Okay, I have 32 hubs, which I feel are good. Some better than others of course, but still I am only receiving 20-30 clicks a day! Not for each Hub, I mean total!
I am trying to understand promotion or backlinks, everything to do with getting more traffic. But to be honest, for someone who really knows NOTHING about comouters, this is very frustrating....
Is there a step-by-step instructional Hub that can help me????
Do you mean actual Adsense clicks, or do you mean hub views? There's a difference.
I've got three times as many hubs as you and I'd be chuffed to bits if I got 30 Adsense clicks a day.
I am no specialist, but some ideas. I at least hope that the old timers can contribute more on this. I have actually found it easier to get traffic here than at squidoo. I have tried both. Here are some thing I can suggest:
1. I see that your titles are very long. I would shorten them and have them more keyword focused. Also really spend time on considering the title, and the URL you select for the hubpage. It does not have to be the same as the title, and might be more focused with shorter title and more keywords. The ones that get the most visit and I have, are not the big topics but site topics. I have a great one (that I thought was good) about hosting and received very few hits, more specific one ("angling in Iceland") has received much more hits. Then I have other one that is about wordpress and NGO that has very steady stream of visits. That one is one the first page if you google it but the one about hosting does not even appear to be in the index.
2. I looked at your latest hub and the subtitles are not keyword orientated. You have there some thing that google thins is importand, but "The Big Day" will not earn a lot of hits for your hub. I would try to incorporate key words in all titles. Another subtitle is "Invite By Email?", could you make better keywords for this title?
3. Tags, I would add more tags and spend some time on selecting them.
4. Use also tags on your images, it would help google. Incorporate the niche you are focusing on getting the traffic from.
5. I have used for example twitter to protmote mine, I have also used ping.fm. To my experience even though my account on twitter does not have so many friends, just having the right keywords give me more visits. All tweets are public and search have given me visits. This is though short lived unless some one pics up excerpts and links to your post (as has happend in some cases).
6. I setup wordpress.com blog and used ping.fm to post to my blog (along with twitter and more sources). Google has picked up the keywords and I have some visitors from there. I some times go in and update it and modify it, to make the keywords better. There are of course other way, just make sure that the link has "do follow" so when google pick ups your hub from the keywords used in your blog.
7. Use stumble on and the del.icio.us as well.
8. Search around on the hubpages for some good advice, I have found tons of good advice (also tons of crap). Here are just few things.
These are some of the things that have been good for me. I am also rather new to hubpages. These are of course just my opinons, I am no SEO specialist.
You can have 20 clicks a day and only earn $.45 and you can also just score 1 click a day but earn $4. That's where keyword research comes into play.
adsense clicks?..in 4 weeks times , 20 clicks a day?...thats excellent...
The link is at the bottom of every single HubPage on the site.
You can't really judge success by number of clicks. You need to look at your click-through rate (CTR). That's the number of adclicks divided by the number of ad impressions. An average CTR for AdSense I believe is in the 1% to 2% range. If you're achieving that based on the traffic that you have, then you're doing just fine.
I would have to say that 20-30 clicks a day would be pretty good considering you have only 32 hubs. It means that you are and have done something right in the first place.
Now, you need to create more hubs, so as to add to what you are already getting. Great job.
There could be another option, as Relache has already given you the link to the LearningCenter, however, you could read up on streamlining your ads, so as to eliminate some of the lower cost per click ads. This way when people do click you earn more per click. But, that requires learning more about Adsense, diving into the complete knowledge offered.
I hope that helped.
I think she means daily views rather than clicks.
To be honest you should not expect instant traffic or earnings from Hubpages. If you could make money online easily, everyone would be doing it.
Just keep working and doing your homework, you will soon see an increase in traffic and earnings
Yeah me too (views) cause 20-30 clicks a day is not that bad for that many hubs thats actually pretty dam good, but clicks are worth different amount. That could potentially be 10$/day if they are worth .50 cents
Yes, views...I've only had about 5 actual clicks total! Sorry to confuse you.
20,30 views a day? you must be thankful ı have 21 hubs, some days ı get views as low as 2,3.
I would dare say that she means views or wouldn't be complaining about AdSense clicks. It can be frustrating when first starting.
The key is to be persistent in writing and working on those links.
Yeah lol I doubt she would be complaining at that because most people don't get any clicks at beginning
Thank you all. And I have been to the link at the bottom of the page in the learning center...trust me. But like I said, I know how to type and write...computers? not a chance. So thanks for the reminder of your link, but it does me no good....
I am a newbie and agree that i didn't get any clicks in the first five weeks. In the last week i have had 11 clicks which might just about cover a cup of coffee!
I don't know about backlinks as this is one area that looks tough to learn.
As usual, the learning is not necessarily in the OP, but in the discussion that follows. Always love to get the viewpoints of various hubbers.
I started to get freaked out, she is getting 20 clicks a day? And I am only getting 3 or 4? What the hell? Then I realized that she meant views and I let my breath out. I guess that my hubs are not doing so bad.
I am again motivated to keep going.
Thanks for the great discussion.
by GreenTime 8 years ago
Hi,I have noticed that my analytics if showing good traffic to my hubs, but my adsense is not showing any clicks to my hubs ever since I started. I do not understand how I can have a decent amount of traffic and yet no clicks. Could I have adsense set up wrong with hubpages? ...
by fireatwill41 9 years ago
Right now in my adsense account I have it says I have 30 views, but no clicks. Does anyone have any strategies they use in order to convert views to clicks more often or is it all luck? Thanks for any help anyone can provide
by Pop Culture World 3 years ago
Hello,I am seeing on my Adsense earnings 0 page views yet there are clicks coming from the pages still.Two days ago there were about five clicks and then the next day those clicks were gone from the previous night's report. Today I am seeing clicks again with 0 page views.Is there something wrong...
by Doctor J 10 years ago
How long does it take to make money with hubpages? After 160 views on 10 hubs they tell me I have 0 clicks. Is something wrong?
by BundleBoy 9 years ago
Instead of fiddling around with Google Adsense and Analytics to figure out which Hub is making me money, Can the team add a new feature to show number of ad clicks for each hub?I am techie and I have been fiddling around for almost 3 days with Google Adsense and Analytics to figure out what is...
by thisisoli 6 years ago
My Adsense earnigns have been dropping recently, mostly down to my focus on sales hubs. Today I attempted to find something to write about that would generate a bit more Adsense revenue for me.Unfortunately something seems to have happened. Whenever I look at a topic, bring in some...
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|