Has your city, town or state had an Ebola scare?

Yesterday, in the city in which I work, there was an Ebola scare and not sure if they have determined it is the real thing or malaria or something else. In another city, there was another scare the other day. Do you think there are going to be a lot of "scares" as opposed to the real deal? From my understanding, in order to contract the Ebola virus, one must come into contact with a person who recently traveled to the countries that have an outbreak. The woman just walked into an eye center with a shawl around here. She did not get back to the eye examining room.

RTalloni profile image87

Best Answer RTalloni says

Hi RTalloni,

Exactly!!! Wow, thank you for the great answer here, which is so on point no doubt. You have stated pertinent points for all to consider about all these panic scenarios, to create a lot of media hype. Thank you again!

Hi ChristinS, you summed it up perfectly that there is just a lot of panic when there does not have to be unless one has just traveled from such a country to possibly be infected. Great insight you have shared. Thank you so much!

Patty Inglish, MS profile image88

Patty Inglish (Patty Inglish, MS) says

Hi Patty, Oh, me, that is certainly not good. Yes, she should be charged!!! I am afraid due to people's ignorance on this, there is going to be a lot of "scares" ... or just flat-out doing wrong such as did this woman. Thank you for answering.

kj force profile image76

kjforce (kj force) says

Hi kj force, so nice to see you here. I have missed you around! Yes, it is all so scary, but we need to be mindful how it is contracted before panicking. Hopefully ... not the next "black plague"!!! For sure, keep safe all.

Genna East profile image86

Genna East says

• qeyler profile image

qeyler 2 years ago

In Jamaica we've been having the Chikungunya epidemic. As the Gov. can't do a think about this virus, (it's like Dengue) we know that if Ebola comes here, we are all going to die. If you haven't guessed, there is no real health care here.

lisavollrath profile image89

Lisa Vollrath (lisavollrath) says

Hi lisavollrath, Yes, that is exactly my point ... the misinformation that is being spread to cause panic when doing such does not in way help matters, but actually makes things worse. Thank you for your answer, which I do agree with for sure.

tobusiness profile image85

Jo Alexis-Hagues (tobusiness) says

Hi Jo (tobusiness), I am so glad and, yes, let's hope it is truly slowing down. That is what they were saying at the news conference in my city about them testing for malaria and other things to rule them out. That is sad, when it is preventable.

Sparklea profile image77

Sparklea says

Hi Dear Sparklea, oh, I, too, am such a germ freak too and wash my hands countless times during the day and take other precautions as you have stated here. Great points to keep ourselves rested and our immune system strong. God bless you and yours...

cebutouristspot profile image73

cebutouristspot says

Hello cebutouristspot, yes, the media is blowing everything way out of proportion it seems. We all must truly understand the manner in which Ebola is contracted, before we fly off in panic without any evidence of anyone being in contact with such!

quildon profile image88

Angela Joseph (quildon) says

Hi quildon, I know, that is what I am afraid of, and surely people should realize what harm they are causing by the careless and dumb actions relating to something so serious. Yes, praying!!! Thank you for answering.

sallybea profile image97

Sally Gulbrandsen (sallybea) says

Hi Sallybea, Oh, yes, I understand how it is spread, and my concern is with all the media causing panic with these "scares" when there has not been any reason the person(s) would have Ebola. Thank you for answering. Have a great Sunday!