jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

The musical genius Prince died today at the age of 57(no it wasn't an internet h

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 22 months ago

The musical genius Prince died today at the age of 57(no it wasn't an internet hoax) due to flu-like

complications.  How do you remember Prince & what type of legacy will he leave in the music industry?  The loss of geniuses-Michael Jackson, David Bowie, Maurice White, and now......Prince.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12983816_f260.jpg

2. elayne001 profile image70
    elayne001posted 22 months ago

sorry to hear about Prince - love his song "Purple Rain"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NN3gsSf-Ys

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 22 months agoin reply to this

When I read the news, I was in disbelief at first.  I thought it was an internet hoax but reading further, verified new reports confirmed his death.  I am IN SHOCK, DEEP SHOCK!!!!!

2. Electro-Denizen profile image84
      Electro-Denizenposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Grace I am too... In some ways I find it bizarre how much it has affected me, like I'm bereaved or something, so odd. I wouldn't and haven't felt this way over any other celebrity death.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 22 months ago

I've never been more than a casual Prince fan (he never really dabbled in anything close to my genres of choice) but I did enjoy the "Purple Rain" film. It's a bummer. He was immensely talented and I respected his "Take no @#$% from the Music Business" stance. R.I.P.

1. ChristinS profile image96
      ChristinSposted 22 months agoin reply to this

I totally agree with this.

4. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 22 months ago

I did like Prince during his "Purple Rain" period.  He was massively talented and very popular, especially with those into his genre of music.  Too young, very sad, he'll be missed.  My thoughts to his loved ones...Paula

5. JG Hemlock profile image79
    JG Hemlockposted 22 months ago

Love Prince's music. Raspberry Beret and The Beautiful ones....RIP

6. Austinstar profile image87
    Austinstarposted 22 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12984095_f260.jpg

I am devastated. Prince was one of my favorite indulgences. His music is in my heart forever. I grew up with Jimi Hendrix, the Isley Brothers, Al Green, and anything Motown.
    This is the music that speaks to me. When I am angry, alone, scared or lonely, the first CD I listen to is Al Green's greatest hits, then as I get into a better mood, I graduate to Prince.
    All I can say is let the music be heard. Heal the world.

7. Electro-Denizen profile image84
    Electro-Denizenposted 22 months ago

He was complete centre stage of my music while growing up.

I've only ever been a fan of one musician, in a fan sense, and that was Prince. His raw musicianship, even if I didn't like all of his music, was inspiring. And behind all of his eccentric behaviour, was this very sweet, perceptive and even shy person.

But I'm not surprised. He burned so brightly in his talents, I actually thought he would go sooner, and live out the reality of his lyrics from Under the Cherry Moon:

"Maybe I'll die young like heroes die... under the Cherry Moon."

It's always sad when iconic or famous people from one's generation die, and the reference points one grew up with are gone. I wondered how I'd feel when Prince died, assuming he died before me.

The answer is very sad and heavy hearted, even tears, There's not one part of my life which isn't linked into some memory of Prince's music. When I followed him less closely, I'd know from the first bar if a new song on the radio was his - like recognising an old friend.

I wish him well on his journey onward and upward. God bless him.

8. LoliHey profile image56
    LoliHeyposted 22 months ago

I find it kind of strange that he died of flu-like complications.  I heard possible overdose.  Strange that Whitney Houston, Heath Leger, Michael Jackson, and Brittany Murphy all died in similar ways.  I wonder about those deaths.

9. pagesvoice profile image86
    pagesvoiceposted 22 months ago

Prince was extremely talented and a groundbreaking entertainer. He was an accomplished musician who could make the guitar talk. When asked why he still lived in cold Minneapolis Prince replied, "The cold keeps the bad people away." We will miss this fabulous icon.

working