Hubbers unite to increase hubscores and reputations!

Jump to Last Post 101-126 of 126 discussions (231 posts)
  1. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Yep, it's a good stuff. BTW Jack is a member of Hugpages, but he is not too active here.

2. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

I also recommend Authority Black Book, and am a member of Jack's "Authority Site Center".
    He's one of the few "Good guys" with a lot of proven success.

3. dutch84 profile image60
    dutch84posted 15 years ago

Join my fanclub.

I'm also on facebook,and it is possible to post your hubs on facebook. I figured out how and I actually get some traffic from there now.

1. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

What should I do if I already there? wink

1. waiting4u profile image42
        waiting4uposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Create another account and join again....kakakaaka

2. robie2 profile image77
      robie2posted 15 years agoin reply to this

so how do I do that? I'd love to post linx to my hubs on facebook?   Here's my facebook profile.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1423290132

1. stephhicks68 profile image87
        stephhicks68posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Robie, I put an RSS feed on my Facebook profile:  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1042017944 to add my latest hubs.  You can also go over to the left hand side of the page to applications and add specific hubs as posted items (I did that a few times, but the RSS feed is easier...)  smile

1. robie2 profile image77

Thanks Steph--RSS feed it is then:-)

1. Inspirepub profile image73
            Inspirepubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Select carefully - there are several RSS applications, and some of them don't automatically share each post to your news feed. Make sure you get one that does!

4. funnebone profile image72
    funneboneposted 15 years ago

Please look me up on Desperate.com  screen name " SugarMommaWanted"

5. stephhicks68 profile image87
    stephhicks68posted 15 years ago

Just in case all of this is overwhelming, you're not alone:

http://tech.msn.com/products/articlepcw … id=7496427

1. robie2 profile image77

Thanks steph--that's an interesting article--so now I've got worms to worry about in addition to not understanding sooooo much about social networking sites. Each one is like a new jigsaw puzzle with its own navigational tricks, bells, and whistles.

I've been trying to befriend a couple of the others who asked for it earlier in this thread and can't seem to find them by searching digg--so anyone who wants to can befriend me there and I'll reciprocate.

Find me on Digg at : http://digg.com/users/pinkpackrat

6. dindin profile image59
    dindinposted 15 years ago

Hello,

I just added a lot of friends from this thread on digg and stumbleupon.
    Hope it is ok.

7. Lilymag profile image60
    Lilymagposted 15 years ago

I would love to be involved in this!  I will befriend all of you as well.

http://harley05.stumbleupon.com/
    http://del.icio.us/MissLilyBug
    http://digg.com/users/MissLilyBug
    http://www.propeller.com/member/misslilybug/

I have squidoo to add also:  http://www.squidoo.com/lensmasters/K_M_George

Sorry about that guys, hope this helps!
    By the way, I have friended everyone on the sites I am a member of, if you all don't mind.

Thanks everyone!

I look forward to helping all of you!

big_smile

P.S. I also became your fan here on hubpages as well!

1. Dorsi profile image88
      Dorsiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

LilyMag- it's best if you can provide links- it will make adding you easier. If you use tabbed browsing get your links and then post them here in another message- I still haven't gotten around to adding everybody here but it's alot easier with your links smile

1. Lilymag profile image60
        Lilymagposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sorry about that, I went through and added everyone to my networks, and realized I didn't put my links.  Just corrected it, Thanks!

8. WeddingConsultant profile image67
    WeddingConsultantposted 15 years ago

Okay, it's official...
    I am now on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1268682515

I am the last of my friends here in Virginia to join, so I think I get some sort of award or something...

9. Estess profile image60
    Estessposted 15 years ago

Hey everyone; although I'm not really new to Hubpages, I have only started posting about a week ago; here's my Digg profile, please add me!

Digg.Com

10. DaileyEscapes profile image61
    DaileyEscapesposted 15 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I am very green to this also.  I have been working on several sites and would like if you would also become a fan/friend.  My sites are listed below and I will also be looking at each of yours to become a friend.

Thanks,

Juanita

Scribd
    Squidoo
    Stumbleupon
    Facebook
    Digg
    HubPages

1. WeddingConsultant profile image67
      WeddingConsultantposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Juanita, I'd love to friend you on facebook, but for some reason it doesn't like your link you posted.

Can you scroll up and friend me instead?

11. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years ago

I do not think it is a good one.

1. thranax profile image73
      thranaxposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I second that smile

12. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years ago

Yahoo 360 is a very good option. One can feed hubpages rss there. It is a fantastic way to be linked with yahoo search engine automatically.

13. William F. Torpey profile image71
    William F. Torpeyposted 15 years ago

I've signed up for several sites, and I try to "friend" or "fan" the folks at HubPages whenever I can. But all these sites are foreign to me and often confusing. Even the sites I've joined, like stumbleupon, give me lots of trouble trying to navigate. But I always use my real name. Can someone explain to me why anyone would want to use different names on all these sites?

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm guessing here, but I think it's to avoid being accused of self-promotion.   At sites like Digg and Stumbleupon, there are rules which say you're not allowed to promote your own articles or websites.  I signed up at Stumble as Marisa Wright, but it would have been more sensible of me to sign up as Joe Blow so I couldn't be accused of "self-promoting" when I stumble my own Hubs.

