Best 24 hours since the crash!

Jump to Last Post 1-36 of 36 discussions (84 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

About 7% higher than my highest traffic day since the algo-change, anybody else seeing this?

Hit 20000 for the first time post-crash for last 24 hours.

1. Dorsi profile image87
      Dorsiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yup me too. Traffic on the rise, in fact it's the highest since the crash. About back to normal numbers.

2. Richieb799 profile image74
      Richieb799posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, spot on, glad you mentioned this, my time tested best hub doubled its traffic over night big_smile extra 400 views

2. profile image0

Ummmm..... never seen so many red flags smile

3. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Yep, and it looks contagious. smile

4. bgamall profile image68
    bgamallposted 13 years ago

I agree on a slower level than yours. But why all of a sudden?

5. profile image0

Slap relaxed? As a result of duplicate content being lifted a couple of days ago?

Maybe just a busy day web-wide though, perhaps somebody with a portfolio of sites can comment on their private traffic? I don't have a wide enough network to comment as to whether the increase is webwide or Hubpages specific.

6. IzzyM profile image89
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I'm glad someone else mentioned it. Stats were stuck for hours today so obviously HP was working on something, then when they came back I've had a huge traffic spike.
    Mostly from google.com and co.uk.
    Hope its not an error.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh.... I had better check Analytics hmm

7. profile image0

I'm going to see what analytics shows for the whole of the 29th before getting excited.

But my traffic so far today, as confirmed by Analytics, is IMPRESSIVE.

If we are seeing a world record slap recovery time, then I suspect that we will see a few people regret their rash actions? Not that they were entirely unjustified....

Anyway, early days!

8. profile image0

My AdSense isn't showing anything too substantial, impression wise sad But, its not realtime, so I will hold fire.

Think it may be a stat tool error?

9. Mutiny92 profile image63
    Mutiny92posted 13 years ago

I am up pretty good the last few days. Although I associated it with my  writing prowess!  J/k

I hope the trend continues!

1. profile image0

Is that confirmed by Analytics? Or are you relying on the Hubpages stats tool?

1. Mutiny92 profile image63
        Mutiny92posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just HP. I am on my iPhone and can't get to analytics right now

10. IzzyM profile image89
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

My adsense is not showing anywhere near what HP is showing, but I'm not sure of the time lag. All those hits happened this afternoon when stats were stuck.
    Analytics is showing almost as many views today as the whole of yesterday and considering there is still more than 12 hours to go, that's definitely looking up smile

1. profile image0

My analytics is showing about 66% of my views for the whole of yesterday, which is more than it usually (well usually post-algo) shows at this stage in the day and would be consistant with my Hubpages stats. But, i'm not getting excited until I see the adsense impressions!

I think that adsense has been slow recently, I have been going to bed at 3am with one or two clicks showing for Excerptz, and the next morning it finishes with lots more. I put this down to lots of late flurries, but now I think it is the time lag.

11. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 13 years ago

Just posted a different thread - I'm seeing 25% increase in Google and Goolge.co.uk today - hard to tell if it's real yet as the analytics are only partial day - but based on my memory of similar times of days it does seem higher

12. IzzyM profile image89
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I am now seeing a 58% rise in traffic compared to the weekend when it normally dips. It had recovered by about 20% by yesterday and the rest came in today.
    Praying it is real!

1. profile image0

AdSense will tell the whole story at the end of the 24 hour period, I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

IF, and that is IF, we are seeing traffic return, then I'll start writing some new sales pages!

13. theherbivorehippi profile image66
    theherbivorehippiposted 13 years ago

Yes..has looked good since Monday and great earnings too!

14. kephrira profile image59
    kephriraposted 13 years ago

And there was me thinking the increase I saw was just down to my own brilliance.

15. IzzyM profile image89
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I also had my highest views on Hubads yesterday, but one of the lowest CPMs sad

1. profile image0

Did you join 3rd March or in the second wave?

1. IzzyM profile image89
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

1st. I just chose to keep quiet about it.

1. profile image0

I have seen high CPMs just after the 1st wave, and just after the 2nd wave. But my CPM now is a little higher than it was a week or so after the 1st wave.

It seems that each time they roll it out they get a bit of a boost, probably because the advertisers get a little excited.

