jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

Do you like being married?

1. ligiaogl profile image58
    ligiaoglposted 6 years ago

Do you like being married?

2. lockgirl profile image60
    lockgirlposted 6 years ago

I loved being married when the marriage was equal but when it went one sided no.

3. G.L.A. profile image82
    G.L.A.posted 6 years ago

After 47 years of marriage (to the same person), I am certain that the answer to your question is.. sometimes yes, and sometimes no. It's sad that most people do not allow themselves time to enjoy a 'ripe' marital relationship. It's like a never-ending 'virtual' piece of fruit.. there's good times to take a bite, and not so good times to take a bite. It's yummy at the right times, and sour as hell at the wrong times. However, the wrong times just make the right times seem even better. Today's society usually wants 100% perfection, 100% of the time.. Too bad. They really are missing the boat..

4. Vinaya Ghimire profile image89
    Vinaya Ghimireposted 6 years ago

I can't see myself as a married man and raising kids.

5. xkamronx profile image60
    xkamronxposted 6 years ago

When I get married some day, I'll let you know. I'm pretty nervous about raising a child though; don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the experience, I just hope I do a good job.

6. renegadetory profile image98
    renegadetoryposted 6 years ago

I love being married.  It will be our one year anniversary onthe 7th.  We've been together for 5 years and have one 17 month old daughter and a son due November 26th.

What's awesome is that both me and my husband were single for a very long time and when we found each other, we appreciate each other so much more because of that.  Everyday I feel truly blessed to have my husband in my life.

7. ubanichijioke profile image77
    ubanichijiokeposted 6 years ago

I look forward to getting married someday. I will relish every privilege of it.

I hope it will be blissful. When i see genuinely happy couples, i feel at peace.

When the time come[s], i will duly do that

8. breathe2travel profile image82
    breathe2travelposted 6 years ago

Yes, I do!  It's not always easy, but when we give our all, it's worth it. 
    I love raising our children together -- the arduous task is the most fulfilling "vocation" I've experienced!
    While there have been times my husband and I have both wanted to throw the proverbial towel "in" -- when I consider throwing away all that we've accomplished, endeavored and succeeded in, there is no way!  We just keep swimming, swimming (Dorey in Nemo!).
    I am happily married, I love my family.  Every journal entry ends with "I love my family".

9. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I love being married.  Have been married to the same man for 40 years and like all relationships there have been good times and a few not so good times.  But I love having that one person always in my corner, willing to fight for me and knowing that he will always be there.  He's the one I want to share things with and I look forward to him coming home and still get a funny feeling in my stomach when he comes in.  good stuff.

10. Beingbbw profile image57
    Beingbbwposted 6 years ago

I absolutely love it being married. There however have been times when I stop to ask if it's worth the effort at all. Marriage is not a level ground, there are the happy times and no so good times but it's mainly down to you and how you deal with things in the marriage that determines if you will have more happy times or otherwise. learning to forgive, respect for each other and keep talking has been the key to my so many happy times. it's definitely worth the effort if you are with the right person.

11. vox vocis profile image83
    vox vocisposted 6 years ago

I've been married for a week and I must say: nothing has changed except for the fact that we're wearing rings. We got used to each other a long time ago, but the rings still take getting used to LOL

Being married certainly doesn't feel "as free", but when the time comes to make a family "of your own" you figure that you can't do it alone!

12. carolp profile image81
    carolpposted 6 years ago

I have been married for 19 years now. I like being a mother of 2 children and a wife. It is the period where i stop finding someone to live with until death. My life has anchored and is sailing peacefully, safely, and happily. Hope it will until the end.

13. profile image0
    lostwithinmyselfposted 6 years ago

I been married for 6 years, but been with him for 12 years. I would say sometimes i do like being married. It has its ups and downs i guess. x

14. epatera profile image60
    epateraposted 6 years ago

A wise women once said the key to staying married is never falling out of love at the same time.  Of course my marriage has its ups and downs, but weathering the downs makes you appreciate the ups.  And while the dirty socks on the floor and dishes in the sink make me nuts, I wouldn't trade it for the world.