Were you going to adopt a child (some children) if you were judged not to have a

1. Abhaque Supanjang profile image81
    Abhaque Supanjangposted 6 years ago

Were you going to adopt a child (some children) if you were judged not to have any children ?

For example, you have got married for several years, and you are still not given any children in your your marriage, what will you do ?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

We were married 11 years before our first child was born.  We did not want children for the first 6 or so years but then I had an ectopic pregnancy and after that it just didn't seem to happen.  We started the adoption process, and we nearing the waiting period for a child and - I suddenly was pregnant. I guess that is a common happening when people are getting ready to adopt.  So we passed on adoption and ended up having 2 children of our own.

3. N.E. Wright profile image80
    N.E. Wrightposted 6 years ago

I ... know several people who have adopted children, but not many of them were couples.  The couples I have seen were gay. 

Though I did have an ex-boyfriend from Africa who once admitted he would never adopt a child, because he did not want people to look down on him.  It would not make him look manly I believe was his fear.  I did not respect him for that.  I found it weak to be honest.

I would not care what people thought about my adopting a child.  Not that I would tell people.  I would be more concerned about the child. People have a bad habit of making a child feel like something different once they learn that he or she is a foster or adoptive child.  I have seen it and though they may not mean any harm it is harmful. 

As for your answer, in my opinion, I would ask myself do I care what others think about my not being able to have any children more than I care about being able to have a child by adopting?  I think it all depends on how secure one is in themselves.

I would adopt a child in a minute.  I do not give a damn what others think of me.  I am not that smart.  LOL.