Letter of Apology

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (54 posts)
  1. lorlie6 profile image72
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

A number of months ago I was participating in these forums far more often than I do now, and found myself caught up in a fracas which ultimately led to the loss of a friendship here on HubPages.  The forums have been comparatively calm recently, so I decided to post this public letter now.
    The hubber that I hurt knows who she is and I want her to know that I sincerely apologize.  While I don't expect a response from her, I want to caution hubbers not to engage in personal attacks or the 'pack mentality' mud slinging that was rampant back then.
    'Friendships' online are tenuous at best, but I am afraid that I judged someone, hurting her terribly, swayed by others. 
    HubPages means alot to me and I urge other hubbers to resist the tendency to gang up on others.  Hopefully that is behind us here on this site and we can do what we came here to do-write and enjoy the company of others who share our passion.

1. oscillationatend profile image61
      oscillationatendposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_sszgDXjyllE/S-rYaozoosI/AAAAAAAAABg/VfHCAWfBxNc/s800/ahhcat.jpg

Wow! That's very upstanding of you, and a great message to all!

I sincerely hope she who is nameless will accept.

2. Neil Sperling profile image59
      Neil Sperlingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Forever Forward!

3. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your post says a great deal about your character,  It's admirable and your integrity is rare.  Especially here.

The friend you joined in demoralizing may think something like this, just in my opinion.

he/she may be indeed very hurt and even angry,  I suspect she was confused and felt very betrayed, maybe still and does, throw in humiliated.

I hope she has not lashed back at you because at the end of the day if this friend is true, she watched quietly understanding exactly what was going on.

If she is a true friend she would be forgiving, especially seeing you are no longer being used in a game that could hurt you

Your friend would wait in hopes you saw the truth, knowing how well you knew her.

I hope your friend is true, and holds these qualities.

Lorlie, she was never a friend if she can't see truth knowing who you are.

Even labelled and demoralized I pray for her to read this because what little I know of you, it would be such a gift to call you a friend.

From everyone I'm sure, we commend you for rising above the attacks and dealing with it directly, owning your part, and rising above it.

Lorlie you are a very good person.  And so many think so.

Thank you for reminding us we're here to be together not create groups.

High school was so very long ago

Best of luck to you.

lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

kimberlyslyrics-your words speak volumes.  Thank you.

4. blondepoet profile image67
      blondepoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh I am so sorry to hear what happened Lorlie.
      I totally agree too it is always best to refrain from saying something in the heat of the moment.
      Peace to all !!! smile smile

5. myownworld profile image73
      myownworldposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lorlie... I know exactly what you mean: to get caught up between people you care about here and to be forced out of loyalty to take sides... oh, I know how hard all this is! But having been in a similar situation, my only advice is: Try, try not to to get involved in these petty fights...and stand firm by your own insight and judgement, instead of letting others sway you in any direction. Above all, don't forget that what people do in their real lives, should not affect our appreciation of their writing - which is the real reason why most of us are here. smile

I was severely disillusioned myself, but then things start smiling again....after all, how else would life go on?

Take care... this is a great post...and I understand more than you can imagine.. smile

6. Dense profile image60
      Denseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Guess I'd missed a lot of fun in the forum, Lorlie. smile

It was no fun, believe me, Dense. It was actually sort of scary and confused.  Lots of people were upset and pissed off.
        Dang, habee, I was pretty surprised at myself-thus this thread.

7. profile image0

Interesting - why do a thread like this and lie?  Your behavior has now revealed you did not mean this as did your email.  It really is sad and so shocking.  I still wish you well, unaware of your motive.  And now uninterested, K.

1. profile image0
        wordscribe41posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good thing the Love Shack's currently under construction for your sake.  Doubting O.P. would have posted this otherwise.  wink

*Skips off singing...*  Gotta love the B52's.

1. profile image0

again,  you are talking to me in riddles about something you know nothing about, but please, continue.  I respect your views very much.

8. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

wow, i didn't even realize that's why you haven't been on hubpages lately, as I always thought it was because you might've been busy in real life.  However, after hearing what you just said, I'm sincerely sorry to hear that happened between you and this other hubber.  I know it must've been very hard for you and coming out again to see us.  However, I hope you'll be okay, as I know things were not the same while you were gone.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

You bad woman you....

