He're comes troublemaking Shadesbreath

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (71 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Zirukurt01posted 15 years ago

Reason:
    Something wrong with this guy planning with his friends to make unfaired humor images. Heres the hubby.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/10-Reasons-Cats … -Than-Dogs
    2 of then are created by Laruren
    What an idiotic is this shadesbreath.
    (Angry/Mad)

1. dingdong profile image58
      dingdongposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You were posting this in few minutes of your joining hubpages, what's the plan? smile

2. rancidTaste profile image62
      rancidTasteposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This type message I don't like. Hello guy!! if you have so truth on your words then why not you see us your face. You just joined and claimed ..... is it believable?

3. spryte profile image74
      spryteposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hmm...

I'll admit I was having too much fun seeing my name being tossed into the ring as a possible suspect on this one and almost didn't post. 

It is rather odd though that he is the fan of only one person on the hubpages.  *looks at Christoph*  But I don't think it's him.  For one, I could never accuse Christoph after he so gallantly came to my defense (x's and o's to you for that) and the typos just aren't witty enough to be considered anything other than the work of an "idiotic."  Chris definitely is not one of those.

No...it's not me getting even.  You still have that to look forward to my dear Shade.  smile 

Oh, and Gwen...he didn't harm a Barbie (that I could forgive)...he ground Mr. Bunny up to dust in his blender.  So payback is gonna be a beyotch...but then again, so am I (even though I love him...you can't show him any weakness...just look how blatantly he took advantage of Chris and I discussing the word "reign." <---note that the period is inside the quotation mark though, Shade).

1. Shadesbreath profile image78
        Shadesbreathposted 15 years agoin reply to this

To that, I'll just repeat what I said earlier with this:

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r10/tomovuk/A07.gif

2. profile image0
    terrygposted 15 years ago

You might have a point but he has 274 fans, 39 hubs and been here for five months.

Now you on the other hand have no fans, no hubs and been here less then eighty minutes.

You have no profile and state shadesbreath is an idiotic.

Reminds me of a question I was once asked.

If your dog's at the back door barking and carrying on to get inside and your missus is at the front door banging and carrying on, then who do you let in first?

The dog - because you know the dog will stop carrying on once it's inside.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

Sounds like he's offended by him saying cats are better smile

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

I suspect this is Shades's sock puppet running his advertising campaign tongue

Then, it's great idea lol

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't start a campaign bashing cleavages on HP if I were you tongue

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
          Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

But you could start a "Campaign for Real Boobs."

I could see that working lol

2. weblog profile image57
          weblogposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You were testing with different avatars, they were nice but still this smile of yours wins smile

Good for you, and for everyone else wink

5. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 15 years ago

Nope, not me.  I was thinking Spryte maybe, though.  The word "hubby" was conspicuous in this context.  A slip in the façade, perhaps.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 15 years agoin reply to this

And I have never heard you use the term "unfaired logic".  Whatever logic you might have shown has always seemed faired to  me.

Thanks Rochelle, I go out of my way to make sure my logic is always as faired as possible.  Oh, occasionally I'll get some semi-faired logic going, or I'll have a faired-brain idea or two, but yeah, I'm with you for the most part.

6. gwendymom profile image66
    gwendymomposted 15 years ago

Shades, are you causing trouble again?  Oh, I agree with Rochelle, the logic you have shown has always been faired.

7. maestrowhit profile image60
    maestrowhitposted 15 years ago

Don't bash Shades, he's cool.

Shades: I'm sticking up for you man.

8. Shadesbreath profile image78

Thanks, Maestro.

Although, the weakness of the assault suggests I may be safe.  Zirukurt has all the ferocity of a rabid gnat.

And Gwendy, believe it or not, it ain't me this time.

9. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 15 years ago

Ooops.. that seems to have been changed to unfaired humor images.  I'm sure Lauren gave you permission, so that should make it all faired.

