Rules

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (88 posts)
  1. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Rules
    for Kickin' Ass

Rules
    for the Non-Military

Make sure you read #13

Dear Civilians, 'We know that the current state of
    affairs in our great nation has many civilians up in arms and excited to join
    the military.

For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a
    hand. Here are a few of the areas where we would like your
    assistance:

1. The next time you
    see any adults talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National
    Anthem - kick their ass.

2.. When you witness, firsthand, someone burning the
    American Flag in protest - kick their ass.

3. Regardless of the rank they
    held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If
    you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these
    veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second.  Enlighten
    them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to make this Nation great. Then
    hold them down while a disabled veteran kicks their ass.

4. If you were never in the military, DO NOT
    pretend that you were.  Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDUs) or Jungle
    Fatigues, telling others that you used to be 'Special Forces'.

Collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay when you were
    seven years old, now, it will only make you look stupid and get your ass
    kicked.

5. Next time you come
    across an *Air Force* member, do not ask them, 'Do you fly a jet?' Not everyone
    in the Air Force is a pilot.  Such ignorance deserves an ass-kicking
    (children are exempt).

6. If you witness someone calling the *US Coast Guard*
    'non-military', inform them of their mistake - and kick their
    ass.

7. Next time Old Glory
    (the US flag) prances by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage
    to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member
    or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her - of course, failure to do either of
    those could earn you a severe ass-kicking.

9. 'Your mama wears combat boots' never made sense
    to me - stop saying it!  If she did, she would most likely be a vet and
    therefore would kick your ass!

10. 'Flyboy' (*Air Force*), 'Jarhead' (*Marines*),
    'Grunt' (*Army*), 'Squid' (*Navy*), 'Puddle Jumpers' (*Coast Guard*), etc., are
    terms of endearment we use describing each other.  Unless you are a service
    member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. Using them could get
    your ass kicked..

11. Last, but not least, whether or not you become a
    member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every
    Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends,
    please remember that there are literally thousands of soldiers, sailors, marines
    and airmen far from home wishing they could be with their families. Thank God
    for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our
    Country would get it's ass kicked.

12. 'It's the Veteran, not the reporter, who has
    given us the freedom of the press.'

'It's the Veteran, not the poet, who has given us the
    freedom of speech.'

'It's the Veteran, not the community organizer, who
    gives us the freedom to demonstrate.'

'It's the Military who salutes the flag, who serves
    beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the
    protester to burn the flag.'

AND ONE MORE:

13. If you ever see anyone singing the national anthem
    in Spanish - KICK THEIR ASS.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

actually, combat boots can be chic with the right outfit wink

God Bless America smile

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_15_55.gif

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image75
        Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

or lack there of....just a thought.... tongue

2. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

After reading this, I understand a lot more about USA.

Very Interesting ! hmm

3. profile image0
      B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

very well said, Thank You.

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I take it these are your rules for patriotism. Just a guess. wink

3. wyanjen profile image70
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

Thank you for #6 big_smile

4. profile image61
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

I thought the rule was there are no rules!

5. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Too many rules for a blonde to comprehend. smile

When in doubt, kiss a vet...

Did I mention I am a VET....   big_smile

1. blondepoet profile image67
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pucker up baby!!!

<------muaaah

6. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

Great set of rules.  So far, I have never had reason to kick butt over any of these, but you never know. 

Found #12 an especially good reminder.

7. TheGlassSpider profile image63
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

When America gets back around to being the idealistic country of freedom, justice, and respect that it used to be rather than the narrow-minded, greedy, imperialistic, complacent fat slobs we've become...then I'll support your first couple of rules (and any others having to do with saluting the flag or otherwise respecting the anthem). But since we've sold out to the bankers in the world and are trying to force our way of life on everyone everywhere (while we consume more than our share of the world's resources), I don't see that happening anytime soon.

And don't tell me to love it or leave it, it's just as much my country as it is yours (which in reality isn't really much at all since we stole and murdered for it)--if I didn't love this country it wouldn't break my heart so much to see what assholes we've become.

However, in regards to the Vets, you're absolutely on target. And since all those Vets made their sacrifices, I'm allowed to say that without having my ass kicked.

This is a global forum, and such postings have no place here--they are meaningless. The fact that you don't understand that just makes my point that most Americans are so narrow-minded they think their patch of country is the whole universe.

