jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

What's the good going price for a bushel of golden delicious apples?

1. TheHoleStory profile image80
    TheHoleStoryposted 4 years ago

What's the good going price for a bushel of golden delicious apples?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8478891_f260.jpg

2. Ericdierker profile image56
    Ericdierkerposted 4 years ago

Easy -- priceless!!

I would give five bucks for just one right now.

1. TheHoleStory profile image80
      TheHoleStoryposted 4 years agoin reply to this

We could make a rather profitable business here Eric. I paid $20 for this bushel of apples, which I know is a very good price. There are around 90 apples in this box, and with your $5.00 an apple offer we could all retire from the profits in no time!

2. Ericdierker profile image56
      Ericdierkerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sorry that just cannot happen. I would eat all the profits ;-)

3. The Examiner-1 profile image74
    The Examiner-1posted 4 years ago

I do not know since I stopped eating apples a while ago. I had read about apples and grapes being two fruits which contained - or held onto - a certain poison or disease. I do not remember which. It was a while back since I read it.

4. Marina7 profile image81
    Marina7posted 4 years ago

A bushel is about 48 pound or 8 gallon. At Walmart they want at least $ 1.50 for 1 pound of apples and sometimes at lease $ 2.50 per pound. So for 48 pound you could get at least $ 62 if not more.

5. StoneCircle profile image89
    StoneCircleposted 4 years ago

Well, you have to take my location into consideration. I live 2 miles away from 4 apple orchards. That being said, I pay 20 to 25 dollars for a bushel of apples.
    I pay 10 to 15 dollars a bushel for drops. Drops are on the ground, and best used in apple sauce. Some of the apple orchards I have been to charge by the type of apple  vs. a straight bushel price.
    I would imagine the farther away you get, the higher the price due to shipping costs.

working