Hubbers unite to increase hubscores and reputations!

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 126 discussions (231 posts)
  1. WeddingConsultant profile image66
    WeddingConsultantposted 16 years ago

So here's what I've been thinking.  Across the internet there is this theme of becoming a "friend" and/or a "fan" of someone.  Most people assume this is only to be used when the person is known on a personal level.  Did you know that on some sites, the strength of your network there directly impacts the effect of your votes/opinions/submitted stories?

In light of this reality, I thought it would be good to encourage fellow hubbers to friend one another on these sites in order to not only increase our influence on these sites but also to increase our influence here at hubpages!

Here are the sites I'm active on:
    Video submission sites
    Youtube
    metacafe
    revver
    veoh
    viddler
    crackle
    stupid videos
    yahoo video
    blip.tv
    dailymotion

Social networking sites
    www.facebook.com (believe it or not, I'm not on there...YET!)
    friendster
    www.myspace.com (not on this as well!)

Content sharing sites
    Stumbleupon
    digg
    propeller
    reddit

Okay, that's not an extensive list, but if you're on any of those sites, friend/fan me and I'll do the same!  When integrated into your hubpages strategy, this will drive traffic to your hubs!  Not only that, the quality of your hub is greatly increased with a fantastic video.

Likewise, hubs will experience increased traffic when submitted to digg, propeller, etc. when we all friend one another and support one another on those sites!

1. compu-smart profile image85
      compu-smartposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing and ides WeddingConsultant! I have joined all most social network sites and personally i need to be more sociable online for friendship and financiall reasons, and like Shirley, im social networking inept lol...

I have signed up to most S.N sites ages ago and have used a different profile names at most of them ( long story) and think it may be a good idea to rejoin them all with just (one) ID and at least when i add you guys you will actually know who i am!

Or do others have seperate IDs for each of them!?  whats best, pros n cons of this?
      smile

1. The How To Hub profile image67
        The How To Hubposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Just one opinion but....
        While consistancy is good for this reason (easy for friends to find you) I don't always use the same name. Some sites I brand and use GRNMarketing or GRNMarketingSuccess and sometimes I use my name for sites where I am promoting me more so than my site. I think of it like pen names on article sites - different sorts for diff sorts : )-

You will find that most sites allow a max of 12 char's for a user name so at least that part is consitant.

I'll be back later when I have a list for you all. It's almost midnight here, so I am off to bed. tada

Shaye

2. profile image0
      Alil Nairtcabposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Hello!

What a great idea! Please do friend me here and on digg. I'm Alil here and I write about religion as a female PhD student in America, sometimes going for balanced and other times for passionate rants against injustice. You know the drill ;p.

On digg my username is:maxjab

I'd love to work with this site, as much for an outlet of personalized academic viewpoints for a wider audience than my own department. If I sound like a jerk or super nice person, I just want write and be read. That might not be analogous to "live and let live" but I assure everyone that I am truly respectful of all opinions and would absolutely love to participate in debate or pleasant chats about religion. Heck, I can even answer obscure questions about Jesus and Mary Magdalene.

Thank you for reading this post. I hope that I can interact with some of you, as I can see some exciting hubs. Best wishes to all from my heart, both academic and personal parts of it.

Alil Nairtcab

WeddingConsultantposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Here's what it said when i searched for you:

No users found matching 'maxjab'
        We didn't find anybody using the terms you specified. The best way to find someone is using their email address as it's the most precise search option.

I think I mentioned this earlier- it's 100x easier if you just post a link to your profile if you want to connect with others.  Can you do that instead?

1. Dorsi profile image84
          Dorsiposted 16 years agoin reply to this

If you have tabbed browsing you can open up a bunch of tabs- and then open up your sites, copy and paste the links into a message here.
          Easiest way unless you already have a master list of them.

3. Dorsi profile image84

OK I'm working my way down the list- this takes time but it's very important to put time into networking and marketing-
      Today I joined several of your video sites Wedding, and I got to know you and your cats better!!
      Hilarious and I love seeing that your wife and you enjoy doing this together. That's awesome!

