How Does Your Traffic Compare to 2020?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (20 posts)
  1. eugbug profile image96
    eugbugposted 19 months ago

2020 was a bad year, but better than 2022.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/16201910_f1024.jpg

1. alexadry profile image95
      alexadryposted 19 months agoin reply to this

I am pretty sure things were far better back then. I am curious to check, but don't know where to access these kind of statistics so to obtain such neat-looking graphs.

eugbugposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Have you setup Google Analytics Adrienne? There's a help guide somewhere in the learning centre. We can navigate you through producing the fancy graphs then when it's setup.

Edit: Here it is. Setup is very straightforward.

https://hubpageshelp.com/money/Learning … -analytics

1. alexadry profile image95
          alexadryposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Thanks, I do have Google analytics, just didn't know it could yield these graphs. Here is my 2020-2022 comparison. Like yours it shares the same cliff towards the end of September.

https://hubstatic.com/16202377_f1024.jpg

2. Thelma Alberts profile image90
      Thelma Albertsposted 19 months agoin reply to this

I am not sure about my traffic. I think it is getting lesser than before.

3. SerenityHalo profile image94
      SerenityHaloposted 19 months agoin reply to this

https://hubstatic.com/16202550.png

1. SerenityHalo profile image94

Orange is 2020. Blue is 2022.

4. Arensshi profile image93
      Arensshiposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Traffic and earning are getting lesser for me.

2. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 19 months ago

I'm not sure about my traffic, but I have made almost the same amount of money so far this year (with a bit over two months left) as I did in the whole of 2020.

eugbugposted 19 months agoin reply to this

I'll probably make nearly the same, and 70% of last year, but what worries me is that in 2020 traffic was ramping up at this time, now it's still dropping downwards by the day and 54% less than 2020.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
        PaulGoodman67posted 19 months agoin reply to this

We've had over 16 months of deterioration. It's bad whatever past period you compare it with.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 19 months ago

Traffic goes up, traffic goes down. Lather, rinse, repeat. Nature of the beast.

4. Carb Diva profile image96
    Carb Divaposted 19 months ago

I'm so un-tech it's pathetic. I have a graph, but how do I insert it into the forum?

1. Misbah786 profile image83
      Misbah786posted 19 months agoin reply to this

Aww, Linda. You are so sweet, my friend. Please see the attached image. There’s a camera button. Click it, then upload, select the desired photo, and it will appear in the text message in a code format like: '[img]https://hubstatic.com/1....'). After adding image hit submit.

https://hubstatic.com/16202551_f1024.jpg

Hope that helps! smile

5. eugbug profile image96

If the website code can't be altered to make changes to layout, it isn't for purpose. So dump it I think would be the best policy and use a different template, or go back to the previous one. I presume the reason for using the new layout was so more ads could be stuffed in.

6. eugbug profile image96

My traffic started getting really good from January 2018 onwards after being flat for years. Was that when the network sites were created?

Edit: No it was 2016.

https://hubstatic.com/16202707_f1024.jpg

1. SerenityHalo profile image94

My best year was 2018. Things started picking up in fall of 2017.

Yes, 2018 and the early part of 2019 were a great period. Since the drop that happened in late 2019, only the first 5 months of 2021 have been any good. The rest has been pretty terrible.

What's troubling about this latest bleak period, which has gone on for over 16 months, is that whenever I think that it can't get any worse, it then does.

As Eugene points out, traffic wasn't great before 2018. However, I do seem to remember CPMs being much better in the early years of Hub Ads, so earnings were still solid, even when traffic was mediocre or bad.

Nowadays, we have what Brits call a "double whammy," both the CPMs and traffic are awful.

7. EricDockett profile image95
    EricDockettposted 19 months ago

I don't need to look at a graph to know how bad things are. My overall traffic on all of my accounts is only slightly better than back when we had subdomains. And I have many more articles now.

The only thing sort of saving me is my NFL content, and that is because it is football season. Without it, things would be even worse.

I love writing here and I appreciate the opportunities HP has afforded me over the years. I don't want to stop contributing and I want HP to thrive.

However, it is disheartening and demotivating to see nothing but a downward trend and no effort by those in charge to make changes or correct the problems many of us can see so clearly.

Too true Eric!

The only thing that's kept my traffic from being even lower is that I've written prolifically in recent times. Also, I do get some surges in individual hubs that can sometimes make a difference.

Generally, though, my morale is as low as yours.

The thing is that writers do have to have some sort of positive long-term outlook for the site to keep going. Most articles don't even begin to get into their stride for six months or a year, and the only way to make an income generally is through building a portfolio of articles gradually over many months or years.

My main hope nowadays is that all the HP editing that's ongoing will reap rewards at some point soon. At least there seems to be a concerted effort happening on that front.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)