1. Sab Oh profile image56
      Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think the posting has a place here and is quite meaningful. You don't want to hear 'Love it or Leave it' but you sure don't sound like you love it.

8. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

# 12 first and foremost  The golden rule

The rest chould be considered the ten commandments for calling yourself an American.

9. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

I agree with most of these but number 12 (and 13, but it doesn't bother me enough to argue over).  In 12, your enthusiasm to give credit to veterans has you dismiss the origins of the ideals for which they fight, or at the very least the means by which those ideals are spread and made to unify people. 

I think number 12 puts two groups that are harmoniously and necessarily interwoven at odds needlessly.

10. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

Overall, really nice tribute Texan. 

I was totally with you until #13, which made me squirm.  I’ve never witnessed anyone trying to sing any national anthem in another language.  To specify that it would be a punishable offense smacked of racism to me.  In my military experience, our policy is zero tolerance. 

I’m not trying to pick a fight with you.  I’m still willing to play together at recess if you are.  Of course it is your prerogative to kick my ass instead.

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

None of these are my words just something emailed to me from another hubber. I hesitated to put number 13 up but it was in the email.

As far as Glass Spider's comments go, I don't care what you think and I never will! Yes this is a Global forum and America is part of it so too bad!

Tantrum, once again, your opinion means nothing!

1. tantrum profile image60

lol
        It means nothing, of course!
        I know that !But as I'm stupid, I have to post anyway ! tongue

lol lol

1. profile image0

Your parents should be proud.

lol

Just as yours ! big_smile

11. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Spoken like a true Texan redneck!!!!  You got it dude. Pretty darn straight.

He's a redneck ?
      Now I understand more !

1. profile image0

As Redneck as they come, and pretty happy about it to, and no, you don't understand!

A little sun screen should take care of that

12. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

roll

13. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

And What is wrong with being Redneck?   Absolutely nothing.

1. profile image0

Its a Redneck thing, they wouldn't understand!

1. Michael Willis profile image67
        Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I take it as a compliment.

1. profile image0

Donotfear meant is as a compliment I'm sure.

2. tantrum profile image60

Nobody said it's wrong.
      What I said is I understand better this post.

14. lovelypaper profile image59
    lovelypaperposted 14 years ago

Good to know. The U.S. Military deserve our respect.

1. profile image0

yes, yes they do smile

p.s. rednecks are groovy...

15. wavegirl22 profile image49
    wavegirl22posted 14 years ago

A Texan - as always
    You Rock!

16. profile image0
    Madame Xposted 14 years ago

Great post Tex smile

And GlassSpider - speak for yourself

1. TheGlassSpider profile image63
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There's no one else I intended to speak for. I certainly don't need anyone else to agree with me.

1. profile image0
        Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Then don't use the term "we" when "speaking for yourself" smile

Whether you like it or not "we" are apparently both Americans, since presumably like me you are living in America, or were born here. In that sense I am fully welcome, as I did, to use "we".

Take a look at the way America treats other countries and even some of its own people (even veterans as some other hubber has pointed out), and perhaps you can get an inkling of my position. And if you don't, I really don't care...as is my right, which I did say was all due to the sacrifices of veterans.

Until WE Americans live up to the ideals of the flag and the anthem, which WE are not doing, it is meaningless to salute them.

So...you think self-loathing is going to go a long way toward something positive?

Europe's thataway --- bet you'd find lots of people who find your way of thinking quite 'enlightened' and 'sophisticated' over there and you'd probably be much more satisfied

1. profile image0
              china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Criticism is not 'self-loathing' - it is a part of discussion.

And Europe does have similar problems, but because our part in the atrocities, that we are calling wars, are not so pronounced our problem is less visible.

"Criticism is not 'self-loathing' "

Not necessarily, but what I read above certainly is.

2. TheGlassSpider profile image63

No, I simply think saying idiotic things like people's asses ought to be kicked for not saluting a piece of cloth is silly when people in this country are dying for lack of proper health care, when our seniors have to make the choice between medication and food, when bright young students have to go into debt to receive a higher education, when intolerance is still tolerated, when being rich is more important than being true, when the food we throw away could feed an entire country, and when politics are more important than policy.

