2010 in review, best ever yet for sales,,,

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (38 posts)
  1. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

I thought I'd open a thread here for anyone who wants to share how well, or how bad, their sales and progress on making money on the web has been this year.

For me, I've been working 100% off the web for around 4 years or so. I must say this year has been the best. In fact I've made more working off the web this year than at any job I've every had.

That is NOT saying that much. I consider myself in the lower to middle class while being single. However I am very happy with my progress.

It was only 6 months or so ago my adsense really took off after learning a few things this year.

Same goes for Amazon, I'm really sorry I did not push them harder sooner. I've learned a lot this year, which is something everyone has to keep doing no matter how good they think they are.

For 2011 I am opening my biggest website yet, a general electronics site so I can push everything under the sun about electronics.

So I'm happy, making more and ready to make even more in 2011. How about everyone else, what can you share, good or bad about this year? smile smile

1. warchild75 profile image64
      warchild75posted 13 years agoin reply to this

this was my first year where i really pushed myself with hubpages,i started off the year making £5 a month:( but with some hard work and a few niche hubs my views increased to around 3000 a day and my ebay and adsense earnings were increasing month on month,november and dec have even seen an amazon increase for me where by i am selling over 10 items a month,i also hit my goal of 150 hubs and am looking to double that for 2011,good luck to everyone!!smile

2. yenajeon profile image68
    yenajeonposted 13 years ago

My Hubpages earnings have been just ok for 2010. My website however, is doing fantastic! I'm extremely happy!

3. Bill Manning profile image68

Thanks both of you, glad to hear things are going well. I'm sure we will all do better in 2011. However you need to really keep up with the new stuff going on today.

So much is changing so fast, tried and true methods will not always work with the new changes. Good luck all! smile

4. Spacey Gracey profile image39
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

Bill - you appear to be under the misguided belief that you will have time to do your own work in 2011- when in reality you will be receiving billions on emails from me about my own website attempt smile.

2010 is the first time I have tried to make money online and in December I have earned more than any other month of my life including when I worked full-time as a Project Manager - that's only the Christmas effect but it's made me very happy.

Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure you will learn more faster than you think. The key is to not expect to learn everything in a day, or even a month. smile

Yes now that Christmas is over the sales will be slower. But just think what it will be like next year when you have had a full year to build everything up! big_smile

5. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

I am very pleased with this year - I write very few commercial hubs, yet I went from payout every other month last year, to payout every month by the end of the year, and this year, I have well-surpassed that.
    Amazon has been steadily increasing - I made more on Amazon in Nov/Dec than the preceding eight months - am very pleased with that.
    I am learning how to work smarter rather than just working harder, and plan to learn a lot more to improve my existing hubs.

Good for you! Yeah the old "work smarter not harder" is something I need to do. I no longer have any extra time to start new projects.

So I need to start working smarter and cut out all the time wasting things I do. Being on here does not count. big_smile

6. CMHypno profile image81
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

I went from earning pennies at the beginning of the year to having Adsense payouts for the last three consecutive months and have hit 7% commission on Amazon for the first time this December.It took time, but it has proved to be worth all the time and effort!

Good for you. Making money on the web takes time, no doubt about that. However most of what you make on the web continues to earn long after you finish it.

I still get checks in the mail from places I forgot I signed up for! smile

1. CMHypno profile image81
        CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Long may those cheques keep rolling in for you Bill! I think that 2011 will be a great year for hubbers, and once New Year weekend is over I will be rolling up my sleeves and writing more hubs and working on my new website

7. frogdropping profile image79
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

Well Bill I live off what I (now) earn online - simple as that. Up to April this year my income was steadily increasing - then I got some sound advice as the year wore on, took notice of it (though in all honesty I believe I coulda mushed a bit more despite the ups and downs) and haven't looked back.

I'm happy, surprised, chuffed, satisfied and am now looking at increasing my current income (more effort) by at least three times in the coming 12 month period.

Good times - and great thread Bill ... Happy New Year, Happy Increased Income big_smile

Sounds like your doing everything right froggy! Keep up the good work and Happy New Years to you too! big_smile

8. vicki simms profile image67
    vicki simmsposted 13 years ago

I've only used hubpages since september/october so for me my earnings are not good but I am always the optimist because  although I have only made pennies and I am WAY off a payout, my little pennies are adding up (very slowly) and increasing. I understand that they need to mature and I don't have hardly any hubs compared to other hubbers on here, so 2011 will see me increase my hubs, revenue and reputation (hopefully) lol.

9. Christene profile image60
    Christeneposted 13 years ago

I've only been on HubPages for a year, but on Squidoo for almost 4 and 2010 has been my best year by far. I've earned almost as much as '07,'08,'09 combined.

10. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

My earnings have constantly been increasing since I started this game. However my earnings per 1000 visitors have been decreasing. as far as I can tell this is mostly down to the economic situation, rather than my own skills.  2010 was slightly better, but I fully expect to see a much healthier outlook in the next few years as the economy improves, more advertiser spending, wooo!

1. kirstenblog profile image79
      kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is very interesting to me, I have noticed that the earnings per 1000 visitors is a dropping ratio. I have thought the same thing and it is nice to hear someone else saying the same, good chance we are spot on if thinking the same big_smile

11. Laura Marie profile image61
    Laura Marieposted 13 years ago

2010 has been great for me!! I write on a number of sites but my Hubpages earnings for December were a record for me as I have made almost $600 from here this month (thats counting adsense, amazon and kontera). This month alone I have surpassed $1000, another earning record. I can only imagine that if I take on board what I have learnt this year and work as hard next year my earnings will continue to grow. This excites me greatly.

Well done to you too and good luck for next year!!

