jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)

How many of you eat squash?

1. suzzycue profile image93
    suzzycueposted 5 years ago

How many of you eat squash?

We never ate squash in my family when I was growing up and my parents still don't. I am just now learning how nutrious it is and how wonderful it tastes.

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I love squash, all kinds.  I never ate it growing up either. I was a picky eater so there was nothing like that served. I didn't even taste broccoli until I was 22.  One of the things I love about squash is how versatile it is.  Good with everything.

suzzycueposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Wow isn't that something that we both never ate it as a kid. Thank you duffsmom for your comment.

3. Sinea Pies profile image76
    Sinea Piesposted 5 years ago

I do! I love butternut squash and spaghetti squash.

My favorites too. Thanks for your answer.

4. xanzacow profile image72
    xanzacowposted 5 years ago

I was a picky child as well. I did not eat it. I think maybe it tastes better to the more mature taste buds????? I love it now!

5. Bettyoverstreet10 profile image74
    Bettyoverstreet10posted 5 years ago

Answering a question, turned into a new hub! Enjoy this Butternut Squash recipe! read more

6. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 5 years ago

I love squash, though I know many don't........it's so tasty!

7. sherrituck profile image87
    sherrituckposted 5 years ago

I love squash.  Being a southern girl, I enjoy my squash strait from the garden. 
    When I was younger, yellow squash was a summer staple.  I don't think that there is anything better than squash and onions, fresh green beans with new potatoes, and garden-fresh tomatoes.  Oh, and don't forget the cornbread.

8. NMLady profile image65
    NMLadyposted 5 years ago

Well, of course!! I have at least 3 nice squash recipes on HUB. Had grilled squash last night  at a lovely restaurant.  It is yummy!!

9. Francesca27 profile image76
    Francesca27posted 5 years ago

I not only eat squash cooked, I pickle it too... check out my Pickled Yellow Squash recipe Hub.

10. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

I adore summer squash sauteed in olive oil and sea salt.....OMG!!! Does that count?? lol!!

Yes of course it counts. I love it that way myself. Thanks for your answer.

working