jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (22 posts)

A streak of cruelty at HubPages

1. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Sadly, it is true.  Consider:

Yesterday evening I signed up for the new HP ad program.  This morning I logged on and took a quick look before heading to work and found I had already made money!  Excitement!

This afternoon I log in again, only to see the same figures.  I notice that there is no "today" column, just yesterday.  Frustrated, I pushed the refresh button 27 times, but nothing happens.

Now, all I really want is to sit and "refresh" every 5 minutes to see what is happening, but noooooo.  The cruel people at HP have declared that I cannot do that (I assume they would rather I was writing hubs instead).  I would only have done it for a day or so!  I promise!  Cruel, cruel people.

1. cpvr profile image60
      cpvrposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Why would you check your ad earnings all the time? That's nuts.

2. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 6 years ago

All fun and joking aside, it updates once a day. And if it has an asterisk next to it, it will update once more after it has verified the earnings.

wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, it was actually pretty obvious.  I swear, though, that I would get up early if I knew what time it updated.  Just once.

I caught the asterisk thing on the thread about it, too.  I hadn't seen it when I checked the readings; it was just off screen and I thought that what I saw was it.

I can also wish that we could tell what hubs were producing income - it could perhaps tell us what to work on.

3. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Mine haven't updated to show yesterday's earnings or impressions, and it's after 6pm EST. What up??

4. Len Cannon profile image87
    Len Cannonposted 6 years ago

The weekends will be late and probably always will be. The HP ad program is actually made up of multiple ad networks and not all of them are available to send reports on weekends.  Wait until Monday!

5. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Jason has already said in another thread that some of the advertisers used do not update statistics on the weekend. So, if your statistics don't update daily, then that could be why. wink

6. profile image56
    j4funposted 6 years ago

I don't understand what all the whinning and complaining is all about. Be thankful that at least you're among the first to get to try out the new ad program. Good grief.

7. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Yep.  We probably won't get any figures until Monday.

My refresh button will be worn clear through by then! big_smile

8. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

OK let's blame it on the weekend. I got some numbers yesterday (for Thursday), but nothing showing for Friday-- like most of you said.

9. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Whew! Am I relieved to read what this thread is really about! I was fully expecting a lecture on vitriol and lack of civility. lol
    The HP ad program is a new toy and it's still Christmas morning. There's still plenty of fun to be had with it!! Enjoy!!!!

Yes, but it's storming hard and Rudolph is sick with a cold.  Christmas has been postponed for 2 days, until Monday. big_smile

10. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Thanks, pals. I was hoping it was the weekend thing.

11. Mighty Mom profile image90

Well, how about we all have a Christmas carols marathon till Monday, then?
    I'll start: "All I want for Christmas is my HP payout, my HP payout, oh my HP payout!" smile

lol lol lol

Tell you what; if I make the $50 payout in just 2 days, I'll share it with you!

2. Rochelle Frank profile image88
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

..."Hubbing through the snow, in a one horse open sleigh..."

12. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

"Hark the new ads, hubbers sing, joyful to the HP team..."

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

"Come all ye hopeful-- Joyful and expectant (of views and impressions)....

"Silent Night, Hubby Night, all is calm, no stats in sight...."

13. Randy Godwin profile image94
    Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago

The title is spot on!  lol

14. Mighty Mom profile image90

"Oh little town of Hubberdom, how still your stats they lie..."

15. barryrutherford profile image32
    barryrutherfordposted 6 years ago

'Once in Royal Hubpage City stood a lonely firewall..."

16. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

"Deck the Hubs with stats, by golly.. fa la la al la...
    Hubbers going off their trolly ...

working