12. Bill Manning profile image68

Congrads to all, sounds like many are learning how to make that money and look forward to building up for next year. smile

It's nice to hear of so many doing well in the face of all the gloom and doom you hear everywhere else.

Just goes to show no matter how bad things are there is always a way to get ahead and even prosper in even the worst of times. You just have to think outside the box and work hard. smile

13. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

I too had the best year so far, by far. Happy and even more prosperous 2011 to everybody! smile

Wow, even the pros had the best year yet! We better not let this out or everyone will be in here wanting some! tongue

1. rebekahELLE profile image87
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think HP overall has had their best year. I'm sure we can thank them for continuing to give us better tools to work with, and the site keeps climbing in the rankings. I've learned so much in the time I've been here. It really is a very helpful community.
        I've reached targets I set and enjoy the challenge of reaching goals. I think some of the best advice I've received is to make what we have work, see how it's working and repeat it. Also to have groups of hubs written on the same topic in specific categories.

December was my best month ever for adsense and amazon. they're about equal in earnings, amazon being higher.

so thanks everyone! you never know when something you share helps someone, but it does. have a happy 2011, hubbers. smile

14. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 13 years ago

2010 has certainly been an incredible year here for me on Hubpages. I seem to learn something new everyday and seeing the sales and the adsense add up is such an amazing reward. Alot of my skills have come from taking the 60 day challenge and just want to take a second out to thank Sunforged. Should another 60dc start I recommend all to take the challenge, I for one will be there again!

15. joleenruffin profile image60
    joleenruffinposted 13 years ago

I am new to hubpages, just a few weeks on here but I have already seen some money coming in from adsense. I also make my income full time from the web and 2010 was an OK year for me.

16. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

This has been an incredible year for me.  In Oct and Nov I saw record-breaking months, hitting right at $400 for each month.  I went over $700 for December.  I'm well pleased.  I have right at 30 hubs in the works and hope to publish at least another 100 this year. 

May everyone experience health, wealth and happiness in 2011!

17. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

I love this thread, thanks for starting it Bill!

This year was my first full year with hubpages.  I had a slow start at the beginning of the year, then took three to four months off then started writing a lot of hubs to make up for it.  I made payout twice on adsense! whoohoo! My amazon sales were more than I thought I would make as compared to similar months last year.  Very happy and all fired up for 2011.

Have a great new year everybody!

18. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

I had a good year, but I've had better. Economy or what I don't know. So I spent today learning a new way to create ebay-centric sites. The learning curve was steep and I'm a bit overwhelmed, but I believe that you have to keep learning. Tomorrow it will start to feel more familiar.

19. Bill Manning profile image68

Nice to see more hubbers that had a great year! I think we all will have an even better year next year.

The more you work on the net the more you learn and make, at least that's been my observation. Bed time for me so nite nite everyone. smile

20. profile image0
    cookingdivaposted 13 years ago

Wow, so many inspiring comments. I am so happy for all of you, I just started at HP about 6 weeks ago so my earnings are nothing to write home about. However I made my first amazon sale and made about three dollars or so on adsense. Hope next year will bring more income.

21. evvy_09 profile image59
    evvy_09posted 13 years ago

Wow, I'm glad everyone is doing so well. I've started earning about 2 cents a day through adsense and have at least 50 views or so a day. That sounds pretty sad. smile I'll get better, and more motivated soon. I hope.

22. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 13 years ago

This year has been great for me. I reached every single goal I set myself, and for me, it doesn't get better than that! My goals for the coming year are a lot steeper, but I'm pretty sure I can reach them, and hopefully surpass them big_smile

23. Bill Manning profile image68

Congrads to those who made their goals this year. For the ones just starting, it may seem hard but in time all the hubs and work pays off.

The main thing is to get making those hubs, websites and whatever your working on and get them out there. You can't make anything if it's not on the web! smile

24. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

I wish to start my own website soon, I am looking for a niche which I like and at the same time earn some.

I earned USD 846.76 this month (14 hours more to go), both amazon and adsense. I am so glad, my first venture in earning online is successful. Thanks a lot to HP and everyone here. (This is much larger than what I earned when I was teaching college students in the Phils, back then)

HP is an amazing place to start and to continue whatever goals we set in ourselves...

Happy New Year to everyone!!

1. profile image0
      ssaulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hey happy new year to everyone, glad to hear about the positive comments this really lift my spirit about the coming year, i hope i do well next year as this is my first year on hubpages!

25. matherese profile image61
    mathereseposted 13 years ago

Hey ssaul I am sure many people are going to be after your recipes next year I like them!

I am new on Hubpages about six week, from what I see it looks promising I am getting ready to publish more hubs in 2011 and my be start  my own website

Congratulation to everyone

26. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

I am still running around here with L plates on and have hit some goals and have near hit others. Also, haven't been here for a full year yet, so will be more interesting to ask of again in 12 months time.

For those of you still seeing the new year in around the time of this post (its 6pm NY's day here now), may your glass be full, your smiles plentiful, your family and friends healthy, and your 2011 the BEST ever on Hubpages.

27. N. Ramius profile image73
    N. Ramiusposted 13 years ago

Made a little over $900 in 2010. About $500 From Amazon and the rest from AdSense though I feel I still don't understand a thing.

28. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 13 years ago

2010 wasn't a bad year. My goal was to reach payout every month, and i'm happy i was able to achieve that. So i guess it was my best full year.

My goal for 2011 is to double my hubs, and try to triple my earnings. And with what i have learned from you wonderful hubbers, it can only get better.

(December was a downer for me. Traffic & earnings dismal)

Blessings to you all, and may 2011 bring us all joy, fulfilment, and God's grace.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)