Half a Million Page Views

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (40 posts)
  1. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

Not sure why, but I have decided that the arbitrary amount of 500,000 page views is a landmark worth celebrating big_smile

Anyway, my hubs passed this landmark today. Woohoo !

The amount of views varies dramatically from page to page, as my earlier hubs were created with not one clue about anything online smile

Worst hub - Le Beauvallon Hotel - 221 views sad
    Best hub - Best iPhone bluetooth headsets 47,171 views smile

1. compu-smart profile image90
      compu-smartposted 15 years agoin reply to this

lol at your post Mark and also congratulations! 
      smile

2. BDazzler profile image77
      BDazzlerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!

3. Sally's Trove profile image78
      Sally's Troveposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It is not the worst Hub, by any means.  Perhaps it is just the Hub that had the most limited audience.  I would guess that if you promoted this Hub on a site that features French Riviera accommodations, you would see a dramatic increase.  Anyway, I'm not the Hub / SEO expert, but I don't think any of your Hubs could ever be labeled "worst".  Congratulations to you!

Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. Although, when I said worst hub, I meant lowest amount of page views. I have others that could be considered "worst," by other definitions big_smile

Live and learn......

1. Sally's Trove profile image78
          Sally's Troveposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well, then, say what you mean.  smile

4. Just_Rodney profile image69
      Just_Rodneyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Great and well done wink

5. Andrew0208 profile image57
      Andrew0208posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Wow! It's indeed very inspiring. Congratulations Mark! I also look forward to mark and celebrate your 1000 fans soon with you as they're getting closer, remember we celebrated together your 500 fans earlier this year.

2. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 15 years ago

Wow Mark that is quite an accomplishment! congrats...pip pip and the whole sha-bang!!!

3. kerryg profile image83
    kerrygposted 15 years ago

Congratulations!

I happily celebrated 25,000 awhile back and am looking forward to 50K. Ten times that must be a lovely feeling indeed. smile

4. Eric Graudins profile image59
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

Congratulations Big Fella,
    A truly worthy achievement.

(I've got somewhat under 5% of that number. I'll have to start writing on some more interesting topics lol

Eric G.

5. dayzeebee profile image68
    dayzeebeeposted 15 years ago

Congratulations Mark! Why am I not surprised? It just adds to your credibility in giving good sound advice to those who seek your expertise. More power!

1. Eric Graudins profile image59
      Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Dayzeebee,
      I fear you're getting Quality confused with Quantity lol

1. dayzeebee profile image68
        dayzeebeeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

LOL Good one Eric. I just find Mark to be very helpful like many of you experts here --- and in the process have given SEO a new meaning -- S-upport E-mpower O-rient. big_smile  Thanks to all of you SEO experts:)

6. B.T. Evilpants profile image61
    B.T. Evilpantsposted 15 years ago

Congrats! It must be the frongalous facial growth!

7. Mark Knowles profile image58

big_smile

Thanks all.

8. xtraTiny profile image60
    xtraTinyposted 15 years ago

Congratulation.

I am waiting...like this day... smile

9. sixtyorso profile image71
    sixtyorsoposted 15 years ago

Mark . Well done! I think that is a noteworthy milestone!

10. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 15 years ago

Congrats Dear

11. Trsmd profile image57
    Trsmdposted 15 years ago

Congrats.  Mark Knowles  .. Just now I have completed 25% of your achivement..i.e. 1,20,000 page views..

If possible can you share the Adsense earning from these page views..

1. weblog profile image58
      weblogposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Mark smile

Share his earnings or the info? wink

1. Trsmd profile image57
        Trsmdposted 15 years agoin reply to this

If he shares the info of Earnings everyone here in Hubpages will be benefited..

If he is interested to share his earnings only I will be benefited..

I want everyone to be benefited.. :lol

1. weblog profile image58
          weblogposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Nice attitude lol

12. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

Congratulations!!! big_smile

13. Mark Knowles profile image58

smile

Thank you all.

Trsmd -

I can't be 100% specific because that would mean going back more than a year, but guesstimated -

Adsense - $2,000
    Amazon -  $1,800
    Ebay - a couple of hundred bucks sad

Bear in mind I only get 60% of the impressions.

1. ngureco profile image81
      ngurecoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations Mark Knowles.

Perhaps one of these fine days that you get some free hours, you can do a hub and share with others on how your Amazon's earnings are so good. I think you are among the very few who have mastered the Amazon's Code.

Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I have said it over and over. smile

The hub I first linked to is worth around $100-$200 a month in Amazon earnings....

14. Shirley Anderson profile image72
    Shirley Andersonposted 15 years ago

Congrats, Mark!  You deserve it and you're an inspiration to the rest of us.

15. Jan Mosbacher profile image60
    Jan Mosbacherposted 15 years ago

Hi Mark

Congratulations. Definitely worth celebrating.

Best wishes
    Jan

16. terenceyap07 profile image60
    terenceyap07posted 15 years ago

Rock on, Mark!!!

*smiles*

17. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 15 years ago

Fantastic Mark.....jimmy

18. Robin Marie profile image60
    Robin Marieposted 15 years ago

Wow that is a very awesome landmark!  Gives me hope.  Congratulations!

19. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 15 years ago

Congratulations Mark!  smile  Advance Merry Christmas.. big_smile

20. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 15 years ago

Grats man.  I think I'm going to start copy-and-pasting your stuff with slightly modified titles so I can get a piece of your action.

21. frank2much profile image61
    frank2muchposted 15 years ago

great achievement, Mark, Congratulations.

22. anne.moss profile image60
    anne.mossposted 15 years ago

That's a very nice figure! Thanks for sharing the stats and the revenue figures as well - it makes for an interesting read smile

23. Mark Knowles profile image58

Thank you all smile

Shades - That is what everyone else seems to do lol

Andrew - Yay! 1000 soon..... (unless I annoy everyone big_smile )

24. profile image0
    rethansmithposted 15 years ago

A noteworthy accomplishment for sure.

I am nearing my first 1,000 soon, and hope to keep going upward from there.

25. luvintkandtj profile image65
    luvintkandtjposted 15 years ago

Congrats

26. hubby7 profile image65
    hubby7posted 15 years ago

Let me offer my congrats as well!

hubby7

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)