jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Cereal - Do you love it or hate it?

1. LoriSoard profile image74
    LoriSoardposted 6 years ago

Cereal - Do you love it or hate it?

I really dislike cereal. It tastes gross without milk, but milk makes it soggy. It is one of those foods that I hardly ever eat. In fact, the last time I ate it was at someone's house who had different cereals for breakfast and I didn't want to be rude, so I choked it down (hope they don't read this). My husband and kids eat is as a meal, though.

2. katedonavon profile image74
    katedonavonposted 6 years ago

I love cereal! I eat it every morning for breakfast and sometimes in the afternoon or evening as a snack or light meal. When I can't sleep at night I often get hungry, so I get up, have some cereal, and go back to bed. Usually I can sleep after that. To me it seems a little strange that someone would have a deep distaste for cereals, but there are other foods I don't appreciate, so I guess to each their own!

3. Adamowen profile image80
    Adamowenposted 6 years ago

I sometimes consume cereal both with and without milk. I add milk if it is part of a meal and just plain if I want something to snack on.

4. lucybell21 profile image81
    lucybell21posted 6 years ago

I like cereal, and I eat it a few times a week. Sometimes I eat it for a snack when I can't find anything else.

5. ChristyWrites profile image83
    ChristyWritesposted 6 years ago

I like a bowl of cereal in the morning. It does depend on the kind of cereal of course. I like ones with grains such as Kashi.

6. teaches12345 profile image94
    teaches12345posted 6 years ago

I don't know if oatmeal is considered cereal but I do eat this almost every morning.  I add fruit, nuts, flaxseed or hempseed to make it even more nutritious. I do not add any milk unless it is almond.  If someone offers cereal for breakfast (it is a kindness in general), they might consider serving muffins, whole fruits, bacon, or some type of bread (toast, etc.) to complete the meal.

7. profile image0
    paralegalproposted 6 years ago

I love cereal. When I was single it was a dinner time staple for me. Unfortunately, I tended towards the ones with less nutritional value and more taste. I guess I still do, but I'm not eating it as often as I used to. Still, it makes for a wonderfully easy meal when you get home late from work and are just too tired to cook a meal.

8. Daughter Of Maat profile image94
    Daughter Of Maatposted 6 years ago

I have one cereal, and only one, that I can actually like. I'm not really a breakfast person, although I force myself to eat it to jump start my metabolism for the day. I eat Kashi's toasted berry crumble every morning in vanilla almond milk.

9. brenda12lynette profile image85
    brenda12lynetteposted 6 years ago

I prefer eggs and turkey sausage for breakfast. The protein gives me more energy than most cereals.

10. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

cereal is yummy and if you eat it right away it doesn't really get soggy in milk. Add some fresh fruit or nuts to it...it makes a difference, depending on the cereal you're eating.

11. LoriSoard profile image74
    LoriSoardposted 6 years ago

Thanks everyone for all the great input. I agree with brenda. I prefer something like eggs and turkey sausage or turkey bacon. However, I know I'm in the minority in not liking cereal. By the way, I have about six types in my pantry even though I don't like it because my family loves it. I also do enjoy oatmeal. I don't really count that as a cereal, though.