2. Dorsi profile image84
    Dorsiposted 16 years ago

Now this is exciting- this IS the power of networking, just like any other business people do it.
    And we can do the same thing here at HubPages- this could be the "site for writers" just as MySpace is the site for musicians. This CAN happen.
    Network,network,network.!!!!!

Wonderful idea Wedding Consultant !!! and here are my links:

My Social Networks:

http://r.yuwie.com/theartistchick/
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=702368533
    http://www.myspace.com/theartistchick

My Bookmarking sites so far:

http://www.blogatiser.com/user
    http://digg.com/users/theartistchick
    http://dorsidiaz.stumbleupon.com/

My Blogs:

http://dorsidiaz.blogspot.com/
    http://dorsidiaz.wordpress.com/

Online Art Gallery:

www.zazzle.com/dorsidiaz*

YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DorsiDiaz

And by the way, if anyone ever wants to find me you can google me under "theartistchick" or Dorsi or Dorsi Diaz.
    (just don't come stalk me please!!!...lol.....)
    I would be pleased and honored to be friends or fans with any of you at any of these sites- and likewise would be honored if you would be mine!

3. WeddingConsultant profile image66

friended you on stumbleupon. If you're on any of those other sites, friend me so i can friend you back. All those links I put up take you directly to my profiles to make it easy to friend me so I can reciprocate.

1. vietnamese profile image65
      vietnameseposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I was just wonder if hubpages penalize you for becoming fans with a lot of people for no reason. Is that considering spamming? smile

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
        pauldeedsposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I think we might.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 16 years ago

Okay, I'm going to go through your list. My name on Stumble is Sukee. On YouTube I'm Dadelus. I'll have to remind myself of my other names smile

5. WeddingConsultant profile image66

Thanks uninvented, I friended you back!  Networking is awesome, isn't it?  I know this will all help us in the long run if we unite on these other sites!  Keep 'em coming folks!

6. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Ahem...that is Uninvited to you wink

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

That's the best one I have heard today big_smile

7. WeddingConsultant profile image66

hahaha that's hilarious.  my font is so small on my monitors I use that I never noticed it was uninvited !  I always read it as uninvented! so sorry!

1. Dorsi profile image84

That was funny....

OK I added you as a friend on YouTube and Digg, having trouble with my Stumble log in but when I get in I'll add you there too,
      And Uninvited,,I'll add you next.....

2. darkside profile image58
      darksideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

LOL. That's so funny WeedingConsultant!

haha I hope the "weeding" was intentional, fartslide!

1. darkside profile image58

It certainly was BeddingConsistent!

8. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

ducksite rules! tongue

1. darkside profile image58

Thanks Missy!

1. Misha profile image64
        Mishaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome d'Arcsight smile

9. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image81
    LdsNana-AskMormonposted 16 years ago

I would love to know you all in other places online -- and love to support you there too!  I wish everyone here the best.  If we can help one another, I think that is awesome!

I will gather my url's for my social bookmarking sites and post them.  I would love to be "friends" with many of you on these sites:-) 

I guess I better get organized.  But if you search for LdsNana, LdsAskMormon or LdsNanaAskMormon, you can find me in a lot of place online.  Search google!  LOL

tDMg
    LdsNana-AskMormon
    Kathryn

Thanks Kathryn.  I found you on Stumbleupon, so I added you there.  Look forward to connecting on the other sites...

10. donnaleemason profile image60
    donnaleemasonposted 16 years ago

I added Dorsi to my facebook, hope she accepts my request.

I am donnaleemason everywhere I think.

I am not too good at collecting my links so I will just check back here and as people post theirs, I will attempt to add the friendship.

Great idea.

11. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

Well, Messy, Weeding Singer, untested wrangler and drakelight -

These are all better than Know less big_smile

Sounds like the 5 Dwarves. big_smile

12. funride profile image68
    funrideposted 16 years ago

lol

You guys should start a new thread with that name´s kidding tongue.

Back on topic big_smile, I already started to add you all as my friends but I´m too timid to post my links here (read unorganized) lol.

BTW, I´m also at ZenZuu, MySpace and Twitter wink

1. funride profile image68
      funrideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I´ll update as soon as I find them big_smile.

