What is your favorite vegetable?

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (30 posts)
  1. oceansnsunsets profile image85
    oceansnsunsetsposted 13 years ago

What is your favorite vegetable?

Looking for new ideas to eat a bit more healthy!

2. PhoenixV profile image65
    PhoenixVposted 13 years ago

I like asparagus and brussel sprouts for healthy veggies, I also like corn.

3. Jo Deslaurier profile image69
    Jo Deslaurierposted 13 years ago

Sweet potato french fries. Once they're crispy and covered in ketchup they're just like regular fries except full of vitamins.

4. Ruchira profile image77
    Ruchiraposted 13 years ago

Any green vegetable that is cooked well...I can ingest it smile

5. Claudin_Dayo profile image60
    Claudin_Dayoposted 13 years ago

I love Lady's Finger.. smile) and banana blossom be it burgered or with coconut milk as salad

6. sabrinaaq profile image59
    sabrinaaqposted 13 years ago

I can't decide I like a lot of vegetables.

7. jennyjenny profile image59
    jennyjennyposted 13 years ago

Hands down - green beans! but I really love everything except peas, okra and lima beans!  smile

8. glenn wallace profile image68
    glenn wallaceposted 13 years ago

Artichokes!
    You can eat the whole thing when they're young, and if left on the stalk they actually make a very pretty flower.

9. gfarmer profile image71
    gfarmerposted 13 years ago

Broccoli, corn, potatoes and green beans!

10. Dee aka Nonna profile image61
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 13 years ago

Never met a vegetable I didn't like.  I have, over the years, experimented with different ways to cook and serve them so that my children would get them.  Some worked, some didn't.

11. zamboy321 profile image68
    zamboy321posted 13 years ago

young ampalaya (bittier gourd) leaves and squash flowers

12. PMS9 profile image66
    PMS9posted 13 years ago

I like all eatable green vegetables, and potatoes are my favorite, it is high in carbohydrates and a good source of protein.

13. justinskier profile image60
    justinskierposted 13 years ago

I really enjoy brussel sprouts! Sauted in butter and garlic = Yummy

14. Somesh Dutt profile image60
    Somesh Duttposted 13 years ago

Potato... it mixes up with all the other veggies so well. Boil it, Fry it, roast it, it tastes so nice either which ways.

15. JohnBarret profile image60
    JohnBarretposted 13 years ago

I love potatoes, mashed or mixed with other vegetables or in slices, in any form.

16. alexandriaruthk profile image69
    alexandriaruthkposted 13 years ago

My favorite vegetables are : broccoli, cauliflower and tomatoes

17. Cedar Cove Farm profile image61
    Cedar Cove Farmposted 13 years ago

I am really very simple.  I love asparagus and green beans.  Nothing fancy.

18. SaMcNutt profile image60
    SaMcNuttposted 13 years ago

Broccoli, but cooked is my favorite way to eat it.

19. Jaynie2000 profile image84
    Jaynie2000posted 13 years ago

Broccoli, for sure. But I also love corn, carrots, fresh green beans, green peppers, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, pea pods, mushrooms, raw spinach, stewed tomatoes, onions, celery, and cucumbers. I also love a variety of fresh herbs, especially cilantro, dill and basil.

20. Craan profile image78
    Craanposted 13 years ago

My favorite vegetable is broccoli rabe sauteed in fresh garlic and olive oil with a pinch of sea salt.

21. EmmaMedu profile image69
    EmmaMeduposted 13 years ago

Broccoli, they have beautiful green color and are very healthy.

22. Windsweptplains profile image60
    Windsweptplainsposted 13 years ago

I love vegetables, but potatoes (especially sweet potatoes) are one my favorites because they are so versatile.

23. Debby Bruck profile image67
    Debby Bruckposted 13 years ago

Veggies are yummy. Hard to pick just one as they say. I'll go with carrots. They're superb cooked and add flavor to every dish like stews, and salads. They are handy for dips and munching. Their color is bright and helps the eyes. Carrots sound snappy with a crunch and go great in a lunch box. Even bunny rabbits love them.

24. acaetnna profile image72
    acaetnnaposted 13 years ago

Without a doubt runner beans, followed closely by sprouts and then peas and broccoli!

25. thismamaworksit profile image61
    thismamaworksitposted 13 years ago

I love brocilli. I also make salads using baby spinach which is good. And if all else fails I try drink a v8 everyday.

26. rajni2422 profile image57
    rajni2422posted 13 years ago

Stuffed bell pepper is my favourite.I love the stuffing.Its taste is awesome.

27. clearblue99 profile image60
    clearblue99posted 13 years ago

cucumber or carrot  i like them both a lot

28. profile image0
    Derdriuposted 13 years ago

It's difficult to choose any one vegetable but broccoli is definitely one of my favorite vegetables --- straight up with butter or in a casserole or with carrots, etc.

29. L.C. Smith profile image61
    L.C. Smithposted 13 years ago

I'll take a potato in just about any form...any day of the week.  The "healthiest" veggie I enjoy is yellow squash.

30. Pamela99 profile image88
    Pamela99posted 13 years ago

I love most vegetable but broccoli is my favorite, raw or cooked properly.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)