Our forefathers wrote extensively against many of our current policies. Americans have created much of the terror they claim to fight, right here within our own borders. I'd like to be a part of changing that; America is a country of possibility, but for now her heart is broken.

The fact that you see the flag as just "a piece of cloth" says a lot. I for one am grateful everyday that men and women who know what it really is are standing out there on behalf of me and my family. I guess that's just 'silly' to you.

The fact that you addressed the "piece of cloth" part of that post and not the human issues within it says a lot about you as well.

I'll take what that says about me over what you have shown about yourself on this thread, anyday.

2. profile image0

[/b]

really?

if you were trapped in a hostile foreign nation and somehow managed to sneak out and make your way through those hostile streets, looking for an American embassy, i bet you would feel differently about seeing the Stars and Stripes. i bet you would fall to your knees in gratitude.

just because some Americans aren't "living up to" the ideals it champions doesn't mean we shouldn't respect it, IMO.

http://i47.tinypic.com/mvgle8.jpg

You're welcome to your opinion and I respect it and your right to proclaim it proudly. But don't presume to know what I've been through or how I would react to it. You don't know those things about me, and I don't know those things about you.

I'm not the one making negative and violent statements about how a symbol ought to be respected and cared for more than a country's citizens. If you really think beating someone up over the American flag or anthem is productive or an American ideal then you've already proven my point.

1. profile image0

smile

of course i don't advocate beating someone up over it. c'mon, you know better than that. ATexan's thread was merely a call for respect for the flag and a show of patriotism. i have a young son with long hair - you seriously think i would endorse someone beating him up for wearing his hair long? he wouldn't wear cammies, but if he did, he certainly wouldn't deserve an ass-kicking for it, and the original post isn't saying that literally. i don't presume to know anything about you. i'm just sharing my opinion. i have always respected the flag and wave it proudly, more now than ever. it symbolizes freedom, and is why so many risk everything to come here.

I understand where you're coming from, but I'm not entirely convinced that the OP's intentions are quite so harmless. Perhaps it's my own projection, but I get the feeling that he, like many others I personally know who say such things, are pretty serious. I've seen people beaten over things like this. I've seen people killed over sayings like this. Legal immigrants trying to escape persecution from their own countries beaten by Americans because they could not speak enough English...it's not what this country is about. I'm sorry, I just can't get behind the violence in the post whether it's intended to be humorous or not.

I don't think it's funny, and I don't think it's actually a respectful tribute to our country's finest.

1. profile image0

oh. well i don't try to guess people's motivations anymore. i am not in their head. i can understand your feelings though. i don't like violence either. but i can see the point. you know, sort of an homage to "Don't Tread On Me". anyway i have to go, so if i don't answer it's because i'm not here. have a great day.

3. profile image0

Yeah, we're both Americans, but not all Americans think alike smile

I don't agree with you about America and how "we" treat other countries - or our anthem and flag, for that matter. Our government is a very far cry from being American, and it is my belief that a whole lot of Americans are appalled at how out govt acts. So no, do not include me in your "we". The only similarity, it seems, is that we were both born here.

"Our government is a very far cry from being American, and it is my belief that a whole lot of Americans are appalled at how out govt acts."

The above is exactly what I've been talking about...Since what you said is the case, going through the motions in front of the American flag seems pretty empty to me. I'd rather not encourage violent message about saluting  a song or flag when there are other more pressing issues in our country.

17. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 14 years ago

I don't know, am I the only one here who sees most of the items on this list (#3 excluded) as merely symbolic gestures that that make us all feel good but in the end really have very little to do with enriching the lives of our veterans?  True respect of our veterans involves so much more, such as providing enough funding and treatment for PTSD and other ailments acquired while in the service of this country.  Symbols are fine, and have their place, but honestly, is it a greater offense for a teenager to wear combat boots, or for a citizen to sit complacently while our government finds ways to deny treatment to veterans returning from war?

This kind of list sort of pisses me off, actually, and I can't quite put into words why.

1. profile image0

Symbolic gestures are one way a society maintains it's cohesion. They are now, and have been an extremely important part of every civilization and culture. The list here are examples of how we show our vets support and are heartfelt when people make use of them.

They are needed.

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Like I said, symbolism has its place, but "kicking ass" over something so stupid as a teenager wearing camouflage pants trivializes the very real need for supporting our veterans. 

