The Definition of Group
There are varied definition of group in the study of society and culture. There is always a relationship in the identification of collection of people that would like to share their interest, attitudes, motives and beliefs in a particular situation. The relevance of group takes place when we call something a friend, colleague, team mates, classmates, room mates and other form of human action when more than two or more individual interact to each other share their personal experiences and interest in life. These are the common definitions of group:
1. A group is defined as the interdependence and complementation of the share traditions, beliefs, norms and values.
2. A group is the collective effort of the members in a given society with common aspirations, values and behaviors.
3. A group is an organized members of the society with a given purpose, goal, and mission in the institution
4. A group is the process of interaction and communication of the other members of the society.
These are the other definitions of GROUP :
· It is social interaction of the collection of individual with shared beliefs, interest and set of common goals in a particular situation. The social interaction in this definition provides the communicative background on individual to communicate with other people . It is within the idea that “Man is a social being” to interaction with collection of people to share the cultural beliefs, personal interest as directed by a set common goals.
· Its is the sharing of knowledge, attitude and skills as conformed by their individual beliefs and interest guided by common beliefs. In this definition in the personal characteristics provides the basis in identifying particular group that would conform with common beliefs of the group of people.
· It is the acceptance, identification and conformance of the collective interest, ideals, beliefs in a particular societal concentration whether this is profession, vocation, association and other collective interest of the people. The individual has to live specific situation in the society based on the professional, vocational, and personal interest to join in a collection of people accepting certain common shared goals in the society.
These are the common concepts and principles of group
- The group is the provider of information about the experiences and ways of life in the society.
The social interaction is very significant in providing strong influence in learning and receiving information in the group. This is the reason that in the socialization process the member of the group is being influenced by the way they think, feel and learn in a particular situation. The exposure of individual in the group provides a good agent to learn and accept the transmission of culture and society in the society. This is the reason that the group is very powerful in providing the influence of individual to behave according to what is commonly acted by them. It even defines personal characteristics that are similar to certain group as we always say: “The birds of the same feather flock together”. The group behavior provides certain similar personality feature particularly the way they think, act, and behave in the society.
2.The group provides the conformance of certain rules of standards human action.
There is a compliance of specific human action based on the beliefs, interest and attitude as an acceptable standard of the group. This is usually called the social control that provides certain imposition of rule of conduct they may be imposed by the group leader. The certain rules of the group relates the way they commonly infuse their shared beliefs and goals . This is the conformed set of observed beliefs and attitudes that they should follow to be in that group. If the individual may not follow certain human standards of their common goal is not acceptable to stay by them. This is the reason that the group may sometimes not keen in observing the societal norms or rules as they follow what they believe being commonly shared in the group.
3.The group develops the development of the personality of the individual through the socialization process.
The basic unit of society is the family. It is primarily the development of the socialization process of the individual. It also molds the personal characteristics as to his beliefs, attitude, knowledge and skills that may carry on the society. However, the influence of group may alter this personal characteristic once thoroughly exposed in a period of time. The value system is affected in the socialization process on basis of the common shared goal of the group.
4.The group creates the transmission of ideas and information in the process of communication
The personal character is affected usually by the daily interaction of the group members on the way they think, feel and behave in a particular situation. These are modified and adjusted as the exposures of the group provide the transmission of ideas and information that may now influence their personality. It serves as the communication network to share the common goals in their group.
RELEVANT HUBS FOR THE ACADEMIC ARTICLES AND RESEARCHES ON SOCIOLOGY AND ANTHROPOLOGY
A.CULTURE, TRADITION AND HUMAN SOCIETY
The Basic Concepts of Culture in Sociology and Anthropology http://savior.hubpages.com/hub/basicconceptculture
The Human Evolution and Development http://savior.hubpages.com/hub/originhumanevolution
Areas of Sociology http://savior.hubpages.com/hub/Areas-of-Sociology
The Characteristics of Culture http://savior.hubpages.com/hub/Characteristics-of-Culture
The Concept of Beliefs in Sociology and Anthropology http://savior.hubpages.com/hub/beliefsinsocilogy
The Meaning and Concept of Tradition http://savior.hubpages.com/hub/meaningoftradition
The Definition of Group http://savior.hubpages.com/hub/groupdefinition
Group : Its Nature, Principle and Concept in the Development of Society http://savior.hubpages.com/hub/groupsocierty
B. PERSONAL AND SOCIO-POLITICAL EXPLOITATION
The Social Phenomenology of Human Reciprocity and Generosity http://savior.hubpages.com/hub/The-Social-Phenomenology-of-Human-Reciprocity-and-Generosity
The Defining Moment of Human Freedom and Integrity of the Arab Nations http://hubpages.com/hub/Arab-Nations
The Social Phenomenology of the "Rise and Fall Syndrome" in the Arab World http://savior.hubpages.com/hub/The-Social-Phenomenology
The Contemporary International Politics of the Weberian Dialectics on Religion and Social Class http://savior.hubpages.com/hub/internationalpoliticsoftheweberiandialectics
Human Vanity ( Ethics, Morality and Political Culture) http://hubpages.com/hub/Human-Vanity
The Easter Reminder of our Beloved Father on Greed and Vanity http://savior.hubpages.com/hub/The-Easter-Reminder-of-our-Beloved-Father-on-Greed-and-Vanity
Emotional Attachment in the Power of Love http://hubpages.com/hub/Emotional-Attachment-in-the-Power-of-Love
.The Family-Oriented Approach to Human Development: A Social Equity Model for “Family Empowerment” http://hubpages.com/hub/Family-Oriented-Approach
8 Common Characteristics of the Human Society in Year 2020 http://hubpages.com/hub/8-Common-Characteristics-of-the-Human-Society-in-Year-2020