Who uses more phone in home husband or Wife?

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (45 posts)
  1. Lgali profile image57
    Lgaliposted 14 years ago

Who uses more phone in home- husband or Wife?

1. andromida profile image57
      andromidaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In home, it must be wife.Outside of home it must be husband

2. TrinaLynne profile image70
      TrinaLynneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The wife usually. Its not even a husband and wife thing. Women use the phone in-home more. Usually. lol

1. Lgali profile image57
        Lgaliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

that is correct

3. csd1509 profile image59
      csd1509posted 14 years agoin reply to this

husband uses mostly his cellphone as he 's out of the house most of the day.. the first answer that pops in my mind is of course the wife, as women are known to go on for hours on the phone gossip around with friends..wink talk nonstop  about their little troublemakers;)

4. whispers of faith profile image60
      whispers of faithposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well im not married but um i would have to say if the man is a workaholic like my man he will be using the phone more than his wife cause the only time i use my phone is to talk to him or family memebers and im rarely ever on it when im with him but when hes with me hes on his phone atleast every hour not all hour just like maybe once every hour

2. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Difficult question to answer as households vary.

3. cashmere profile image76
    cashmereposted 14 years ago

In our house, I do
    (wife)

1. anjalichugh profile image69
      anjalichughposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Same here. smile

4. Jen's Solitude profile image86
    Jen's Solitudeposted 14 years ago

Its not even close in our household. My husband does. big_smile

5. sunstreeks profile image83
    sunstreeksposted 14 years ago

I'm not married(currently taking applications), but...

My father uses his cell phone more often, but mom has longer conversations. I think they are pretty close in minute useage.
    They both use their cells more then I use mine. My parents are cooler then me =P But just 6 or 7 years ago my mom and dad couldn't think of a reason why they would need cell phones.

1. Lgali profile image57

very nice close in minutes

6. Pete Maida profile image59
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

My wife does because she is mainly in charge of scheduling the family business and being the communicator of news.  She also deals with more of the day to day business of the home.

7. RKHenry profile image63
    RKHenryposted 14 years ago

My mom! My dad hates phones.  If you want to get a hold of him you'd have to call his shop; were he has a phone from the 1970's still installed.  If he is on the road, too bad- he refuses to carry a cell phone with him. 

Now my mom, couldn't survive without one.  She's an Art Broker.  All her business is done by phone.

So I guess it all depends on who you are.  I pawned my cell phone for a text book I needed last semester.  Needless to say, my mom bought it back.  But I'm more like my dad.  I don't give a crap about what people are doing, and I hate driving while talking on a cell phone.

8. Lgali profile image57
    Lgaliposted 14 years ago

mostly wife use more phone

9. Ladybird33 profile image65
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

The wifes-working on all the details they need to firm up from children, activities, husbands, entertainment,etc...that's my best guess.

1. Lgali profile image57

yes they need more

2. Lgali profile image57

yes i agree

10. Maddie Ruud profile image73
    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

I don't have a husband, a wife, or a home phone, so I really can't help you wink

1. Lgali profile image57

thansk for comments

11. kerryg profile image83
    kerrygposted 14 years ago

In my house, it's my husband by far. I hate talking on the phone and avoid it as much as possible. My husband is more or less glued to his. (Mainly work-related, but it helps that his extended family is about 10 times the size of mine too.)

12. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

We are not married, but neither my partner or I like phones--especially cell phones--they are annoying, with people feeling now that they can call weekends and nights for business or anything else and that it is acceptable.

His two kids are the ones glued to the phones, wink.

13. tksensei profile image59
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

Technological changes bring changes in social and business norms. It is inevitable. Some folks get angry and resistant at first but usually come around unless they live very sheltered lives.

1. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

An architect and a PR representative do not live very sheltered lives, TK.  We are very busy. 

Stop following me.  This is my real name, this is who I am, and I can't have pathetic internet trolls attacking at every juncture. I have requested that you be banned.

14. tksensei profile image59
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

I was addressing the topic. Stop addressing me personally. Show a little self control.

1. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Everyone is on to your game, TK.  And if staff decides NOT to ban you...then you and your ilk...pathetic trolls, are welcome to the forums and to Hubpages.  For slowly, but surely, everyone else will abandon the site.  I know that I will if this continues.

And I WILL report you to whatever authorities are out there for internet stalking, guaranteed.

15. Kidgas profile image62
    Kidgasposted 14 years ago

wife uses phone more

1. Lgali profile image57

this is a trend

16. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

My Parrot Jado. He is always calling his girlfriend.

1. glendoncaba profile image74
      glendoncabaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Love this big_smile

17. Nolimits Nana profile image92
    Nolimits Nanaposted 14 years ago

It helps to have a speaker phone - we can both talk! My husband definitely uses the phone more - he's a more social animal than me.

1. Lgali profile image57

different trend

18. LIZA123 profile image61
    LIZA123posted 14 years ago

This is definately an easy quesion for me to answer its definately my husband he's never off the phone.

19. stephanie mclain profile image59
    stephanie mclainposted 14 years ago

When I had my cell phone I was on it constantly either talking or texting, but now that I have gotten rid of my cell I don't talk near as much.

That being said, I still can talk to some family and friends for hours. haha. I talk to my great aunt a lot and we will easily talk for 2 hours sometimes. smile So, my phone use really depends on who I'm talking to.

My husband on the other hand only uses the phone maybe once a week.

20. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

Well I use the phone more only because we have cell phones and when he is on his too much I turn it off. He would use the phone way more if he could...

21. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

When I was married, my hubby definitely used the phone more. He hated the phone, but once he got on it, he was committed and the call would last forever. I just made more little short calls to schedule something for the kids.

22. Eaglekiwi profile image76
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Wife -most
    Teenagers-Longest
    Hubby-least

23. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 14 years ago

Women makes more phone calls especially those who do not have any job.

24. Lunalu profile image60
    Lunaluposted 14 years ago

In my opion, it is diffrent situation in the different family. For my family, husband use more.

25. glendoncaba profile image74
    glendoncabaposted 14 years ago

Wife of course.  But half the time its business, which means income for family so I'm not complaining.

I hate to be on phone unless it's business or a very very important need.  Like saying "hello darling".  smile

I believe the cell phone is intrusive, and prefer to use missed call feature for time management.

26. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Wife and I are tied, especially since we had to cancel our phone service recently.

27. CEN7777 profile image59
    CEN7777posted 14 years ago

In my house its me who uses the phone more than any body in house. I use it more for bussiness purpose than personal one.

28. profile image0
    rajalakshmyposted 14 years ago

Whoever uses the phone , the poor husband has to pay the bill

29. Davinagirl3 profile image59
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

My husband is a phone freak.  He just got a new phone and he carries it on him where ever he goes.

30. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

The kids smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)