10. Christoph Reilly profile image68
    Christoph Reillyposted 15 years ago

No way it's Spryte. There is no diabolical wit at work here. There is dim wit at work here. I don't even understand why he/she/it is angry. I'm sure this person(s) could find many LEGITIMATE reasons to be angry with Shadesbreath, like he's always writing hubs correcting peoples' grammer, but to go after this one is like kicking a dead horse. (Hi dingdong. How ya doin' up there?)

11. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 15 years ago

I know the original post is technically a "personal attack," but it's just too funny to take down.  I figured Shadesbreath would find it more amusing than offensive wink

Yep.

At first I was annoyed, and had this reaction, trying to defend myself against the wit of my attacker:

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r10/tomovuk/A07.gif

But I got better.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
        Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

HA!  I've never been called an "idiotic," but I regularly am informed that I am censoring a given user, that I have a personal vendetta against him/her, and given very specific, graphic, and often lengthy directions for just what they think I ought to do to myself, which can't be repeated in polite company.  Usually by blatant spammers, who just don't like that they were caught.

2. Jerrico Usher profile image55
        Jerrico Usherposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Think I'll use that image for my myspace avatar since it allows animated gifs... that's me trying to do 100 blogs on toner ink cartridges (uggg) here I go to start the next set (this will be 601-701 on this atrocious topic that only really has about 20 blogs worth of material)....I have to keep telling myself "it's worth it... It's worth it... it's..."

ok myspace won't allow it.. sad

1. AEvans profile image72
          AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Shades, That is hilarious , reminds me of myself great humor. big_smile

1. sunforged profile image69
            sunforgedposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I dont understand why the 220 kb .gif file will not show in myspace either, perhaps its to small. I tried it also.

Shadesbreath is hilarious and should be valued as is Mark Knowles, Ill have to check out his hubs.

Since i also have pet peeves with grammar (former life as an newspaper editor) although you could never tell with my disjointed rapid style on the internet - in AMERICAN English - a period should always be within a quote. The exception noted below:

a random paste:

When it comes to commas and periods, though, logic doesn't enter into the equation, at least not in the United States.  Universal American usage places commas and periods inside the quotation marks, regardless of logic.

~"Diane," she said, "put the book down and go outside for a little while."

~"I will in a minute," she replied, "as soon as I finish this chapter."

This rule applies even when the unit enclosed at the end of the sentence is just a single word rather than an actual quotation:

~To get to the next page, just press the little button marked "Enter."

The only exception is when that last little item enclosed in quotation marks is just a letter or a number, in which case the period or comma will go outside the closing quotation marks:

~The buried treasure was marked on the map with a large "X".

British English follows a logical rule that varies with each sentence

12. Dorsi profile image88
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

hehehhe.... I love all the writers wit here... you guys crack me up!!! I wish I had something more witty to say!

13. gwendymom profile image66

Christoph,I think you are right, Spryte did not do this. I am sure that Spryte could come up with something better than the weird accusations above. And to ask what an Idiotic Shades is?  I almost fell of my chair reading it. It's just funny.

14. Shadesbreath profile image78

Oh, and Christoph, see that's just it about Spryte.  She's clever enough to be devious enough to be able to pull off a stupidity ruse. She's exactly smart enough to know how to write illiteracy into her language if she chose to.  Not saying for sure it's her, but if she wanted to perpetrate, I reckon she could.

15. gwendymom profile image66

Shades, that is true about Spryte, she is a pretty smart cookie, but I know that if she had a problem or something to say to you, she would just say it and not hide behind a another profile.

Gwendy, if it is Spryte, she's just playing.  Keep in mind, she and I are only a few hours out from the great Bugs Bunny debate and from her attempt at divinity falling in favor of my wife's side over my debauched assertion that Keira Knightley could provide proof of God.  (Not sure if you saw that thread in the religious forums.)

You have the unenviable position of being in a position of authority, therefore making you a more likely target for this sort of thing.  Everyone blames the cop for their traffic ticket.  lol.  Frankly, I think I'd enjoy it if I were you, but then, HP probably doesn't let you dust them with sarcasm, so, maybe not.