The CPM that we seeing now is probably the 'norm', maybe we will keep seeing little boosts each time a new wave of invites is handed out. If so, fingers crossed that it is 3000 in next time, then 6000, then 10000, purely for selfish reasons lol

16. Len Cannon profile image87
    Len Cannonposted 13 years ago

Actually, yes, it literally changed from mediocre to "almost acceptable" over the course of like two hours.   Probably just luck, though.

1. profile image0

Are just just using Hub stats, or analytics?

The proof is in the pudding, until my AdSense impressions reflect the upward swing I am not getting excited. The Hub Stats have been known to be grossly inaccurate at times.

17. Joy56 profile image66
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

hooray hope everyone will be in a good frame of mind now things are improving,

18. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

My traffic returned almost back to normal on March 19th, although it has fluctuated a little bit since then. If HP stats are accurate, today will be the best since the smackdown though.

Pre-smackdown, Google.com accounted for anywhere from 60% to 80% of my search engine traffic. Post-slap, it's been consistently around 37%. That has not changed one bit.

AdSense for my hubs is in the toilet. Matter of fact, it's so far down the pipes, even Joe the Plumber wouldn't be able to save it. Since I was in that first wave of the HP ads program, though, I don't know if that dip is from the slap or the new ads. SunForged is running a test now, and I'm waiting to see what he finds out and also to see where I net out at the end of the month with HP ads.

Amazon is down about 50%. My conversion rate had stayed consistent even after the slap for a while, but it since has tanked and my conversion rate is now only 5% to 7% -- dismal. sad

1. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

oh no .. well Ill try and be more scientific in my testing pattern then!

19. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

Had another blip upwards today, but as these have been followed by downturns, I am not getting excited. My views and AdSense earnings are still roughly 50% down - but it is still nice to see the red arrows again.

20. Laura Marie profile image60
    Laura Marieposted 13 years ago

My traffic has increased slightly too but is not reflected in my adsense impressions. My blog imps are double what adsense is showing, so perhaps there is some kind of reporting error with adsense. Strangely my squidoo impressions are well down today, so not unless Google has changed something.

21. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 13 years ago

Interesting! My HP traffic is up about 25% today. I did an analytics comparison between today and a day last year which had the same amount of traffic and the stats are showing:

US traffic down 46%

UK up 39%

India up 61%

Canada up 54%

Australia up 62%

And all the other google's up 30% or more too.

Can't think what would account for these figures though hmm

Why would all the other google's be sending more traffic than before?

1. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

*said in a Big Bad Wolf type voice* "hmmmmmm all the better to eat you with"

That's why. They're raising folks higher so they'll scream louder on the way down lol

1. sunforged profile image70
        sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yep - its like that nice sweet lemon smell from the antiseptic wipe before the sting of the needle

2. Susana S profile image92
        Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Aaah I'm scared, lol!

Could be, Google likes to slap both cheeks and then the other two cheeks too lol

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You said the traffic was/is the same; therefore it is just the relative  percentages that have changed. Your stats seem to indicate that the new algo is still alive, well, and screwing us. I hope I'm wrong.

1. Susana S profile image92

What it seems to be showing me is that for some reason the rise in traffic today is coming from other google's. It's like google.com traffic has been replaced by an increase in traffic from the others. (Still not at pre algo levels though).

The algo continues to kill my earnings but it's nice to see nearly a 1000 more visits today smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image61

Whatever is going on, traffic is indeed booming! smile

3. profile image0

Comparing with this day last year is pointless, nobody is claiming to be beating pre-algo levels.

The point is a clear upward shift in traffic today, the best since 24th February.

To put this into perspective.... I have a custom report set up on Google Analytics. My unique US traffic for the 29th February (with almost half a day to go, in my timezone), is almost at the same level already as my complete US unique traffic for any complete day since the algo change.

Which suggests a recovery of some sort, unless this can be explained in some other way.

1. brandonhart100 profile image76
        brandonhart100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was actually surprised that one one had mentioned this before as my traffic didn't just go all up at once... It's been since last Friday and then it has just kept climbing... Now total traffic is above pre-algo for me personally.  My google.com traffic is up 100% from where it was this time last week...

2. Susana S profile image92

I think I'm not explaining myself properly. I'm not talking about beating pre algo levels. I'm trying to determine where the traffic increase is coming from by comparing like for like. There's more than a 40% change upwards in UK traffic when I compare the 2 days. There's no reason that I can think of why UK traffic would have such a huge variance over the 2 days.

