Which cut of steak do you like the best?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 53 discussions (61 posts)
  1. sim0n30 profile image60
    sim0n30posted 13 years ago

I go through various feeling about this, i used to say sirloin, then i went for rib eye, but these days i seem to be going for rump more and more!

1. qwark profile image59
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't eat beef.
      It's too damned hard to digest.
      It can sit in your bowels and rot!
      Naw, I'll pass on this subject.sad
      Qwark

2. averageguypov profile image60
      averageguypovposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ribeye. The is by far my favorite. Also, its not just the cut but how its cooked as well. Medium rare for me. When I worked in a restraunt when people would order a steak, especially the filet (overrated), and ask for it well done or butterflied it would make me sad. Might as well eat beef jerky imo.

3. cheaptrick profile image75
      cheaptrickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to the club...Yaaa,I like that Rump allot.Yaaa,love that rump:)
      Seriously though,it's got to be Delmonico on a grill with just a hint of mesquite smoke and very rare.The best!

4. chinesegreentea profile image58
      chinesegreenteaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I like the fillet Mignon very much. It is a steak cut of beef taken from the tenderloin, or psoas major of the beef carcass, usually a steer or heife.
      So I like the tender beef very much.

2. reversecharles profile image57
    reversecharlesposted 13 years ago

Porterhouse!

3. Supreme Galooty profile image60
    Supreme Galootyposted 13 years ago

Favorite steak: It ALWAYS changes and frequently depends on the location. In a high end steakhouse it is always the New York strip. In a low end cafe or steakhouse it's always the sirloin. At home it varies depending on mood, and also availability at the market. T-bone, porterhouse, rib eye (cooked a little extra due to the high fat content,) they're all great. The only cut I DON'T prefer is the tenderloin. If you notice, the tenderloins always cry out for a sauce of one sort or another. Otherwise they would have no flavour at all.

4. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

Just finished a flat-iron for dinner.  They're a great value because most people are not familiar with them.

Little known fact:  The tenderloin (fillet mignon) is the tenderest cut, but lacks flavor.  Second most tender? Flat-iron, which has a lot more flavor.

5. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

I have never been steakist in my life so all of the cuts are best.

6. sim0n30 profile image60
    sim0n30posted 13 years ago

Yeah i would say fillet is my least favourite cut, it is usually accompanied by an overly rich sauce as it does lack flavour. I like the sound of the flat-iron!

7. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

If you were waiting for answers before you ate... then you died two weeks ago! smile

Which cut of steak do I like best? hmm

Def the piece that doesn't go "Mooooooooooooo!!" when I wrap my mouth around it!! big_smile

Did I have the right end of your question? hmm

8. Jaynie2000 profile image83
    Jaynie2000posted 13 years ago

Definitely filet mignon.

9. Canklefish profile image81
    Canklefishposted 13 years ago

Ribeye, which is actually the same cut of beef as prime rib, only prepared differently. Nice fatty piece of meat, which makes for nice marbling and great beef flavor.

10. bbqspices59 profile image62
    bbqspices59posted 13 years ago

Ribeye is the best for me because it has the best beef flavor.
    I would suggest the bone in because it has more flavor with the bone in. You can get a butcher to cut it for you or some meat departments already have it out. Of course, it is more costly, but compared to steak houses, it's worth the money. It's also easy to cook. another good cut is tri-tip but you must not over-cook it. Cook it no more done than medium because it will be chewy if cooked any more than that. the quality of the beef also makes a difference, so look for USDA prime but if not that, choice is good also.

11. craigb182 profile image60
    craigb182posted 13 years ago

For sheer quality it has to be the fillet. However the T-bone provides the tenderness of the fillet on one side.

12. profile image0
    cherriesageposted 13 years ago

Ribeye has immaculate flavor and tends to melt in your mouth upon eating. I love the ribeye!

13. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 13 years ago

Which ever cut is on the plate I'm happen to be eating from.  I love any and all steak.  No favorites.  Just bring on the meat.

