Not one Adsense click

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (32 posts)
  1. MyInfo411 profile image72
    MyInfo411posted 13 years ago

I've been on here for 2 weeks, putting in long hours writing hubs and joining bookmarking sties.  I didn't expect to make money over night but there hasn't even been one Adsense click.  I can't help  but think I'm doing something wrong. 

I've been reading lots of hubs and trying to take the advice and learn everything.  Is there one, specific thing I can do that you suggest?

1. Ben Evans profile image65
      Ben Evansposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I really wouldnt worry about it so much.  I know there are ways to make money on the internet but I think the people who do make serious money are few and far between.

Just enjoy writing and sharing.  After awhile you will get some clicks but as others have said it will take a bit of patience.

MyInfo411posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the encouragement, Ben.

2. Singular Investor profile image69
      Singular Investorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi MyInfo - some questions for you - you don't say if you are getting any visitors. I would suggest a minimum of 1 click per 200 visitors on your hubs so if you haven't had 200 visitors the it may not be surprising that you haven't had any clicks. So are you getting any visitors?
      Secondly if you are getting enough visitors, are you sure you've got your Adsense ID entered correctly ?
      Thirdly your hubs are not particularly commercial i.e. there's not something people want to buy (generally)
      Fourthly I had a look at your headbands hub and there are no backlinks to it  -- you need to get backlinks to your hubs - and you need to use keywords people search for e.g.  'fashion headbands'.  - that way you rise higher in Google's lovely pages, which is important.

To show you what I mean I have put up a couple of links to your headbands hub - one of them is on Xomba.com - if you go there and search for 'make your own fashion headbands' you should find it and you should be able to see the link in the text - I put the other one on one of my blogs - so when you check your stats the number of stats for 'links' should hopefully increase :-)

That was extremely nice of you.  Thank you! 
        No, I haven't had 200 visits per hub.  I will also rethink my content....  I know a little about insurance and may give that a go, offereing free advice.  Gonna go relook at backlinks b/c I thought I had done some...maybe just not correctly.

I'm not sure how you knew there were'nt any.  ???  (More to learn...)

Thank you again, for taking your time to help me, the newbie! smile

1. Singular Investor profile image69
          Singular Investorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Insurance is good - you also need to learn a bit about keywords -  people use the Google keywords tool to find out how popular keywords are - https://adwords.google.com/select/Keywo … egacy=true -
          To see how many backlinks a site has got you can use a free tool such as SEO Toolbar - http://tools.seobook.com/ - they've got other free stuff as well - I hope links are allowed in this forum !
          Happy hunting

3. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In your first two weeks, virtually all your traffic will be other Hubbers.  Hubbers don't click on ads.

It takes several weeks for your Hubs to move up in the search engine rankings, if they're going to.  Right now they're probably on page hundred-and-umpteenth on Google, so no one is going to see them.  Patience is a virtue!

4. instinctis profile image59
      instinctisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

nah you'll never get any clicks from these hub pages as everyone visiting this place already know what adsense looks like and more over most of them are trying to do the same thing as you are, so you're just playing magics to the magicians ;-)

2. Richieb799 profile image76
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

It takes a long time to gain Traffic? May I ask how much traffic you have received so far? I have had days where I have 400 visitors and no clicks lol

I'm no expert, others may have better answers

on all hubs 250 visitors in 7 days, and 400 total.  I am having a good time though!  :0)

3. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 13 years ago

My opinion is that your topics don't seem like the sort of things that would lead to clicks.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Improve-Your-Hub-Earnings

1. TheSituation profile image63
      TheSituationposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hello,

I agree with both other replies.  I average around 100 - 120 page impressions and 1-2 adsense clicks per day.  Some days are better than others.  In my first month I had ZERO clicks.  Keep writing and be patient....seems like many people write for a month or two, get frustrated, stop writing, stop checking adsense...then a month or 2 later they login and see $15 or so in adsense and that their traffic has increased....the roses dont grow faster just because you stare at them.,..keep writing and keep linking!

1. mrpopo profile image73
        mrpopoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Haha, that's so true!

2. MyInfo411 profile image72

Thank you...it helps hearing.  I'll be patient and keep writing.  ;o)

4. WaffleCheese profile image43
    WaffleCheeseposted 13 years ago

Also, I see that you joined 2 weeks ago and you have 10 hubs.

The thing about internet marketing is that you'll need to be quite established. It takes time for your hubs to 'mature'. Seriously? Like a couple of months.

For adsense, content is the key. You need to have good titles, good content, good tags, and a low bounce rate.

One thing you can try to do to decrease your bounce rate is to have an emotional image above the fold.