Google.com traffic is at a higher level than yesterday considering there is still 10 hours to go for this day. I sincerely hope the rise is coming from the US, but to me it looks like while some of it is, most of it is coming from an increase in traffic from other google's.

Anyway, we'll be able to see what's going on more clearly tomorrow.

1. profile image0

Well UK webmasters are reporting SERPS changes, which are not believed to be related to Panda. So that would explain UK traffic changes at least.

2. Aya Katz profile image84
          Aya Katzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Could it be that searchers in the US are flocking to non-US Googles, because they like the results there better?

1. profile image0

No because if you visit Google.co.uk from the US it will automatically revert to Google.com search results.

You would also find two pages of .co.uk results for most search queries, which are likely to be irrelevant to US searchers.

I suspect that we are just seeing a normal SERPS update, just like our hubs used to graduate up the ranks when there were US SERPS updates.

In other words, if panda didn't happen, our traffic would have kept on rising like it always used to. Our maturing hubs are strengthening outside of the US, simples.

Although I am also seeing an increase in US traffic, which makes me slightly hopeful that we are seeing a small recovery.

1. Aya Katz profile image84
              Aya Katzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I live in the U.S., but when I search for the same query on both Google.com and Google.co.uk, I get different results. I tried it with Vacuum County, which is the name of one of my novels. It's true that some of the differences were just about where the vacuum selling businesses were located. But one of my chapters came up on the first page of Google.co.uk, but no such luck with Google.com.

I'm just wondering if other searchers, who are not necessarily looking to buy something in a local shop, may have noticed this difference on their searches.

22. paradigmsearch profile image61

I just noticed that the latest ad stats are out. HP ads are kicking AdSense's butt as far as I'm concerned.smile

23. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 13 years ago

My traffic is also up too. Have checked analytics and compared against hub stats and yes it is a marked increase and Hub ad program performing well too...

Fingers crossed of a recovery of sorts!

Hopefully this isn't the calm before the storm/full rollout

1. profile image0

The only roll-outs I am worried about are UK, Australia and Canada. The rest of the traffic is worthless.

You don't get a substantial amount of google.de, google.nl, google.co.nz google.ie traffic?  Those should do pretty good for you as well wink

1. profile image0

Low click values.

In the past 30 days I have had the following traffic:

143,000 US visits
            80,000 UK visits
            41,000 Canadian visits
            28,000 Australian visits

The other four countries that you mentioned have sent me a total of 13000 between them. So please excuse me if I couldn't give a monkeys about that traffic.

The only countries that I have found which can rival US AdSense click values are the UK, Australia and Canada. Particularly the UK.

I am particularly petrified of Panda UK. Although the Panda is said to have trouble multiplying, perhaps it will end up sterile, maybe it just won't do the business wink

Probably just needs some exercise so that it can get in shape first smile

24. I am DB Cooper profile image63
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

Traffic for me is also at a level it hasn't been at since the algo change. I would be surprised if the changes HP has made are being noticed and rewarded by Google this quickly, but it certainly is encouraging. I'm sure there were a lot of very low quality pages that are now unpublished, and that can't be bad for the rest of the pages on this domain.

1. profile image0

That would depend if the Hubpages slap is fully the result of an algorithm or manual.

I suspect a little of both. If things like duplicate content were weighted highly in the algorithm itself, then the overnight removal of duplicate content could well have that kind of effect.

They did that the other day I believe, unpublished all the duplicate content (the stuff that was published elsewhere first).

2. brandonhart100 profile image76

If I had a theory it would be that they are doing some tests... but just like everyone else I'm hoping it sticks.. who knows.. I guess I'll just enjoy it while its here!

1. paradigmsearch profile image61

Now that hadn’t occurred to me… I’m hoping that it is because the new algo has accumulated sufficient data to conclude that HP is an awesome domain! smile

1. sid_candid profile image57
          sid_candidposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is something everyone of us would love to happen. Hope this upswing is permanent and not another of those one days where traffic is up before being down again. My traffic is up by about 20% and at about 80% of Pre algo levels. smile

25. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

maybe they already rolled out the update to UK

http://www.webmasterworld.com/google/4288114.htm

1. profile image0

That thread is pretty much conclusive that they are not seeing Panda in the UK.

