Is Israeli film of their hijack of Gaza aid ship a hoax

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (44 posts)
  1. sannyasinman profile image61
    sannyasinmanposted 13 years ago

The film that was shown on TV around the world of Israeli soldiers being hit with iron bars as they land on the deck of the Gaza Aid ship, the Mavi Marmara, and so justifying the killing and wounding of many civilians, is a hoax, according to the compiled evidence below. 

The boats name should have been visible in at least one frame of the SKY NEWS video. Not only is the ships designation ‘Mavi Marmara’ conspicuously absent, but the entire vessel is clearly different.

What do you think?

http://info-wars.org/2010/06/10/video-i … 99-hoaxed/

1. profile image0
      eternaltreasuresposted 13 years agoin reply to this

there has been a historic unending battles and unrest in the middle east and the real motives can not be really known unless they open up their minds and see the real truth. Most are lies to cover up another lie.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who knows what to think?

Because I also saw footage that proved the opposite----that the activists on the ship had knives and etc., and were standing over the Israeli soldiers but that the original pictures were cropped to hide the weapons when shown to the public.

It's a mess.
      Propoganda forces are at work overtime, and it's just ....a huge mess.

3. Harvey Stelman profile image61
      Harvey Stelmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

san, Why don't you show all the films put out by your Pallywood buddies?

2. premierkj profile image68
    premierkjposted 13 years ago

free israel from this torrent of misinformation!

3. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

Oh please!
    All you have to do is read what happened from people who were there!!!

How many of them have come out with their expereinces?

Israel went on that ship in commando-mode. Kill mission.

One of my fellow citizens--a young kid, was shot point-blank in the head.

THAT is an act of WAR.

I will NEVER forgive or forget.

And any of you who support Israel are enemies of mine.

See how you foment war and hatred? They sure do a good job! With OUR help!

1. profile image0

You get more radical by the day.

How do you get by with posting outright hatred (which you've done several times) for people?

And now that post.

Well, according to you I'm your enemy then, since I support Israel, and you see all Israelis as your enemy too.

Looks to me like it's YOU who are stating your position as THEIR enemy and MY enemy.

How you always get by with deliberately posting outright HATE and especially anti-semitism is beyond me.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You seem to have a very good grasp of the intricacies in the Middle East and Israel, Brenda. You must have lived a very long time there. How long was it again?

I don't remember what you said the last time I asked. Sorry.

1. profile image0

Mark,

Even you should have the guts to speak against it when someone posts outright hatred for the Jewish people.

So stop distracting everyone from that and putting it off onto me.

Don't even speak to me again if you're gonna keep deflecting everything over into your own rotten agenda toward me.

Bug off.

Brenda,

Not seeing any hatred for the Jewish people. As I said - you seem very confident of your opinions here. I assume you have some personal insider knowledge that comes from years in the region.

How long did you live there again?

1. ReuVera profile image84
              ReuVeraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mark,
              leave Brenda alone.
              I lived there. Lived in Israel, worked on Tsomet Erez (border of Israel and Gaza, passing point. I know a lot first hand.
              Any other questions? If any, mind to be polite and considerate (if your mother taught you what it is), otherwise I'll just ignore you.
              Later (have to go now).

You Zionists crack me up talking about being "polite". lol

Clearly your mother didn't teach you any manners, because I was taught not to jump into other people's conversations that do not concern you. I will continue to question Brenda's knowledge on this subject as she is so aggressively pro Israel and obviously anti-Islamic in other threads. So - I will thank you to keep out of other people's conversations.

No morals. None. sad

1. ReuVera profile image84
                  ReuVeraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mark, this is forum, if you know what it means. Everyone is free to step into conversation. No one is free to bully or insult others. You are grown up enough to know this.
                  Don’t condemn people just because they have strong moral and spiritual values. Have some respect to others who are different from you.
                  Brenda might not have lived in that region, but I did, my family lives there,  I am going to live there again pretty soon.
                  Peace, and..... Please, write more hubs about money and the like. You do it much much better than shaking grounds on forums.
                  Adieu.

2. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You have some interesting points:
      1.  We should read the experiences of those people that were there.  Not the Israeli reports of course - they all lie.  But the reports of the idiots trying to break a naval blockade CERTAINLY wouldn't lie as they have no axe to grind and tell only truth.

2.  Israel went on the ship in commando kill mode.  Of course they did - it is in their best interest to alienate the rest of the world after all, and anyway they did the same thing on the other boats.  I assume that the only reason we haven't heard of the massive attorcities on the other boats is that the Israeliis left no survivors.  No doubt about it.

3.  Why did you say the kid was a war zone trying to break a naval blockade?  It seems a strange place for kids.  And yes, he went into a war zone and found an act of war.  That's often what one finds when visiting a war.  Or did his compatriots expect the commandos to give the kid candy after being attacked?  Or was the "kid" one of the attackers?  Possibly not - I saw reports of some other parent on board complaining that someone pointed a gun at her two year old infant.  Idiots!

And yes, I sure do see how people foment war and hatred - your post does a good job of it.  Perhaps you should back off and make an honest attempt to find the truth of what happened - you might start by ignoring all the reports from idiots that tried to take on the Israeli navy with knives and clubs.  And especially ignore reports from terrorists that would intentionally place small children into the situation that existed on that ship!