Blogger
      YouTube
      Digg
      Stumbleupon

13. amy jane profile image71
    amy janeposted 16 years ago

LOL, you guys are funny smile

I will have to gather my id's from everywhere, but if anyone would like to add me the their facebook friends list I am Amy Landisman over there... smile

Donnalee, I couldn't find you on facebook.

1. donnaleemason profile image60
      donnaleemasonposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I think that is probably the only one that I am just Donna Mason. I will go ahead and send the request Amy.

14. donnaleemason profile image60
    donnaleemasonposted 16 years ago

any one else at facebook?

15. Dorsi profile image84
    Dorsiposted 16 years ago

OK I just checked my facebook and I had 7 friends requests! So I'm friends now with Misha,Patty,Susan,Amy,Donna Mason and Donna Smith and Kathryn.
    Thanks everybody for befriending me- and I'll be doing grafitti on your facebook wall soon...lol.....
    And I'll be checking for everyone elses names that posted here,
    and BTW- the easiest way to get your links to all your sites is to use tabbed browsing so you can open up multiple windows at your accounts then just copy and paste your links into an open message here- that's what I did and it was pretty easy plus now I have all my links here in one spot- which I should have had done anyway!

16. Shirley Anderson profile image71
    Shirley Andersonposted 16 years ago

I am social networking inept....got nothin' here, nada.  The blog I have is the one on my website.  sad

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Better get your act together, Shirl girl!   I'm Marisa Wright on most sites, MarisaWright on places that don't allow spaces.  Where am I?   Yuwie, Qassia, Stumbleupon, Yahoo 360, Facebook.

1. Eileen Hughes profile image62
        Eileen Hughesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Marissa , I went into facebook and there is 32 marissa Wright people there didnt see you or not with this picture on it. 
        Thanks

2. Shirley Anderson profile image71
        Shirley Andersonposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Okay, my task for the day after I get my hub published.  Guess I can sign up and figure out how to use them later.

2. Dorsi profile image84

Shirley, it's easy to join sites. Since you are just starting the sign up process just pick a name that is easy for you to remember and an easy password, have all the account links sent to one e-mail so you can keep track of them, then make a profile and copy and paste it into each site. I use the same profile and pic for almost every site, and it makes it more consistent- good marketing too as people tend to relate eventually to the name and the pic.
      It may seem overwhelming at first but after a while it all gels together, and you can meet lots of people doing different things at different sites, I've met alot of people and made alot of friends this way.
      If you need any help feel free to email me if you get stuck with anything.
      (BTW- the most common sites are already in links on this thread so you have alot of them in one place to get started if you want)

1. Shirley Anderson profile image71
        Shirley Andersonposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Dorsi, thank-you....I have a feeling that I may need to call on you for advice.  I think I signed up to Stumble awhile back, but I have no idea what to do and I haven't taken the time to poke around and figure it out....guess I should make the time for the sake of increasing my traffic.

Thx-a-lot!

3. desert blondie profile image56
      desert blondieposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I'm totally ignorant on ALL of this...I mean really! I read about building traffic and don't know what it means...although I send emails to all my friends/family re: my hubs and others I have enjoyed...just learned to put in URL tracker last week (been writing 6 weeks)...I don't know about all these other sights...or how it helps all of us to friend each other on these sights.
      Can someone explain this to me as if I were in pre-school?  There's gotta be others, I mean even Shirley admits she's got "nada" .... and, yes, I've heard of facebook or my space is that two different one??...BUT what , please, is the  deal/benefit, etc. of the entire group of comments here that Wedding Consultant started? HELP  PLEASE

17. Eileen Hughes profile image62
    Eileen Hughesposted 16 years ago

Wow how can we remember all of this.
    I am  myself   Eileen Hughes at Helium
    Eileen hughes at Facebook
    Eileen hughes at thisisby,us
    Hughey12 at Delicious
    Hughey 11 at Diggit
    Hughey at Blogatiser
    Retrace12 at yahoo.com.au

Thanks if anyone interested

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I added you as a favourite at Helium smile  My name is Susan Keeping there.

18. compu-smart profile image85
    compu-smartposted 16 years ago

Hi Shaye..

