jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

What genre of music do you prefer?

1. thesingernurse profile image82
    thesingernurseposted 6 years ago

What genre of music do you prefer?

What makes it so special to you?

2. yols-a profile image60
    yols-aposted 6 years ago

soca from Trinidad and Tobago pop and soul also like alot of the back in times

3. Rock_nj profile image92
    Rock_njposted 6 years ago

I still like "progressive rock" from the 1970s, but at this point it can definitely be called dinosaur rock.  Regarding more modern music, I like Cold Play and The Verve a lot, but I don't know what genre they fall into (popular rock perhaps)?

4. DJBudd profile image71
    DJBuddposted 6 years ago

I am a big fan of a lot of different genres of music.  My favorite changes with my mood.  Currently I've been playing a lot of Jay-Z, but I like to throw in some Stevie Wonder and Earth Wind and Fire type of music.  Marvin Gaye seems to always be in the mix too. Some of the newer stuff like Flo Rider and LMFAO also makes it's way to my personal play list.

5. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

I like a few different kinds of music and what I listen to often depends on the mood I'm in. In the mornings to get me going pop/rock is my favourite, but if I'm trying to relax at the end of the day then some easy listening/light classical is ideal.

6. Prettyemofarie profile image58
    Prettyemofarieposted 6 years ago

Emo, Screamo, Hard Core.
    Black Veil Brides
    Snow Whites Poison Bite
    Skyscrapers Walk Amoung Us
    Escape the Fate
    Falling in Reverse
    Panic At the Disco
    Bring Me The Hrizon
    The Academy Is...
    As I Lay Dying
    As Blood Runs Black
    Cute Is What We Aim For
    Eyes Set To Kill
    Scars on Brodway

7. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

I love classical music.  It is calming, and I just really enjoy listening to it:)

8. profile image0
    MP50posted 6 years ago

I prefer the music of nature. The crash of a wave, the blow of strong wind, heavy

rainfall and the silence of snow, This is special to me.

9. IJR112 profile image60
    IJR112posted 6 years ago

Classical!  Partly because you can tell how much sweat and tears was poured into making the music and you can tell how genius the composer had to have been.  Also, I just really like listening to it anyways.

10. Alecia Murphy profile image79
    Alecia Murphyposted 6 years ago

I like many kinds of music. Can't say all because that's not entirely true. I'm opening to listening to other genres but my favorites are probably pop rock and r&b. And not everything in each of those genres, just whatever appeals to my ears.

11. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

Mostly classic '80s hard rock/metal and some classic punk. Fave bands include Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Savatage, the Ramones, Judas Priest, KISS, etc., etc.

12. thirdmillenium profile image59
    thirdmilleniumposted 6 years ago

Rock and Roll like it was in the 70s. You might care to have a look at my hub on this.

13. Senoritaa profile image68
    Senoritaaposted 6 years ago

My kind is usually soft rock. To enjoy songs I need a perfect blend of music and lyrics, which I feel is provided by the soft rock bands of the 80s.

14. kimbertheemighty profile image37
    kimbertheemightyposted 6 years ago

I like new wave, it's so upbeat it makes me happy inside:)