Christoph:  Good point.  This isn't really clever enough for Spryte, unless there's a follow up.  Or she could be hungover or something and not at the top of her game.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72

Well, despite having to resist the urge to send pointed replies, I do enjoy some of them--the more outlandish the better.  My favorite involved an elaborate conspiracy theory where I was pinned as a member of Homeland Security, and my second favorite set me up as the mob boss of an international gang of hubbers.

16. Christoph Reilly profile image68

Thank you Weblog. That's a nice thing to say.

Gwendy: It IS funny.

I understand what you are saying, Shadesbreath, but then what is the point of this? Just to pull a little joke? Doesn't seem grand enough for her (she did say she would get you for what you did to her Barbie doll, but this doesn't seem like adequate revenge). As Poe wrote, "A wrong is unredressed when the redresser fails to make himself known as such to him that has done the wrong."

17. gwendymom profile image66

Shades, I know she would just be playing. I don't think it is her though. I did see your comments on that forum and decided not to comment.

18. gwendymom profile image66

An International gang of hubbers, sounds like fun, where do I sign up? Oh wait I might have done that already as a hubmob member. Just call me gwendy green eyes. Should we out a hit put on this guy?  Ok, I got carried away. It was fun while it lasted.

19. Marian Swift profile image60
    Marian Swiftposted 15 years ago

Ooooh ... International Gang of Hubbers.  Maybe we should form one!

(Gwendy's answer just beat mine.  Great minds scheme alike!)

20. Shadesbreath profile image78

Dang, so if I wake up with a horsehead in my bed, I'll know one of my hubs has gone over the line.

1. Marian Swift profile image60
      Marian Swiftposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Or, if the felines take over, a headless hamster on your pillow.  (Yes, that did happen to me once.)

2. Maddie Ruud profile image72

Cathead. tongue

ROFL.  Evil!

21. gwendymom profile image66

Oh, Spryte, that was Christoph talking about the barbie doll, I know what he did to your Mr. Bunny, and it's unforgivable.

1. spryte profile image74

Oops smile Sorry...you are right of course. 

Blah, blah, blah, Christoph, blah, blah.blah blah Mr. Bunny, blah blah blah.  Consider it changed smile 

And Shade...self mutilation is not satisfactory revenge.

22. Christoph Reilly profile image68

Oh. I was thinking it was Barbie that went swimming in the blender. A Freudian slip, perhaps? Mwahahahaha!

Regarding placement of punctuation mark inside or outside of quotation marks, I can find authoritive guidelines that state different rules (and yes, for American english). It's fine if you want to pick one and stick with it, but I can pick a different way and stick with it also, and we could both be considered correct by somebody. I think the primary thing is consistency.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I hate to do this Christoph, but it's "American English" with a capital "E". smile

Get him, Rochelle!

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

American English lol

Sorry, I have to laugh every time I hear that. big_smile

American English lol

See? I had to do it again lol lol

Dutch Spanish?
        German French?

Come on, admit it - you guys speak American - which is like English, but simplerer. smile

Not to worry though, the EU has just agreed to adopt English as the preferred European language. It will be known as "EuroEnglish."

There will be a few minor changes though:

In the first year, “s” will be used instead of the soft “c”. Sertainly, sivil servants will resieve this news with joy. Also, the hard “c” will be replaced with “k”. Not only will this klear up konfusion, but typewriters kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome “ph” will be replaced by “f”. This will make words like “fotograf” 20 per sent shorter.

In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible.

Governments will enkorage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of silent “e”s in the languag is disgrasful, and they would go.

By the fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing “th” by z” and “w” by v

During ze fifz year, ze unesesary “o” kan be dropd from vords kontaining “ou”, and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.

After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubls or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech ozer.

Ze drem vil finali kum tru!

1. Eric Graudins profile image60
          Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

One of the all time great mythical expressions.
          Right up there with Military Intelligence.

Actually, I'd like to make you all aware of one of the greatest travesties that has ever been perpetrated.

"American Australian"
          - exhibit one - the US version of our beloved comedy series "Kath and Kim".