14. starme77 profile image76
    starme77posted 13 years ago

Ribeye all the way smile Med - Rare with a1 and some hot sauce and a fried tater or two smile

15. cre8tive profile image81
    cre8tiveposted 13 years ago

Rare rib-eye if I'm cooking it to eat there and then, preferably with thick homemade paprika chunky chips and peppercorn or red wine sauce (which may or may not be homemade depending on how lazy I'm feeling) plus a bit of rocket on the side.

If I'm doing it for a thai beef salad, which is the other steak staple dish I do then it's rare fillet, wrapped and cooled for 24hrs.

And now I'm hungry ..... and suddenly chicken sitr fry isn't sounding quite so good ...

16. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

Just mash potatoes with gravy, please...

17. j.amie profile image59
    j.amieposted 13 years ago

Cowboy rib-eye!  I love how Ruth's Chris does it....mmmmm.

18. TammyHammett profile image61
    TammyHammettposted 13 years ago

Filet all the way!!!! Rib-eye comes in a close second.  I just don't want to see any red juice on my plate.

19. Shadesbreath profile image76
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

Rib eye, for sure.

20. eovery profile image60
    eoveryposted 13 years ago

If I am broiling it myself, I will take a T-bone, thick.  If I go to a good restaurant, I will take a Filet Mognon.

21. MissE profile image77
    MissEposted 13 years ago

Filet mignon, medium.  I had one that was stuffed with sauteed onions, garlic, and mushrooms and it was SOOOOOOO goooood!!!!!  Steak is my fav. food though so I wouldn't turn down any of the cuts! big_smile

22. joleenruffin profile image60
    joleenruffinposted 13 years ago

I used to say filet mignon or a new York steak but lately I have been tasting some really good brisket. I know that the fattier the cut the better...so I don't indulge too often.

23. lilibees profile image61
    lilibeesposted 13 years ago

New York Strip, t-bone both yumo's.

24. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

A thick Porterhouse, cooked Pittsburg rare!

25. j.amie profile image59
    j.amieposted 13 years ago

I have a 20 oz ribeye in my fridge now to go along with the snow crab legs that we'll be having for Christmas...and a nice Chateauneuf du Pape!

26. profile image0
    Dalyinxposted 13 years ago

I prefer filet mignon or prime rib.

1. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I vote that up Dalyinx. MMMM!

27. philzgrill profile image62
    philzgrillposted 13 years ago

I like the Porterhouse by far.  It's an absolute joy to cook and eat!

28. ediggity profile image61
    ediggityposted 13 years ago

T Bone medium, or Tri Tip.

29. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

I used to think it was wonderful. Then we just stopped eating it for several months and when I had one after that,  it tasted great but it made my head feel odd later.. Not a headache, but an "almost headache".

So, another few months and I had a hamburger. Same thing, tasted great but not so great later.

I went a year without beef, tried a hamburger once again. Better tasting than ever, but this tine, really sick. Major headache, upset stomach.

I won't touch it again.

30. Midnight Oil profile image81
    Midnight Oilposted 13 years ago

You can afford steak !! !!

I am only a poor writer, and I am really lucky to get oxtail soup, without the oxtail wink

I had steak flavoured chips once, does that count?

31. LC WARD profile image69
    LC WARDposted 13 years ago

Beef is my favorite protein.  (I grew up on the cheaper tougher cuts of meats such as chuck steak, round steak, round roasts and organ meats. What I don't like is how those less expensive cuts of meats taste the same once they have cooked the alloted 2 plus hours in the dutch oven or crockpots.  What they are cooked with imparts the overall taste to these meats.  So what if these meats become tattered shreds of their former state, they still take on the flavors cooked into the broth.)

So to answer your question: I truly love a Porterhouse steak fried in real butter with garlic salt and pepper to a Medium well doneness..

32. Cookin' Cowgirl profile image59
    Cookin' Cowgirlposted 13 years ago

I'm a dyed in the wool carnivore!

