread or those hubs.

Couldn't agree with you more. smile Not that I'm against those with beliefs, everyone's entitled to there own opinions.

1. SweetiePie profile image84
            SweetiePieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Everyone should have their beliefs, but I just think social gatherings are not the place to express these.

10. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

Maybe hubbers that live in different locations to agree to meet informally, or something of the like.  If any hubbers live in the San Bernardino/Riverside area, for example, it might be cool to get together at a local coffee house or something.

11. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

Hubpages could create a Zazzle shop to sell and profit from mugs and tshirts.  Just an idea smile.

12. Jeffrey Neal profile image69
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

Yeah, HubPages merch...good idea. smile

13. Gemsong profile image62
    Gemsongposted 14 years ago

Yeah, with banners and stuff we can put on our own websites that links back to Hubpages. smile Of course clicks from our site could be worth something.

Long live capitalism.

That idea I like. smile

14. profile image0

I found out what skint meant; I seriously didn't know! lol

To be expected, sheep don't have much call for cash. big_smile

1. profile image0

Good thing; where would we put it? big_smile

Is that a rhetorical question?

1. profile image0

Well, unless you could help me work around several tens of millions of years of evolution, um, yeah. lol

You could put it under your hat. smile

1. profile image0

You know, if my head weren't attached to my neck..... lol

lol Yeah I can see how that would be a bit of a problem!

1. profile image0

Thank you, I expected a different answer than that; you took the moral high ground. big_smile

15. Jeffrey Neal profile image69
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

Reminds me of a little while back when Darkside had his avatar as George Clooney with a HubPages t-shirt, and I was thinking that would be a cool shirt to have.  HubPages mug would fit my coffee well, also, I imagine.

Yeah I think the hub t-shirts would be pretty cool, Id'e wear one. Tea in my mug though, I can't stand coffee.

1. Gemsong profile image62
        Gemsongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm definetely in the mug side. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate.

Hot chocolate, for sure. With cream and marsh mellows. mmmmmmmmmmm smile

16. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Badges sounds like a great idea with our profile pics on them too to identify us as hubpage lunatics!

Your right I did'nt think of that you know. O.K. people badges are back on the agenda! smile

17. salt profile image60
    saltposted 14 years ago

sounds like amway!!!lol

18. profile image0

Hubway! There's an idea!

19. The Rope profile image60
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

WHAT?!  And leave my computer?!  I'd fade away...  big_smilesmile  big_smile:

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, we all take our laptops with us and chat online while sitting 2 feet away from each other. Yes that would be satisfactory all round I think smile

20. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

Sure - twitter has twestivals all over the globe - haven't been to one, but its done - we could do it!  I'm not sure I want people to see what's behind the cheetah, just yet - could we wait til - maybe June?  in SF?  by then I might not be so, well, large!  get my cheetah figure back!  big_smile:  in meantime I could go for a mug and a t-shirt!

I'm sure you look just fine, mega1! And anyway it'll probably take until june to organize it! smile

21. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Yo! So maybe I'll plan a get-together in Dallas in June. Then I'll book a Priceline room and hope somebody shows up! Now that's planning in advance!!!

22. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

This was discussed before and it was planned for this July 4th in MN, but that has been canceled. It would be great.

23. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Politics and religion should be banned from any gathering, or any other controversial subject as well. It just would not work IMO

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)