jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Do you ever eat baked beans on their own?

1. JakeFrost profile image59
    JakeFrostposted 5 years ago

Do you ever eat baked beans on their own?

2. Denise Handlon profile image88
    Denise Handlonposted 5 years ago

Jake, you are cracking me up with your questions, haha   How do you come up with some of these?   Oh, wait...you are asking these based on your recent experiences, aren't you?  LOL     Sure...baked beans on their own, heated in a pot, or heated in a can over the campfire-you just have to make sure you don't do what a friend of mine did.  He put an unopened, unvented can of beans over the coals and soon enough it exploded, flew up about 20 feet into the air, and rained down baked beans all over the campsite, us and the tents!   It was not a pretty site, hee hee.

1. JakeFrost profile image59
      JakeFrostposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Haha, coincidentally about 112 minutes ago I was eating beans smile

2. Denise Handlon profile image88
      Denise Handlonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I would have surmised that you were doing that, haha.  Thus, the question.   You are funny!     Well, I'm glad you liked my true story.  LOL

3. IDONO profile image82
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

I'm glad you are there and I am here!
         I think it is a good question. Why do people think you have to eat beans WITH something? Do they think it dilutes them? I think not. I make cold baked bean sandwiches all the time with American cheese on it. ( They counteract each other)
         Do people ever grab a raw carrot and eat it? Yes. Celery? Yes. Do you eat brussel sprouts with chocolate pudding? Forget that one.
         JakeFrost. I'm a bean man myself. Look at my picture. Do you think I got this way eating ToFu?

4. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

Hi Jake,
    I've never met a bean I haven't liked:)  Can't say I've opened baked beans to eat alone.( I usually finish them as unadorned leftovers) but wouldn't hestitate if the cupboards were bare.

5. profile image73
    ElleBeeposted 5 years ago

I definitely eat baked beans on their own.  Just as I would a cup of soup or simiilar.  Warm you up on a cold day.

working