And I can assure you that my search results look like nothing other than a standard SERPS update, with no content farms penalized.

Panda has not hit the UK, and neither would it see us win MORE traffic than before.

I will be quick to alert people when my second largest traffic source dissapears.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
        prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hope this will continue then, my traffic also increased today plus my best adsense this month, and the day is not yet over! Or maybe it is just end of the month, high budget...

26. profile image0

To be honest, unless AdSense is way behind, I think that this is a reporting error.

27. WoodsmensPost profile image61
    WoodsmensPostposted 13 years ago

I did some quick research on my iphone while at work here for some news on google panda algorithm. Seems as tho the sudden increase in goggle.com traffic could be the result that panda is being rolled out to UK and CA. Others are posting similar results but no confirmation as of yet.

Oh and yes my traffic is up too I feel warm and fuzzy but don't let that get around lol

1. profile image0

Whilst I don't doubt that you found people suggesting that, I don't understand the logic behind it?

How does the Panda being rolled out result in an increase in Google.com traffic? How does that change US Google.com traffic?

1. WoodsmensPost profile image61
        WoodsmensPostposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good question, researching in the news section of google.com of some answers. Just thought I would throw it out there others are trying to put tail on panda as we speak and the surge.

1. profile image0

If this site somehow magically comes out exceedingly well in the UK Panda update, then it is time to offer an Amazon.co.uk capsule.

1. leahlefler profile image96
            leahleflerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My traffic is way up, too: looks like pre google-pacolypse.

I'd love an amazon.co.uk capsule... I could sell flymos!

28. shogan profile image76
    shoganposted 13 years ago

I was looking for exactly this kind of thread.  I know I have a limited number of hubs, but Google traffic experienced a huge spike today.  I'm happy and relieved.

1. sid_candid profile image57
      sid_candidposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This shows that Hubpages is still the best and will continue to do so for a long long time to come. Happy I never moved away or deleted any of my hubs.

1. shogan profile image76
        shoganposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm just hoping this keeps up.  Despite being newer, I was already starting to get slightly discouraged at pouring over a hub only to receive a half dozen Google views.

2. brandonhart100 profile image76

I don't want to be the pessimist... but I'll just wait it out a little bit longer before I say that it's one thing or the other.

1. profile image0

That's not pessimism, that's just being sensible.

Panda started being rolled out on 23rd February, none of us noticed until 24th February.

I will decide on Friday whether or not I should be happy or jumping off of a bridge.

1. shogan profile image76
            shoganposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Since I've had all of a few hours of improvement, I think I'll be sensible, too.  wink

It is nice to see the red triangles, though, and have them not represent traffic from Hubpages itself.

29. paradigmsearch profile image61

With all the rumors flying around, I predict the Panda invasion of the UK will occur at midnight UK time. smile

30. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

Ditto my results are also around the same 7+ % ^

31. profile image0

Right, I just realised that my Analytics updates in British time. So what I am seeing for the 29th is my traffic for the past 24 hours (for a day which ended 15 minutes ago).

It is only very slightly better than my traffic for the 28th, nowhere near what the Hubpages stats page is showing, and no better than my typical weekday post-algo.

So I am concluding that the Hubpages stats are simply showing more views than I am actually seeing.

My AdSense views are no higher than normal either. So for me, false hope.

32. paradigmsearch profile image61

"Is the Google Pandapocalypse Near for the UK and Beyond?"

Search Engine Watch (blog) - ‎6 hours ago‎

Loved the title and had to post it. Note: This is not the announcement.

33. paradigmsearch profile image61

And it's not a bad article either. smile

34. paradigmsearch profile image61

It has a Content Optimization list every hubber should read.

35. paradigmsearch profile image61

So you don't have to title search it...

http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/110329-122936

1. IzzyM profile image89
      IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's a great link, thanks smile

2. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yeah I agree with IzzyM , excellent link..Thank you paradigmsearch smile

36. IzzyM profile image89
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Well, my traffic has dipped again since yesterday, but only slightly, and tomorrow is the start of the normal weekend fall anyway so it was nice while it lasted smile

I still see an overall boost since last week, however; there must have been some type of artificial traffic yesterday specifically to drive everyone up so high.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)