I have no problem with symbolism, but the list and the way it is presented elevates symbolism to a higher level than actual actions that benefit veterans.

2. cheaptrick profile image74
      cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

PTSD!
      When I registered with the local VA hospital they asked me if I had PTSD.
      I told them YES I WAS MARRIED TWICE!smile

3. myClone profile image59
      myCloneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You probably can't put into words why this post pisses you off because that's precisely why--talk is cheap.  You probably feel as though actions speak louder than a list of "rules" to follow.  Understandable concern.

However, Madame X is exactly right.  This is just one of many forms of (free speech) expression that some people use to convey their sincere support and empathy to our Veterans and service men and women.   Not to say that yes, there are perhaps more productive means of honoring our Vets and safeguarding their wellbeing.  However, since our government seems to be reactionary at best, sometimes the best way to build support on a large scale is to start with a rally cry from the people. 

Symbols are very powerful means of conveying a multitude of things.  To express these symbols openly and freely is not complacency.  Being complacent is when you deny there is a problem or a lack of action by ignoring what is occurring.  Most people probably feel that they have no influence over the lack of government treatment for Vets.  And so, they form patriotic "rules" and forward them to others in hopes that they will in turn, spread their support to those they know.  I think its a benign yet effective way of saying: "I recognize our Vets, I respect them, I understand that they aren't treated at times the way they should be treated all the time, and here is my way of showing them that I care".

Besides, does anyone really trust the government to do the right thing, even if they had the means to do it?   I know I don't.  But of course, you WOULD know PrettyPanther! ;-)

1. profile image0

"benign yet effective"

Effective how?  Give me an example how this list concretely helps any veteran.  Give me an example of how kicking someone's ass is going to help a veteran.  The OP even highlights #13 as though it's especially important and it's the most trivial of all of them.

It's not that any Veteran wants anyone to 'kick' anyone's ass PP it is the gesture of standing up for someone that has stood up for them...

No one is talking seriously about hurting that teenager that is cussing out vets, that is what makes the humored way of saying "I'll fight for you too" such a nice gesture.

Quit taking it all so serious...Vets like me know what tex meant.

And I know where your anger comes from too, and I thank you for that as well.

#13 to me is about the Mexican invasion of our country...but that may just be my interpretation...

1. profile image0

Yes, I am taking it seriously, and I will tell you why.  It is an example of the blind fake nationalism/patriotism that gets so easily whipped up by leaders who have no other motivation than to profit from war.  And so many people in this country not only play into it, they lap it up and revel in it.  It's sickening to me.  It results in unnecessary deaths and our soldiers being used as pawns in stupid wars.

Also, the list is not "benign" as another poster said.  It is encouraging people to denigrate others for their beliefs and/or actions, all of which are allowed by the laws in this country. 

We can agree to disagree if you want, but I think lists like the one above, while not taken seriously by some people, are taken VERY seriously by enough that it is damaging to real discussions about real problems in this country.

This is my last post on the subject.  I am too pissed off about it.

Some people think any and all patriotism is "fake" and/or "dangerous," maybe because someone convinced them that it's just not 'sophisticated' or maybe because they have none and can't imagine it really exists in others (like faith?).

2. myClone profile image59
          myCloneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

First of all, I think this post was supposed to be a humorous but sincere homage to the men and women who serve/served our country; rather than some overly sensitive political statement about helping anyone, or for that matter, being careful about hurting anyone's feelings in the process.  I also think that "kicking ass" was not intended so much to be a support of physical violence, but simply a request to not dish B.S. about Vets because they have been through a lot, and they don't deserve to be treated disrespectfully, or for that matter, told what is and what is not a valid form of "help".

If I were to print this list and go down to the Veterans Affairs office and show some Vets and ask them personally if it helped them, then I could provide you with concrete proof and you could extrapolate if this validates or disproves your point.  However, its late and I can't so I cannot give you "concrete" proof.  However, from interviews with vets while in college and speaking with Vets when I worked in the same office that the Veterans Affairs folks were in, these kind of emails were constantly being forwarded to me by the Vet affairs interns (young men and women who had one, two, and even 3 tours in Iraq under their belts).  They genuinely seemed to enjoy these types of lists and jokes.  It helped them feel better about themselves and validated that yes, people back home DO care.  You would be surprised what a little fellowship and "atta-boys" can do some one.  So from this standpoint, I can say that patriotism/national pride/support of any kind is better than nothing at all--which is what many of our Vets get once they return home.