You made some very good points and have given me few things to think about;)

Ty 4 takin time 2 reply...&  g nite, or g mornin,,which ever time you read this 1st smile

19. The How To Hub profile image67
    The How To Hubposted 16 years ago

Your very welcome : ) I am a nut or just an internet and HP junkie ... dunno....but....thought about this hub I read yesterday and had to post it for you....

http://hubpages.com/hub/Generating-Traf … or-Website

Off to snooze now.

Shaye

1. compu-smart profile image85
      compu-smartposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Thankyou Shaye,,,,I have checked  out the link!! looks very useful;)

many Thanks.
      nite smile

20. amy jane profile image71
    amy janeposted 16 years ago

Hey Eileen - I found Marissa, but I can't find you! smile  There are 30 Eileen's too!

1. Eileen Hughes profile image62

I have added you to mine so just accept then please.

21. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 16 years ago
  22. SunSeven profile image59
    SunSevenposted 16 years ago

I wonder, really, if your stats page can support this!
    No doubt it will do you good in the long run.
    (Its the search traffic that rules, just my own opinion) smile

Best Regards

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

That is my opinion also. big_smile

1. bigdaddy profile image41
        bigdaddyposted 16 years agoin reply to this

The search engine traffic is the best and you can use these "social" sites to create powerful back links that will boost your rankings in Google especially. Adding each other as friends and fans is good but to make this count the most, we should be "digging" each others submissions and bookmarking each others Hub's on sites like Stumbleupon, Reddit, and Delicious. There is a service called only wire that bookmarks to 19 different social sites with one submission.

This can create a lot of high page rank back links which will boost your Google rankings more than you know. I usually build a twin Squidoo lens for most of my hubs and link them to each other. It has a definite effect on your search engine rankings. Not only does it boost your Hub's rank, but you will get separate listings in the rankings from sites like Digg, Propeller, Shoutwire, Newsvine, and Mark TD.

I have had 8 separate listings in the top 20 results on Google, for a lower competition keyword, that all pointed back to the website I was targeting. Talk about getting some traffic. When you join someones fan club, take a minute to bookmark a couple of their hubs, or vote (digg) for some of their stories. That will really give them a boost.

I am going to put together my list and I will start at the beginning and work my way through the threads. Check out my profile if you want links to more details smile

1. Misha profile image64
          Mishaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Onlywire does not really work for me. More, it led to my accounts being banned from several sites. YMMV of course big_smile

1. bigdaddy profile image41
            bigdaddyposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Which sites? I might need to be careful.

23. stephhicks68 profile image86
    stephhicks68posted 16 years ago
  24. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 16 years ago
  25. stephhicks68 profile image86
  26. SweetiePie profile image80
    SweetiePieposted 16 years ago

We can all find each other and help others to find our hubs.  I prefer myspace over facebook because it is more user friendly.  Facebook is okay, but I just like the feautures of myspace, such as being able to write a blog about one of your new hubs.  Web search traffic happens naturally when you update your hubs often because I noticed yesterday a couple of my hubs were picking up more google hits by just changing and adding a few sentences to my hubs.

I should check out MySpace again. I have an account but I'm rarely there.

2. desert blondie profile image56

I still don't understand about finding and supporting each other, although I do appreciate your responding!  I can find all of you right here at hubpages!  How does this being here, there, and yon help us get readers/traffic to our hubs here at hubpages?

You can network with the people here, but then you might also be able to network with some of their friends...and so on. Not that I make a habit of asking to add people I don't know...

2. Dorsi profile image84

Hi Desert Blondie- I have written a few hubs about networking and the benefits. The first hub has to do specifically with HubPages. Networking had alot to do with growing our sign business, so I've learned alot about it in the last 14 years! If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me- and I do agree that building traffic is key, but a big part of that is relationships- which are founded on networking and befriending- and contributing.......

http://hubpages.com/_HubLink/hub/How-To … t-HubPages

http://hubpages.com/_HubLink/hub/Networ … y-Business

http://hubpages.com/_HubLink/hub/Is-Yuwie-for-You

27. desert blondie profile image56
    desert blondieposted 16 years ago

Okay, so I just went to dorsi's wordpress blog and left her a comment...is that what you all are talking about? Is leaving a comment "friending" ?  And look! I've figured out smilies! roll   As always, an ignorant but eager hubber!

