jump to last post 1-26 of 26 discussions (33 posts)

Over 20,000!

1. stephhicks68 profile image92
    stephhicks68posted 9 years ago

(but that it were dollars...) total views on my hubs! smile  Two days away from my 3-month anniversary here.  Time flies!

Back to "real work" now.... just wanted to share!

2. amy jane profile image81
    amy janeposted 9 years ago

Congrats Steph, that is really awesome! You sure have worked hard these past few months. smile

3. gamergirl profile image59
    gamergirlposted 9 years ago

WOOHOO!!

I just realized today that I am reaaally close to the 21,000 mark myself.  big_smile You're doing twice as good as I am!

4. Misha profile image78
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

Congrats Steph! big_smile

5. Shirley Anderson profile image76
    Shirley Andersonposted 9 years ago

Many congrats, Steph!

I've got a looooong way to go.

6. robie2 profile image97
    robie2posted 9 years ago

Wow!  Impressive <applause> Congrats smile

7. In The Doghouse profile image83
    In The Doghouseposted 9 years ago

Great job!  Your Hubs are great and you have worked hard.  Congratulations on a wonderful milestone, with many more views to come.

8. Stacie Naczelnik profile image73
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 9 years ago

Fabulous news Steph!  Congrats.

9. stephhicks68 profile image92

Awww.... thanks everyone!  big_smile

I sure love it here!

10. gamergirl profile image59

We love that you're here. big_smile big_smile big_smile

11. Soya profile image52
    Soyaposted 9 years ago

congrats steph smile
    thats a great total in just 3 months..

12. Angela Harris profile image69
    Angela Harrisposted 9 years ago

Congrats, Steph. Keep cranking them out.
    And in reference to another thread, I'm so sorry that everyone is having such a hard time at work lately. I hope things get better.

13. stephhicks68 profile image92

thank you, Angela (and everyone else).  Its the square peg, round hole thing more than anything else.  I'm ready to move on to a different career, having exhausted this one for 14 years now.... (it just doesn't excite me - and there's also other "stuff" that frustrates me, but that would take another thread or hub...)

14. Paper Money profile image56
    Paper Moneyposted 9 years ago

Great job Steph. Any advice on how you've specifcally gotten such high traffic to your hubs?

15. stephhicks68 profile image92

Hi Paper Money - I have one or two hubs that brought in a lot of traffic.  One might continue to do so, and the other might flame out.  One is Caucus vs. Primary - hot because of the Election year.  The other is Gary Larson's The Far Side Cartoons.  Both have over 2000 hits total (roughly, maybe more), and each day they get a healthy amount of traffic.  But really, I'm not the one to ask about bringing high traffic in....  Misha and others have the SEO knowledge.  I'm learning as I go.  Adjusting some hubs and seeing traffic go up.  I have a few that have around 700 hits (TLC's What Not to Wear, American Girl Store in Chicago, etc).  Mostly for me, I have a base of over 100 hubs now, which helps overall traffic too.  Good luck!  smile

16. rmr profile image84
    rmrposted 9 years ago

Congratulations! And to think I was starting to feel good about 1200 views. Looks like you're learning a lot faster than me!

17. gamergirl profile image59

Hey, I don't know if you've seen it rmr, but I posted a glee message about my first 1000 view milestone.  Now I've got over 21,000 and boy howdy does it feel good.  I'm nowhere near a drop in the bucket compared to people like relache or Sunseven, but for being someone who posts hubs in their spare time, it's sure a good feeling. wink

1. rmr profile image84
      rmrposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think I saw that message. I spend quite a bit of time in the forums, but I read a lot more than I post (I'm kinda shy like that). I'm also a spare time hubber, and I probably should read a little less, and write a lot more.

2. stephhicks68 profile image92
      stephhicks68posted 9 years agoin reply to this

smile  Right, there are others that really rake it in!  I love your thread on the 1000 milestone, GG.

18. stevemark122000 profile image69
    stevemark122000posted 9 years ago

Congratulations... Great work!

19. gamergirl profile image59

rmr - there is nothing wrong with reading more than writing.  It means that when you DO write you've expanded your knowledge and broadened your horizons every time.  wink

steph - I remember being so thrilled when I hit 1000, when I hit 2000, then 5,000.  It's all happening pretty fast for the genres I'm writing in, so I'm perfectly happy.  You, lady, have done AMAZING.

1. rmr profile image84
      rmrposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Broadening my horizons seems to have become much easier since I found Hubpages. So many great resources and interesting people in one place. It's an incredible experience for a newbie.

20. ripplemaker profile image85
    ripplemakerposted 9 years ago

HI steph!  Congratulations.  You have done a wondrous job...to more hubs and more traffic.  smile

Hi Ripplemaker!  Thank you for the kind words and thoughts!  Best, Steph smile

21. honey profile image78
    honeyposted 9 years ago

congrats steph smile

22. stevemark122000 profile image69
    stevemark122000posted 9 years ago

Congratulations!

23. Kay Kerns profile image53
    Kay Kernsposted 9 years ago

Wow that is really great, I am a newbie here, you are truly a Hubbers inspiration!

Keep up the good work!

24. lady luck profile image69
    lady luckposted 9 years ago

thats flippin awesome SHARE YOUR SECRETS!

Other hubbers here have much better traffic than me (really, if I was an expert, I would tell you).  Check out the recent forum posts started by Crazyhorseghost for great info!

Also Mary K Weinhagen published a recent hub with links to many other hubs on traffic, SEO, etc.

25. shailini profile image57
    shailiniposted 9 years ago

congrats steph, I wish your earnings touch the 4-figure mark soon...all the best

I wish too.... first, the 3-figure mark!  big_smile

26. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image87
    LdsNana-AskMormonposted 9 years ago

That is awesome! 
    tDMg
    LdsNana-AskMormon

working