This can catch attention before anyone ever reads a word.

--There is a reason why books with pictures are more fun.

They need to be emotion-grabbing though.

WRITE LIKE CRAZY! and wait.

I have no idea what "bounce rate" is.  So, I'll have to shelf that one until I get backlinking figured out.  ha!  I never thought of emotion-grabbing pictures.  Thank you!  That makes a lot of sense.

1. WaffleCheese profile image43
        WaffleCheeseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Bounce rate is when people view your page and immediately leave within the first 10 seconds.

5. Cagsil profile image72
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Welcome to HubPages.

I realize you've been reading hubs and now found your way to the forums to ask for help. That is a good start. However, the two links I've given you are hubs written by Frogdropping and very helpful to new HubPages members.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubpages-Help
    http://hubpages.com/hub/hubpages-blueprint

Secondly, I would suggest that you take the opportunity, before writing any more hubs, to venture to the Extreme Hub Makeover Forum and open a thread, and post at least 3 links for critiquing.

Let some others check out your hubs and give helpful advice about your hubs. They are most likely to know something you do not or have missed.

Just my thoughts.

will do all you suggested, and again, thank you!

6. mythbuster profile image72
    mythbusterposted 13 years ago

MyInfo411,

Perhaps you can run each hub through some "keyword" management. I'm not sure all your hubs are on the most "searched" topics, as relache has already said but you MIGHT get more traffic from searches if you add tags/keywords. I noticed on your "Adult Bullying" hub (a topic that I think MIGHT get searched for because bullying is a huge problem that people look for answers about online - it's an embarrassing problem and people use google a lot, hoping to find solutions so they don't have to talk to "real people" about things like this)...that hub has only two tags!

Try "little house on the prairie" (phrase/tag) since you've outlined an episode in this hub for an example of what you're explaining on the hub about bullying (you have enough content about the show to warrant using a specific phrase like above). Try things like: "awareness on bullying" "suggestion for bullying" along with single tag/keywords that relate to the content of your hub.

Just suggestions...that probably will help only in a minimal way but as I've been learning on hubpages, all my hubs need to be "tweaked" and improved, too...you're on the right track if you already realize that financial success won't appear instantly and it's good that you've asked for help in the forum, early on in your hubbing career!

Good luck - I hope the tag/keyword tips helps just a little bit.

thank you for taking time to give some advice and encouragement.  I'll go do those things now...  smile

7. andromida profile image56
    andromidaposted 13 years ago

Welcome to hubapges.Don't worry about adsense clicks-it takes time.After a few months you will see regular clicks.have fun smile

thanks, andromida!  I've gotten so many responses and help...I don't feel so lost.  smile

8. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

With only ten Hubs and such a short time on here, it's not unusual that you haven't seen activity yet.

Keywords are important.  Topics that get a lot of searches make a big difference.   It's often been said that titles should be aimed at search engines, not written to attract the eye (the way a magazine article would attract the eye of someone browsing through the magazine).

There's lot of stuff on here aimed at new Hubbers.  Here's a good, all-around, one by frogdropping:  (It leads to other reading for newer people too.)

http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubpages-Help

9. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

I get about 14000 visitors a day, and a lot of clicks. But I have been writing on here for one year, have 323 hubs, and have taught myself a lot. I don't think that it is worth me saying anything else to be honest, I'm sure that you can read into that yourself.

10. thisisoli profile image69
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

There has been plenty of good advice here, but remember you need to work hard to earn money online, there is a lot of competition.

Getting to the top of google search engine rankings is the key to making money online, you will need to research this.

Most of your hub traffic so far has probably been from Hubpages, and we dont really click on each others adverts.

Don't be disheartend, but don't expect to earn anything after 2 weeks straight from the get-go.

11. chinweike profile image59
    chinweikeposted 13 years ago

Follow every advice here and you will never regret you did. Welcome to hubpages.
    Cheers!

12. nikipa profile image63
    nikipaposted 13 years ago

Patience and hard work will pay for sure!
    Learn to love slow, constant growth.
    Welcome to this great family! smile

Thank you everyone....

13. thisisoli profile image69
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Insurance is a high competition niche, you will definately need to do your homework if you want to earn on insurance articles!

14. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

You need more traffic.  This takes time.  Content is king but backlinks are important.  Social bookmark sites, generally, are no follow... you need other sites... Look at Sunforge's or Darksides hubs for better insight - they are the gurus you need to follow. 

Dont give up, just learn! big_smile

p.s. Edweirdo has some brilliant, easy to learn SEO tips worth reading.  Just learn, my friend... just learn!

1. thisisoli profile image69
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I also have a pretty indepth hub on backlinks tongue

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)