1. SweetiePie profile image80
      SweetiePieposted 16 years agoin reply to this

That is one of the ways in which we can all support each other.  If you want I will send you my myspace, facebook, and other social networkings site so you can join me too.  Some hubbers I think are sending them to each other.

28. desert blondie profile image56

Now I've gone to blogatiser re: StephHicks and see that Misha was there...But don't know how he got there!
    It's sooo obvious I'm missing out on important knowledge here.  I feel like I've got the perfect cake batter, that I've poured into a perfectly oiled and floured cake pan...and I see the oven...but don't know how to turn it on!

1. stephhicks68 profile image86
      stephhicks68posted 16 years agoin reply to this

DB, it has taken me 4 months so far and I am starting to get the hang of some of this.  I get some good traffic from Propeller, but don't really use other social networking sites as I should.

Just pick one thing that you want to focus on and try to learn what you can.  Lots of people here are always there to help!

1. desert blondie profile image56

Yes, I 've really enjoyed these forums...that's how I learned to add in the tracker thing to the hubpages URL  ... don't still know how that helps anything, but I'm doing it! 
        For example, I loved the recent Texas-speak hub...and sent it's address, with my tracker to 25 of my friends via my yahoo email...did I help that hubber? did I help myself? How?

Yes, you helped both!  Peter Lopez will get the extra traffic and you will get something (not quite sure how it works through HubPages) for the number of URL tracking hits.  I still have not found a great explanation of how we benefit (finacially) from including URL trackers.  I just know that I do it every time!

29. SweetiePie profile image80

Uninvited Writer,

I like myspace for promoting my hubs and because a few family and friends are on the site.  That is basically the only reason I use mine these days smile.

1. profile image0
      multimasteryposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Seems like everytime I make a post in MySpace forum it's deleted.  They're kinda confusing to me.  So now all I do now is just respond to discussions.

P.S. A way to always keep your hubs updated 'automatically' is with a RSS feed or news capsule.

SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I was referring to posting on my myspace blog.  I do not go to the forum there. Writing a blog on your personal Myspace about your hub brings traffic from that site, which is the perk.

30. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Well, I just signed up for Qassia

Supposedly if I get someone to sign up in the next 12 hours they will give me $500 Qassia, not sure what the means. Sounds strange to me...

31. stephhicks68 profile image86

Qassia dollars are basically like "karma" at other sites.  The more you have, the better your webpages (that you add) will rank.  smile

I also have a MySpace account, but to me, Facebook seems more professional.  I just posted a number of links to some of my Hubs there.  big_smile

Trying to learn...you went to your Facebook 'account' and posted (wrote down? typed in?) links (those blue words?) that will offer people who read your Facebook 'account' to see that you have columns here at hubpages?  Aren't I doing that when I email my friends?  HOW do others happen to see your Facebook account with your links to hubpages?

There is a button on Facebook that allows you to post items.  I posted several Hubs and wrote short intros.  I do this so that any friend of mine (or a friend of a friend...) can read them.  Maybe Jodi has friends that I don't know that would be interested in my grilling recipes.  She can either tell them about my hubs, or they might even find me when looking up the people that are listed as Jodi's friends.  Emailing your own friends is great!  But the beauty of Facebook, My Space, etc. is that you can reach friends of friends... indefinite exposure!  (that's the way I understand it)!

Sign up at Facebook and create your account.  Then tell people here that you are there and we will "friend" you!  big_smile

Will do! I'm off to facebook! Will report back shortly! smile

Good luck!!

Okay...I'm there on facebook...my name is Elizabeth Lisa Bishop. For website, I entered my profile page URL...hope that was right.  Thanks everyone, I know I'll understand more about why this is important as time goes by...I know I can write, and I love it...but it's like driving a car...never had a wreck...but also don't know how to change the oil...even though I know it's important...guess this is like being a good driver AND learning to be a mechanic!  Best to all!

32. SweetiePie profile image80

They see the links in a long list of links, which is why I like the simplicity of myspace better.   Everyone says Facebook is easier, but I think Myspace is because there is not a long list of people sending me bears, newspapers, or other little Facebook things.  I still use Facebook, but to be honest I like how on myspace things are easier to navigate.