Now go to your room. lol lol

3. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

That's very BIG of you, GOOD for you!

YES, lets all live and let live,

Besides doing harm to others only creates bad Karma for yourself. 

Plus, like my Grandpa always said, "If you don't have something good and helpful to say, say nothing at all"

Like the song goes, when you say nothing at all...

Thanks and PEACE be to ALL wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

4. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

i forgive Cagsil in advance

Thanks, all.  Greek One-you crack me up!  Umm, I had no idea where this sort of post would take me, but I am enjoying the serious responses as well as the light-hearted ones.
      I really love this community!

2. profile image0

I don't forgive greek in advance

he's a bad bad bad boy

[spank]

1. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

should that be arousing even though it was given electronicaly?

1. profile image0

It did it for me

still working too

thank goodness i am wearing 4 condoms while here at the office

1. profile image0

ok spank me now, spank me

5. wavegirl22 profile image49
    wavegirl22posted 13 years ago

Lorlie - you are someone that others around here should emulate! Not only was this big for you to do but it was kindhearted and oh so thoughtful.

I applaud you !

Thank you so much, wavegirl22.  I've been thinking about this for a couple of days now.  Much of the damage was done here in the forums, so what better venue in which to pose my regret?

6. elayne001 profile image77
    elayne001posted 13 years ago

I had something similar to yours happen to me when I first started in the religion forums. When the anger starts swelling up inside, you know it is time to STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER. Glad you were able to come to terms with the reality of it all. Life is too short....

7. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 13 years ago

lorlie - I find it very hard to believe that you said anything to intentionally up set anyone - you are one of my favorite hubbers as I find you sincere and honest - Irish smile

8. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 13 years ago

it's amazing how you can get caught up in arguments on here.  Remember you only hurt the ones you love,  i would say you are forgiven, lovely thread, god bless..... x

9. lorlie6 profile image72

Thanks so much for your words.  I'm not a judgmental person usually, but the pack thing had it's own inertia.  I regret my choices now and sincerely hope others don't get involved as I did.  Elayne, you couldn't have said it better!

10. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

actually, I'm still in high school

1. profile image0

You've been high for three days duh.

i'm only into natural highs...

the love of a good woman..
        the smile of a child..
        the smell of a flower..
        the love of several bad women at once..
        etc.

11. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

SPANK

http://www.thesexualmastery.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/belt001-black-chp-sm.jpg

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
        GeneriqueMediaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I want a like button here. sad wink

2. blondepoet profile image67
      blondepoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Only a soft one LMAO!!!!

12. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 13 years ago

Lorlie, that was a kind post & very thoughtful.  I hope you are forgiven.

13. KeithTax profile image73
    KeithTaxposted 13 years ago

Get a room already, will you. This thread is about an apology, not an orgy.

14. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

Hi lorlie6!  This was a very honest post. I understand where you're coming from, have been there, done that, and wish you the best. I've never heard a condemning thing come from you....perhaps I was absent that day, and a good thing.

I appreciate encouragement you've given me and others. It's hard to show an objective viewpoint when one feels attacked or a need to defend somebody you care for. Some things are better left unsaid.

It's possible to read between the lines sometimes, understand the real meaning, know it, be wary, yet continue in an objective way. When one loses trust, it's time to take a step back and smell the roses for what they really are.

You're too cool..... hang in there!

15. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

two things are happening here:
    1. you are trying to distract us while you sneak off to have a smoke!

2. you are trying to distract everyone from the fact that my hub score went down 6 points and possibly its because someone is rating down my hubs while I sleep

and

3. you just want attention

and

4. I should stop and just go to sleep because obviously I don't know what I'm talking about and I can't count either

so spank me.  I deserve it.  a little one.  spank spank spank

mega-on counts one and two:
      1) Only once in a while...
      and
      2)  I am a master of distraction; should you need my services again, please let me know. smile
      Hi Fluffymetal!  I'm here, I swear!  Just getting away from the ole computer more often.  Spring, you know? smilesmile  I have some lovely flowers to show for it...Now if only I could find my USB Port-I think that's what it's called-to upload photos!

16. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

but seriously lorlie, everyone has forgiven everyone, I'm quite sure because no one has posted an "I'm leaving" thread for weeks now.  I guess that's a good sign, or else everyone who gets like that has already left?

or everyone who gets like that has already changed into some other identity and are screening their tea through their socks?

17. Fluffymetal profile image76
    Fluffymetalposted 13 years ago

I miss you lorlie sad

18. theirishobserver. profile image61

So I turn my back for a few hours and everyone gets spanked - thanks smile

19. lorlie6 profile image72

Here's one just for you, irish!

Enjoy.

20. theirishobserver. profile image61

you know I just needed that smile hope you are well and It is now time to move on from this unfortunate episode smile

21. lorlie6 profile image72

Indeed!

22. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Laurel, it's hard for me to imagine your hurting anyone!

23. theirishobserver. profile image61

lorlie - dont worry too much about it - those who get into such places usually do so for a reason - if I am walking down the street and I see a gang coming towards me I usually walk to the other side of the street - mind you there are days I would welcome confrontation and walk straight into them - if you know what I mean - walk on you have said enough - and your sins are forgiven smile

24. Polly C profile image89
    Polly Cposted 13 years ago

It takes a big person to admit they were wrong....I hope your friend forgives you smile

25. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

oh, one more thing you could at least acknowledge that a big part of the gang she's referring to includes you.  so why the backlash again?  anyways lorlie i will email you back and then a good long nap. xo

I'll leave it up to you  lorlie.  This is your thread.  I received your note this thread was meant solely and i meant what i said earlier. 

Things are getting dramatic again, or could.  I know you don't want this either but must must end by thanking wordscribe for her daily surveillance of my doings.  I am flattered.

26. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 13 years ago

I am not the one posting lies in an external public forum assassinating people's characters.  Take responsibility for what YOU bring on yourself.  I have a right to stand up for myself when I'm misrepresented.  I do not appreciate the untruths, and you KNOW what I'm referring to. 

As for "gangs", go check the numbers and tell me who has a gang.  It's certainly not ME. 

This was DONE until you resurrected it, my friend.  I will not be slandered.

27. profile image0
    cosetteposted 13 years ago

all i have to say is there is no "gang". there are a few posters, some vocal about it and some not, who have been the target of a she-who-must-not-be-named's unrelenting personal attacks, most recently in an external forum where anyone can read it if they just Google the names of she-who-must-not-be-named and other individuals in this thread, including myself, WordScribe and Lorlie. funny, since we never talk to she-who-must-not-be-named or any of her pals. well, i don't anyway.

so please, gentle reader, do not be fooled into thinking there is a gang of street thugs going around causing trouble when in actuality, she-who-must-not-be-named just won't let it die.

i truly respect WordScribe and also Lorlie. i am not close with Lorlie but she has demonstrated to me that she is a woman who forms her own opinions, even when there is a lot of confusing and conflicting stuff to read through. she is a genuine kind and nice person with a lot of personal integrity who has helped me understand a lot of things, and i really can't sit here and read this and not defend her or WordScribe, which is why i posted this.

thank you. that is all i have to say on the matter.

peace out!

28. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I'm just glad I have better things to do with my time than go looking through google to see who's writing what about who where!

Of course I went and looked seeing you brought this up. Wouldn't have thought of it otherwise.

Who here is not letting sleeping dogs lie?

What's done is done. It is over with.

Lorlie I thought that was really big of you, posting the way you had done smile

Now if only others could step back....

1. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am not the only one who's Googled my HP profile name for curiosity's sake, professional reasons, Izzy.  And this is MY fault, how???  When you find a nifty little forum slamming you, telling the tallest tales you could venture to conceive, then you'd feel differently I'd venture to say. It is not kind.

I agree, Lorlie is a gem.  I find it despicable said individual is trying to come off smelling like a rose.  She returned to attack Lorlie.  I stood up for Lorlie.  Simple, really. 

It WAS over with, til she made a very poor choice in a public forum.  I have EVERY right to defend myself.

Sorry SHE woke up the tired pooches.  I suppose I'm just supposed to roll over and take the cyber attacks, huh?  Really, think about how it would make you feel.  roll

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)