jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

My partner wants me and our baby to move out.

1. Abzolution profile image60
    Abzolutionposted 6 years ago

My partner wants me and our baby to move out.

He just quit his job and is convinced we are the cause of all his troubles. He thinks he'll be the next Donald Trump without us. Should I leave quietly but with head held high ? Or have a screaming match with him in the hope that reality might kick in.

2. Dexter Yarbrough profile image82
    Dexter Yarbroughposted 6 years ago

Since you asked, I think you should leave quietly and not look behind you. Hold your head high, don't argue and remain positive. After you do this, watch your life change drastically for the better.

You can do bad all by yourself. You don't need someone to fault you for their own insecurities and failures. The term "partner" has real meaning.

3. mkott profile image79
    mkottposted 6 years ago

Obviously his priorities has nothing to do with you and the baby.  You deserve better.  Keep your head held high and you do what is right for you and the baby.  I wish I had done that 18 years ago because my life would have been much better.  Believe in yourself, you can do it without him.  You go Girl!

4. cloudrider profile image59
    cloudriderposted 6 years ago

Wow really?.... First partner is not husband in my world... Priorities totally wrong in this guy's world.  Donald Trump has a wife LOL actually he has had two wives and a bunch of kids... Leave the guy! I'm speaking as a mother of 4 who has been married ten years to a previous business owner turned into a stay at home daddy out of situational circumstances.  After all screaming around the children is not acceptable adult behavior.  The reality was always there it just needs to kick in for you...

Best of Luck

5. Abzolution profile image60
    Abzolutionposted 6 years ago

Thank you for answers guys, it's really helped me gain some confidence. It's just the advice I needed. x

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I think you should take your child and leave quietly with dignity and integrity.  Someone who will blame you for all of his troubles is not going to change.  Go and make a wonderful life for yourself.

7. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

You should do as you see fit or feel justified to do.  Take your stand.  Demand the support of your babe.

However, the very last place that I want to be, is  where I have been declared  unwelcome.   I can not see that my 'screaming' would make me welcome.

8. cobrien profile image77
    cobrienposted 6 years ago

Actually, why should you have to disrupt your baby by moving. With Dad gone, baby will need the security of familiarity (home, bed, routine). Your baby should come first. If he wants to end it, make him leave.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

This is my sentiment exactly!

9. profile image0
    Starmom41posted 5 years ago

sounds like you'd both be better off without him.
    also, if you stay, the situation could get worse.