And I thought  #13 was funny.

1. profile image0

I think this was finally understood.

3. profile image0

It's emotional support - the kind you feel when you know someone is behind you. Actually, that kind of support is really the most important of all because once you have that you can do almost anything smile

18. goldenpath profile image67
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

After reading that I feel the time is right!

Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light...... smile

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
      Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming smile

2. profile image0

i think you're right! smile

"whose broad stripes and bright stars..."

19. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Hey Texan. Keep on kicking ass!

20. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

As the spouse of a disabled American Veteran I say Thank-you Taxan For sharing this Great E-mail and Thank-you to all of the Great Men and Women who serve to protect our Life, Liberty and The pursuit Of Happiness.

21. cheaptrick profile image74
    cheaptrickposted 14 years ago

Hello Texan,we have not interacted but I read your posts because there witty and funny.
    Your not being funny here,Is something bothering you?
    Care to share?

22. Big Guy profile image60
    Big Guyposted 14 years ago

I love it.  I copied this to a bunch of my buddies.  Some military, some not.  And couple from/in Texas!

23. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

You should remove the exemption on number 5, they have to learn somehow. :p

1. Dao Hoa profile image61
      Dao Hoaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"5. Next time you come
      across an *Air Force* member, do not ask them, 'Do you fly a jet?' Not everyone
      in the Air Force is a pilot...(children are exempt)."

You are right. The children should learn this and the whole host of other things to be better citizens and adults.

24. profile image0
    china manposted 14 years ago

A comment from a 'vet' from another country.
    In the UK, Europe generally as far as I know, we have similar feelings sometimes. But generally vets are treated with respect and they get a moderate advantage from councils, mortgage lenders - and when they get into trouble they rarely get put in the can!

The list is actually defensive, in response to people who do the things on it.
    The reason there is confusion about what every country owes every 'vet' is the nature of the wars we are asked to fight. The world wars could be clearly thought as good v evil. But Vietnam was about a principle, capitalism v communism, and trashing Iraq is about a slimy mix of oil and religion. So when you stand up proudly in your ex-uniform most people respect you, of that I am certain, but there is also an underlying uncertaintly about the wars WE fought in. Some people actively object to them, including me now. You are responding to the same feelings of betrayal that your comrades felt when they got back from Vietnam to discover that the world was pretty much against that war, a win might have papered that over for a while. I am sure that when you stand up everyone is proud of you as an individual.

25. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I like #12, Tex. BTW, I'm probably a redneck, too - a non-racist one.

Let's see. I love:

God
    family
    Old Glory
    football
    fishing
    freedoms
    BBQ
    fried chicken
    fried green tomatoes
    Bluegrass
    Southern writers

Do I qualify??

1. Michael Willis profile image67
      Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You walk around barefoot outside? Then YeeHaw!

1. alexandriaruthk profile image69
        alexandriaruthkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

funny hehehe, in the Philippines when you walk barefoot outside the house they will call you mountain people or uncivilized LOL

26. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

number 13  - LOL<

Veterans fought hard for this country, you should BOW to them,,,

27. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

It' cool I got it Tex and I'm Canadian lol

btw is the weather awesome there right now?

1. profile image0

It was 60 and sunny at 2pm yesterday and 37 and windy at 4pm!

Its back to being 60 and sunny.

28. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

i'm a sucker for the National Anthem. i get all misty-eyed when they play it at sporting events and whatnot. i don't know, it just feels good to stand there with a bunch of other people for a moment and honor it.

see the thing is, GlassSpider, America is a great country because anyone - anyone, can claw their way out of poverty and make a good life for themselves. that is the American dream. it's all out there just waiting for anyone who wants it. it takes a lot of hard work. but it is possible. smile

29. Tom Cornett profile image80
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

Hi Tex...I am going to send your list to my brother who is in the VA hospital from having heart problems.  He fought in Vietnam twice and in Desert Storm.  He is a retired Sgt. Major. 

I know he will enjoy reading your list. Thanks!   smile

30. aware profile image69
    awareposted 14 years ago

nice

31. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

it's only "going through the motions" and "empty" when there's no feeling or emotion. i know i feel emotional when standing for our national anthem, and i'm sure plenty of other people do too.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)