I rarely eat steak in a restaurant, since they won't serve it the way I eat it. Notice I said "serve", not "cook".

Give me a new york strip that is so rare, that you can still see the muscle twitching, and I'm a happy camper....

Give me one that I have to chase across the table, cause it's trying to get away... I've died and gone to Heaven!

33. SmartAndFun profile image94
    SmartAndFunposted 13 years ago

I vote for NY strip also. My dh gets these terrific New York strip steaks at Costco. They are not cheap but they are so worth the splurge on special occasions! He is a master at grilling them and they turn out every bit as good as the ones at Del Frisco's. I need to quiz him about his technique and write a hub on how he does it!

34. Wayne Orvisburg profile image63
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 13 years ago

Ribeye for sure!

1. tonymead60 profile image84
      tonymead60posted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes I agree, roast on Wayne

35. thisisoli profile image69
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I like the cut that is on my plate big_smile

36. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

salmon steak for sure big_smile

37. eatlikenoone profile image60
    eatlikenooneposted 13 years ago

Have to go with beef tenderloin (filet mignon). I buy the whole tenderloin and slice it up into steaks and roasts.

38. tonymead60 profile image84
    tonymead60posted 13 years ago

give me a 'rib-eye' smothered in onions and garlic, with real English mustard. Add a glass of bitter...Perfect.

39. mulva profile image60
    mulvaposted 13 years ago

Definitely a ribeye. Has the most flavor.

40. profile image50
    deans0430posted 13 years ago

I dont eat that much steak, but when I do it is definitely a rib eye topped with carmelized onions and gorgonzola cheese.

41. Ryancb4928 profile image59
    Ryancb4928posted 13 years ago

Aright, A question right up my alley lol I am an expierienced meat cutter and a full time chef. I will make this quick and painless. The most tender steak I would definitely have to say the Filet or Tenderloin. People looking for flavor and Tendernous should go with the Porterhouse as it is half Strip and half Filet.I am personally NOTTT a ribeye or delmonico fan which do come from the same loin. Ribeye does carry flavor, but by far the fattiest loin there is. I feal like im eating plain fat when I try the delmonico. I use to like sirloin, untill I started cutting it. Why do you thinnk there is so much flavor? Hmmmm, probably because it stems right off the butt hole haha. Thats the God honest truth. This is why they can be tougher because of the nerves steming off. Now to answer the question, This a Marinade Steak btw, It's not easy to find but i would go with the BLACK DIAMOND STEAK!!!! NOW THATTTT IS FLAVOR! Tender if cooked correctly too. Thanks ")

42. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 13 years ago

I'm not much of a red meat-eater, but when I do eat it, I love a good skirt steak on the grill - the absolute best tasting steak in my opinion!

43. Bellamie profile image60
    Bellamieposted 13 years ago

I like a nice lean piece of New York steak about once a year. Other than that its ground beef!

44. profile image49
    AlwaysUnderPayposted 13 years ago

New York Strip or a fillet!

45. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Ribeye must have some kind of testosterone-attracting hormone or something! Notice how it is hands down the fave of most men here?
    As for me, make mine New York, please!

46. Woman Of Courage profile image61
    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years ago

T-bone steak is the best to me.

47. ultimatekboxing profile image59
    ultimatekboxingposted 13 years ago

I'm a fillet girl - rare to blue please, with a good red wine.

48. easyfreerecipes profile image60
    easyfreerecipesposted 13 years ago

filet for sure. i wouldn't say i get to eat it as much as i
    d like, but it is so good.  love to top it with a blue cheese crust or some mushrooms with red wine reduction. mmmmm!

49. camlo profile image85
    camloposted 13 years ago

I hardly ever eat steaks, but if I do, it's a medium-rare filet with herb butter.

50. mrsjaneyp profile image60
    mrsjaneypposted 12 years ago

fillet steak for tenderness. Sirloin has more taste.

1. eatlikenoone profile image60
      eatlikenooneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you. I Iove the taste of sirloin.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)