jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (22 posts)

Am I normal?

1. profile image55
    TheCynicalCitizenposted 9 years ago

I have been here for one week now, published 5 hubs (ranging from 64 to 72 in HubScore) and obtained a personal HubScore of 88. My hubs are receiving 5 visitor/day.

Is that normal or am I under the average?

1. docbenduke profile image53
      docbendukeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

i am not sure that is a bad one...

2. Rochelle Frank profile image95
      Rochelle Frankposted 9 years agoin reply to this

As others said-- you need to give it some time.. As you read suggestions given to others you will find ways to improve your score and your readership.

On a quick read-through I find:
      that most of your hubs are brief-- and on the same subject. Some could have been combined.
      If you write in a program that allows spell-check before posting you will eliminate some errors.
      People tend to skip hubs without images, icons or graphics-- you will improve scores by using some visuals.
      Some research, background or references will help back up your opinions.
      Don't worry about comparing yourselves to others-- but do read some of the high rated hubs to see what they are doing.

2. gamergirl profile image61
    gamergirlposted 9 years ago

Sounds normal to me as long as you're not spamming it up. wink  Don't worry too much about your Hubscore though, my best performing hub flitters between a 75~ hubscore to a 92 and it took nearly a year for me to get up into the 97-99 range in personal score.  There are lots of factors that go into the scores, too.

All in all, the more you focus on your hubs and making a positive impact on the community, the better. smile

3. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 9 years ago

There is no normal - or average.

Gamergirl is right.

Don't obsess about the numbers.
    Do your keyword research, and concentrate on writing good hubs.
    Treat any earnings as a surprise, rather than a target.

If you get the hubs right, the earnings will come (or so they say)

4. Ryan Hupfer profile image69
    Ryan Hupferposted 9 years ago

I just wanted to state that I am indeed NOT normal.  smile

Carry on...

1. Shadesbreath profile image84
      Shadesbreathposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you man.  I would rather be dipped in milkshake and strapped to an anthill before I'd want to be considered normal by anyone.

1. Marian Swift profile image66
        Marian Swiftposted 9 years agoin reply to this

If you two ever have to worry about that, we're ALL in deep doo-doo!

lol

2. profile image66
        Beaksposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Love it! I get so surrounded by normals sometimes I forget that there are real people out there.

5. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 9 years ago

I want to be dipped in a milkshake-- (chocolate please) but isn't that normal?

Yeah, Rochelle, everyone wants that.  I mean, some want Vanilla, some Strawberry or Chocolate, but yeah, that's normal.  If you don't want to be dipped in milkshake there's something wrong with you.  It's the anthill part that separates people.

6. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 9 years ago

Well from the look of your avatar, being on the anthill certainly separated your brain from the rest of your body!

I simply choose to ignore the rest most of the time.  It gets in the way of what matters.

7. laflat7 profile image40
    laflat7posted 9 years ago

i think it is normal too ... i published 3 hubs from 58 to 65 and have 59 in general profile smile

1. laflat7 profile image40
      laflat7posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Wow i am 65 now smile btw sorry for off topic, but i need to know from what this parameter depends and on what it influences ? In FAQ written that "Many factors contribute to our rating scale of 0 to 100" but what kinds are this factors? smile

8. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image69
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 9 years ago

It is not disclosed by the hubpage administrator but with my experience I can asssume some. It depends on your text mainly . About 50% marks are reserved for your contents.
    Number of hits you get to your articles have another major factor.
    Editing and adding new contents also increase marks.
    Comments recieved and use of other tabs e.g. digging or blogging it, e-mailing to a friend, linking to other sites, poll etc also increase marks.

9. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 9 years ago
    1. laflat7 profile image40
      laflat7posted 9 years agoin reply to this

thanks, this info is exactly what i need. smile

10. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

You are welcome smile

Read other Darkside's hubs about Hubpages, too - they are all really good

11. steimmanbernard profile image53
    steimmanbernardposted 9 years ago

so meaning to say some people earning through hubpages as their royalty?

12. Inspirepub profile image81
    Inspirepubposted 9 years ago

Some people earn some money via their HubPages writing, yes, but it's not a royalty. It's revenue from the Pay Per Click advertising on the pages.

Jenny

13. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image69
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 9 years ago

Jenny,Is it not a mix of Royalty as they are paying some (Though a little) for page view?  Please through light.
    Jyoti Kothari

working