I joined a lot of these sites but I rarely visit them.  It's all too much like hard work for very little return as far as I can see.  I'm not interested in throwing zombies or sending silly videos.  I make sure I have links to my Hubs or webpages in my profile because links are never a bad thing.

2. Lissie profile image75
      Lissieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes because they are concerned to about off or online stalkers. 
      I used to feel the same but I have recently branched out into a number of other names.  The main reason is hiding  my Adsense sites from the malicious.  If I annoyed someone here for example or on another forum: they could take revenge by getting my Adsense account banned by malicious clicks .  I would love to think that no one would: and I do keep a very close eye on my Adsense statistics and proactively contact google if  Ithink I see fraud.  The reality is though that a lot of innocent people have lost their Adsense accounts though either ignorance or  deliberate actions of third parties: google doesn't have to give you a reason why they ban your account, and  you can't get it back.

1. guidebaba profile image57
        guidebabaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This is good explanation. Thanks.

14. Die'Dre' profile image61
    Die'Dre'posted 15 years ago

I have just recently joined HubPages, and I've been reading about different sites.
    I would want to establish "my name", but it could be that some people don't understand the rules--that it's OK to write for different sites.

Die'Dre'

15. William F. Torpey profile image71
    William F. Torpeyposted 15 years ago

Thanks Marisa and Lissie for explaining why various names are used. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and continue to use my real name on all sites mostly because it's too complicated and too much trouble to use different names. I've already got my hands full with passwords and such, not to mention trying to figure out how to navigate the different sites I've sign up to use.

1. Shirley Anderson profile image71
      Shirley Andersonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Amen to that, William!

I use my real name on Stumble too, and haven't quite figured it all out, but I'm getting there.  Actually, I seldom go into my account.

16. profile image0
    cvaughn570posted 15 years ago

Someone here said it is never too late...lol...Well, I am really late! I just added those that I could find from the list on facebook.

My facebook is
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1055331146
    for those who wish to add me that I missed.

I will be back asap with a complete list, which may take some time big_smile

17. shawna.wilson profile image60
    shawna.wilsonposted 15 years ago

All this social networking stuff is really over my head!  I have a facebook account, but I'm really new at it.  I do know that you can form and join groups on Facebook...would it be beneficial for us to set up a "Hubber" group on facebook?  I don't know if that would help with traffic.  I really have no idea what it's all about, so if this is a dumb idea, sorry!

18. shawna.wilson profile image60
    shawna.wilsonposted 15 years ago

Okay, silly me.  I just checked, and there is a Hubpages group for facebook.  I should have known you guys would think of it first!  Guess it wasn't such a dumb idea after all!

19. adrienne2 profile image66
    adrienne2posted 15 years ago

I know I am posting late on the using different names theory, but just thought I would throw my 2cents in the bucket after reading Shirley's comment.  I agree with sticking to using my real name, as Shirley said enough with keeping up with all the password.  I am super glad when I first started writing online I used my notebook to keep a list.  I knew I wouldn't be able to all those different sites and password in my head.  Neither did I know in the beginning the list spin into several pages of different networking sites.

20. WeddingConsultant profile image67
    WeddingConsultantposted 15 years ago

Cancel the idea behind using propeller to promote your hubs. Hubpages has been banned there.

Here's the reason:

This domain has been banned for the following reason: "This domain has been banned for spam content."

21. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

Bumping up this fantastic thread - I've added as many as I can (-:

I'm englishchick on digg

1. WeddingConsultant profile image67
      WeddingConsultantposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for friending me on facebook! Glad to find you there as well.

2. kashifmahmood profile image41
      kashifmahmoodposted 15 years agoin reply to this
  22. bgpappa profile image80
    bgpappaposted 15 years ago

There are a lot of pages here and don't have time to read them all.  Wanted to share that facebook has a hubpages group that everyone can join.

23. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

Glad to see you too - must check out the hubpages wall thingy!

24. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 15 years ago

Stumble Upon

Digg

Mixx

Reddit

Yahoo Buzz

Myspace

I get a pretty good amount of traffic out of Reddit, but the rest are pretty minimal. If you want to add me I'll vote for your submissions on them. However if you don't return the favor, I'll stand outside of your house and play loud music all night.

1. RKHenry profile image64
      RKHenryposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Interesting. 

I liked your comment at the end.  Funny 

By the way, the cheapest car reminds me of the Ford Festiva's of the 90's.  Man that's an ugly car.

25. sabrebIade profile image79
    sabrebIadeposted 15 years ago

GEEZ!
    I wish I had known about this sooner!
    I tried to go through and add people to mainly Facebook and Stumbleupon.
    A few MySpaces.
    So if you see a weird name you don't know pop up its probably me...LOL

26. Matt Maresca profile image60
    Matt Marescaposted 15 years ago

I'm gonna bring this back to chime in. I've started making some friend invites on YouTube.  I'll go through some more soon.  Here are some of my pages:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MeetMatthewJoseph

https://twitter.com/Matthew_Joseph

http://mattymar.stumbleupon.com/

http://www.meetmatthewjoseph.com/blog

I'll add some more later.  Lots of work to do getting back into this social networking thing!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)