OK, I will go there this afternoon (to MySpace) and try posting some Hub links there.

Here I am:  http://home.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user

smile

Thanks for the tips Sweetie Pie.

Sweetie Pie - do you post in the "blogs" section?  That is what I am guessing.  Thx

SweetiePieposted 16 years agoin reply to this

stephhicks68 wrote:

I will add you too smile.  The blogs are actually posted to your profile page on myspace, so the most recent blogs always show up smile.  I like this because with my jewelry hub I wrote a catchy title and someone did find it using the blog search smile.  I still use Facebook, I just like the simplicity of myspace.  I am also on Yahoo!360, which allows you to blog about your hubs or anything under the sun, but I must admit I just have not used that one in a month.  At one time I was blogging to Yahoo! 360, Myspace, but that became time consuming.  However, I noticed my traffic was better when I stay on top of it smile.  Lately I have just been editing and changing the sentence and paragraphs in my hubs, which is bringing a little bit more traffic. 

My myspace screen name is:

http://www.myspace.com/jewelthesweet

Any one is welcome to add me too smile.

33. Cailin Gallagher profile image67
    Cailin Gallagherposted 16 years ago

Hi!  I have a Facebook account too.  I saw that a friend of mine added the ADD BLOG application to their site and all of their articles get sent there automatically. Does anyone know how to do this?  And does anyone know if its okay to post your articles in other sites like Helium for example?  Or does Hubpage have a copyright on them?  Just curious.  I'm pretty new at this.

34. Joel McDonald profile image61
    Joel McDonaldposted 16 years ago

This is my first forum post -- yeah!!!

I've only recently put my "social networking" hat on, but hubpages has definitely gotten me more motivated.  I'll have to dig up my other sites, but here's my facebook account:
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=699447156

"See" you all soon!

35. Joel McDonald profile image61
    Joel McDonaldposted 16 years ago

And now, another one:
    https://twitter.com/joelrunner

36. stephhicks68 profile image86

Hi Lisa,

I am having trouble finding you on Facebook - maybe it hasn't completed the process yet.  Look me up and "friend" me - Stephanie Hicks!

You did the right thing to add your profile page URL - Steph

There's 3 pages of Stephanie Hicks...are you the question mark one?

No, wait///lots of Stephanie Hicks' are question marks...no photo!

If you scroll up in this thread you will find a link to Steph's Facebook.

2. stephhicks68 profile image86

No - I am pictured at a baseball stadium between my two older boys.  smile

37. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 16 years ago
  38. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 16 years ago

On Facebook, there is an application to add an RSS feed to your page, so I've used that to add my HubPages.

39. Trsmd profile image57
    Trsmdposted 16 years ago
  40. Uninvited Writer profile image79

I just signed up for Yuwie

http://r.yuwie.com/uninvitedwriter/

1. Dorsi profile image84

Wonderful! I think you'll really like Yuwie- I like it better than facebook- it's user friendly like MySpace.

2. waiting4u profile image40
      waiting4uposted 16 years agoin reply to this

anyone have good experience with yuwie? it's seem like there tons of junks and spammer-targeted on that site.

Never got into yuwie, although several people online have asked me to join using their affiliate links...haha

1. Dorsi profile image84

Yuwie is how I inadvertantly found out about HubPages.
          It's like MySpace but a more grown-up version...lol...

3. Eileen Hughes profile image62

I cannot find your name.  comes up as not known and to add friend it wants your email addy  I also tried susan keeping.

I am under Eileen on  http://www.qassia.com

Stumble  as Hugheys

41. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 16 years ago

Wow Im not as social as some of you!
    I am LIs Sowerbutts on facebook - stupid site doesnt seem to have a way to add a link?
    on mybloglog I am http://www.mybloglog.com/buzz/members/lissie45/
    I havent done much on digg but here http://digg.com/users/lissie45
    Bloggingzoom they only take blog posts not hubs http://bloggingzoom.com/user

Oh and my new blog which the comments on my IM hub inspired me to start: http://100sites-lissie.blogspot.com

Flippin heck I keep remembering others
    http://lissie.qassia.com/ good place for getting quality backlinks - its working for me they seem to do what they promise

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 16 years agoin reply to this

If you look on my Facebook profile, you'll see I have an app called "Blog RSS Feed Reader" which lists all my Hubs.  I used the RSS feed from my profile.

