jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Who was the discipline manager in your household (mom or dad)?

1. LailaK profile image77
    LailaKposted 6 years ago

Who was the discipline manager in your household (mom or dad)?

2. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

Neither.  When we were little we didn't do anything all that wrong, so someone would just ask us not to do whatever it was.  That was it.

When we were older and DID do stuff we shouldn't do, both parents would be there for an intense lecture session, most often about how we'd disappointed them and/or how some stuff "leads to trouble"  - that kind of thing.

It was very effective, I must say.  I learned how to  hide my wrong-doing much more effectively because of it.   lol

3. ImYoungAtHeart profile image75
    ImYoungAtHeartposted 6 years ago

Well in our household it was me. In fact when my daughter was 16 she told me that did I realize that her dad never said no to her.  I just started laughing and said you figured that out a long time ago dear daughter even if you are just admitting it now. And that is why you always called me the mean mama because I made you clean up your rooms and was able to say No to the requests that needed that answer.  Your puppy dog eyes never worked on me dear. 

When a dad lets the 16 yr old daughter's  boyfriend who is 18 sleep with her in her bedroom, that shows how little parenting he did.  She didn't like the rules I set with bf not allowed in her room at my house so our relationship suffered a bit for that year and half.  But she did respect those rules then and me more now I think too.

So now her dad is 50 with a new family and a new baby daughter to spoil all over again.  All I can say is good luck with that.

4. freemarketingnow profile image58
    freemarketingnowposted 6 years ago

Mom did most of the low-level disciplining (like if we were playing games instead of doing homework). Dad dealt with the serious stuff (like if we got suspended for getting in a fight at school).