jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

im a kid and he says i have to wait a year but all my friends have dogs and i ca

1. profile image43
    puppylover999posted 8 years ago

im a kid and he says i have to wait a year but all my friends have dogs and i cant wait what do i do

im not talking to my dad so soon he might give in and try to talk to me and then he will have to give me a dog or ill never speake to him agen

2. Happyontheinside profile image84
    Happyontheinsideposted 8 years ago

Maybe if you prove to your dad that you're responsible before the end of the year he'll let you have it? Try asking him if you can get it early if you're really well behaved and see what he says. I really wanted a dog when I was younger as well - and I still don't have one! I found one that I fell in love with on my holiday but he didn't have a doggy passport and I couldn't afford to bring him home.

Try to understand that although you really, really want the dog sometimes it isn't fair on the animal that you own it. What I mean is that it's not fair for the animal to be stuck in the house all day if there is nobody around for him to play with. What if he needs the toilet and there's nobody in to let him out? Or what if you can't really afford to feed it properly - or you can't walk it by yourself cause he's too strong?

I don't think you're dad is trying to hurt you by denying you the dog, I think he is looking out for the best interests of the animal and your family. Hang on in there, play nice and I'm sure he'll give in eventually. Remember to be good to your parents because at the end of the day they won't be around forever.

3. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

You are not old enough to be on HubPages.  (Even most who are chronologically old enough are not old enough mentally, but that is another story.)

If this is a legitimate question, by your wording and attitude, he is entirely correct in not letting you have a dog.  You are a spoiled brat.

BTW, so "all" your friends have a dog -- so what?

4. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

See my article about getting a puppy; I believe that's where you found me. Read the comments and such again. If you give him the silent treatment, you're just showing that you're too immature.

I have tips in the hub and within the comments. Check them out.

Number one tip is to find out why your dad doesn't want a dog and go from there.

Here's the link again:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/how-to-get-a-new-dog

working