42. desert blondie profile image56

Thanks, Dorsi...I just tried to make you a Facebook friend...and I WILL read those hub columns! THanks again!

43. Cailin Gallagher profile image67
    Cailin Gallagherposted 16 years ago

You guys are awesome!  What an out of the box thought.  I've already hooked up with a few people on Facebook.  I'd be thrilled to befriend this group of excellent writers.  I'm Cailin Gallagher-Gibbons on Facebook.  I don't have a MYSpace yet, or Yuwie, but when I do, I'll post it for interested hubbers.

44. profile image0
    terrygposted 16 years ago

Its great to see some very good ideas developing here.

45. C.M. Vanderlinden profile image64
    C.M. Vanderlindenposted 16 years ago

I'm pretty sure I'm already friends with Misha on all of the social networking sites I use, but if anyone else wants to friend me:

I'm cvanderlinden on StumbleUpon
    cv77 on Digg (I don't use it much, but I try to respond to shouts)
    DetroitWriter on Twitter
    cvanderlinden on Reddit (don't use this one much)

Umm. I think that's it. If I remember more, I'll add them smile I definitely use Twitter and StumbleUpon the most.

46. stephhicks68 profile image86

I just signed up at Yuwie too: http://ww1.yuwie.com/profile/?id=669158

47. The How To Hub profile image67
    The How To Hubposted 16 years ago

I don't want to say quit it guys, but just when I think I have my list ready I see new sites that people are using : ) Love it really not complaining at all....

Here is my list so far and I'll pop back in the morning to add more : )-

Social networks

http://www.facebook.com/s.php?q=shaye+r … amp;init=q
    http://www.myspace.com/myspace_entrepreneurs

Bookmarking sites mentioned so far:

http://www.blogatiser.com/shayericho
    http://digg.com/users/shayericho
    http://grnmarketingsuccess.stumbleupon.com/
    https://twitter.com/tw/search/users?q=r … nel+system (screen name is grnmarketing)
    http://shaye.qassia.com/
    http://grnmarketing.stumbleupon.com/
    http://www.blogatiser.com/user/view/profile/shaye
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/2 … eting.html
    http://del.icio.us/GRNMarketingSuccess
    http://bloggingzoom.com/user/view/profi … ingSuccess
    http://www.mybloglog.com/buzz/members/m … xperience/
    http://reddit.com/user/shayerichardson

My Blogs:
    http://www,grnmarketingsuccess.myccblog.com
    http://pg.webring.com/members/blog/reversefunnel/

I have found that stumbleupon gives alot of traffic when you first submit then it drops off after about a week. Maybe I just need to network there more?.... I don't know. The hub I published yesterday has had 70 hits just from stumbleupon in the first 24 hours.

Keep 'em coming....

Shaye

48. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 16 years ago

Here's my revver profile...

http://revver.com/u/goReptiles/

49. Uninvited Writer profile image79

I never knew there were so many social network sites. I know there are lots more that haven't been listed here. I'm joining up as fast as I can smile

1. vietnamese profile image65
      vietnameseposted 16 years agoin reply to this

You can't join them all, there are about 100s or 1000s of them! hehheehehee

1. profile image0
        terrygposted 16 years agoin reply to this

If you need a list of over 200 plus times plus social bookmarking sites, then this blogger has gone to a lot of trouble.

http://3spots.blogspot.com/2006/01/all- … kmark.html

50. pjdscott profile image68
    pjdscottposted 16 years ago

I agree with Shaye about StumbleUpon although have found it useful in recent weeks.

I'm delighted to have already befriended several of you on my social networking sites and welcome anybody else.

PJD

http://digg.com/users/pjdscott

http://pjdscott.stumbleupon.com/about/

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61210048

I'm sure I need you to be a FB friend....you seem to know all about computer stuff that I need help with!  Tried clicking on to your FB link here, and just got sent to my profile page...don't know how to find you to ask you to be my friend?  Yes, I'm just that clueless...can you help?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)