Large knives are being sharpened all over Australia in retaliation for what you Yankees have done to these Australian cultural icons.

To the death,
          Eric g.

2. WHoArtNow profile image83
          WHoArtNowposted 15 years agoin reply to this

FOFL Mark, I've seen this before but everytime I read it I almost fall off my chair I'm laughing so hard! The irony is, the British would be so against it (like the Euro) that we'd probably end up en Euro-War 1!

23. Shadesbreath profile image78

Yeah but that thing makes me laugh, so I used it twice.  smile

1. Eric Graudins profile image60
      Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Actually, I think that is a video of a certain hubber who has recently rejoined this forum after an enforced period of absence.

(Well, the mannerisms certainly fit!)

24. Kika Rose profile image69
    Kika Roseposted 15 years ago

Holy crap. Why was I not informed of this? Seriously?
    Come on, you guys know I'm always in for a good lawl!
    Who is this guy, anyway? What's his damage? o_O Shade pwns the fuzzy slippers I bought at Gap the other day right off my feet. What did he ever do to this dude to get him so worked up, he can't even type right?

(Also, Shade, that is one of my favorite animated thingers ever. My ex used to use it all the time when he was trying to convey a point and I just couldn't get what the heck he was telling me. I got a couple other funny ones somewhere, and if I ever find them, you'll be the first to get the email attachment. wink )

25. spryte profile image74
    spryteposted 15 years ago

Mark:

LOL!  I'm falling off my chair laughing at that!  Thanks!

26. Christoph Reilly profile image68

So what you're saying is that by the fifth year, everyone will speak with a German accent?

27. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

lol

Spryte - my plezur smile

Christoph - exaktly - but wiz no long wurdz. smile

28. agvulpes profile image85
    agvulpesposted 15 years ago

Mark forgot the French Polish

29. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

My Mum is still hooked on "Home and Away."

* shudder *

They speak "Australian English," in that one.......

30. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 15 years ago

Any closer to figuring out who is behind the post?
    I learned something important tonight. When someone calls you an "idiotic" the appropriate retort is to call them a "rabid gnat."
    Very Monty Pythonesque.

31. sixtyorso profile image70
    sixtyorsoposted 15 years ago

Finally found you guys again!
    Now we are into forums (again)
    much more risky (no risque allowed)
    Last post and all that
    BTW why not simply check out the IP adress?
    Why do I suspect a cetain hubber that created a firestorm recently and has (so far ) quietly slunk away?

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Not his style - if it were him, the post would be six times longer.

Meow!!  LOL!  smile

1. Christoph Reilly profile image68
          Christoph Reillyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Are you letting the cat out of the bag, Spryte?

It's a girl thing, Christoph...only Marisa needed to get it and she did smile

Marisa...definitely wasn't meaning it in a negative way.  You go girl!

1. Christoph Reilly profile image68
              Christoph Reillyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Oh. The "claws are out" meow. Like guys don't know about the "meow"!

Still no hot water, huh?

2. agvulpes profile image85
                agvulpesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This one doesn't what is the "meow"?

32. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

No, not a meow, just a statement of fact!

33. agvulpes profile image85
    agvulpesposted 15 years ago

So OK without wishing to bring down the wrath of Zues or Shades or spryte. that should cover the scary ones . How do you get those window thingies in to your replies. (being new and all). could someone please tell me?

It's a quote/reply.  If you want to quote a person you use that button instead of just the regular reply button.

1. agvulpes profile image85
        agvulpesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Like this?
        Thanks spryte!

34. Editorial Nation profile image61
    Editorial Nationposted 15 years ago

Shades, I am a newbie and I have to say you are hilarious! I am a true fan; you lighten my day with your humor every morning! I have forwarded your work to several of my friends and they loved it. I just wanted to say thanks! This comic strip photo( guy on the computer keyboard) is so true to your nature ....Love it!!!!!!! Lol
    I'm sure that no one is waivered by that guys comment; true sincerity comes out in your writing and adds a little humor to life that normally sucks. Keep up the great work!

~ The new chick
    (AKA EditorialNation)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)