1. lovemychris profile image77
        lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

More Zionist Kill mode:

"You will find your end soon. You have only 180 day to live. Your death will be sudden and violent because of your opinions against Israel and Zionism. It is time to prepare your will. Your friends in terrorist organization will be happy to prepare an infirmary for the last days of your life”. This was a written death threat sent to the Arab-Israeli Knesset member Dr. Ahmad Al-Tibi by the American Zionist organization in New York “Pulsa Dinura”. “Pulsa Dinura” means “death” or “whip of fire” in Aramaic, it is a known jewish death curse which involves going to a cemetery in the middle of the night and calling on devils to do bad things to the enemies. The curse was spoken out against Yitzhak Rabin, the deceased Prime Minster of Israel, by the extremist and terrorist organization gush emunim before he was murdered by Yigal Amir. An American jewish terrorist organization now seems to have taken the name of the curse, and is sending death threats to the Arab MKs in Israel.

MK Al-Tibi also received another death threat left as a voice message on his mobile phone last Monday 6 June 2010. The message said: “Your destiny will be the same as (former Israeli Prime Minister) Yitzhak Rabin. You are not far away from us”.

Al-Tibi informed the president of the Knesset about the death threats, who takes them seriously. He accused his right-wing parliamentarian colleagues of inciting against him and the other Arab MKs. He said: “in current circumstances, when the right wing parliamentarians have increased a campaign of incitements against the Arab MKs, the threats against us have increased”.

Since MK Haneen Al-Zoubi from UAL party joint the humanitarian Turkish peace activists on the “Mavi Marmara” to break the siege imposed on Gaza, in which the Israeli commandos raided the ships and left 10 activists dead and 56 injured, huge anger has shown and incitements against the Arab Parliamentarians have increased in Israel, with a Facebook page established, which calls for the death of Al-Zoubi."--Kawther Salam

Who was it who asked...WHO ARE THE TERRORISTS???

3. premierkj profile image68
      premierkjposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lovemychris - You say that we should all listen to the voices of those who were actually there, so how come you haven't listened to the evidence given by the Israeli officers? Oh of course, all that must be complete lies. The activists on those ships were looking for trouble and they found it. Israel doesn't care about international opinion and they are right not to care.

1. profile image0

She doesn't listen because she hates them!  She's said so time after time after time around here, and yet she keeps being allowed to post it time after time after time.....go figure.

1. TMMason profile image60
          TMMasonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Anti-Semitism is all the latest leftist rage... like a lil black adopted baby, to a hollywood lefty.

It's anti-Zionism. Learn the difference.

2. lovemychris profile image77

Who do I hate Brenda? You should be able to articulate it to the specifics.

They don't need to care about it, with the nuclear arsenal they have and all our weapons and money at their command!

BTW--it is against the law to give aid to countries with nuclear weapons. Funny how our gvt doesn't say a peep about it, HUH?

you tube:

"Israel owns the USA - Dr. Paul Craig Roberts"

1. premierkj profile image68
          premierkjposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"it is against the law to give aid to countries with nuclear weapons"

Then Israel should open the blockade, wait for the nuclear capability of Hamas to rise, and then we'll see whether all the self proclaimed peace activists turn against the Palestinians. lovemychris, are you a peace activist?

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

I don't see any hatred of the Jewish people here. Against some of the Israeli policies, that is all.

It would be like saying all you guys against Obama hate the American people.

No...

UW...

It is like all of us who do not like Obama, being called racists.

But that never happens here...

5. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

LOL I definitely see the hatred - but hatred to Israel caused by its violent actions  - and antisemitism - are two quite different things...

1. Ralph Deeds profile image66
      Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very true. Many Jews in the U.S. and in Israel are very critical of the brutal, heavy-handed policies of Netanyahu and his henchmen.

6. ReuVera profile image84
    ReuVeraposted 13 years ago

Quote- “Three sleuth posters working together at conspiracy forum whatdef*k.com proved the Israeli Defense Force footage of the attack on the Mavi Marmara was a deliberate fabrication “
    Do you really going to take as a reliable source a site with THIS kind of a name? Why don’t you wait until this news is all over the channels, including FOX? So far I didn’t see any other information besides this from a site with a kinda shocking name.
    If this is true, then why can't I find anything more on it from other sources?
    It would be headline news.

Sounds like a hoax itself.
    I looked at the photos and I don't see the difference except that there’s no name. All I see is a zoomed in pixilated crop.  I wonder if infra red camera can pick up the name at all.

Also, Marmara passengers never denied fighting IDF soldiers….

But anyway, OK, so there was no one killed, all a hoax.

Or what is the conclusion here? Maybe, the IDF boarded the ship, were greeted with flowers and hugs, and just decided to randomly shoot a few people to make themselves look bad?

7. sannyasinman profile image61
    sannyasinmanposted 13 years ago

Why the Israeli video version of events is a fake. These are the opinions of some of the people who have seen the video:

1. The supposed violence against the soldiers
    There is no genuine violence shown, just a lot of motion. It doesn’t show a single case of anyone actually being hit by anything.  We’re supposed to assume that it’s happening outside of our vision. And they even tell us what we are supposed to imagine seeing with notes on the screen.

The soldier is not thrown overboard, he is carefully lowered over the side onto a lifeboat.

The civilians are thoughtfully allowing the soldiers to climb down the ropes and onto the deck. then apparently hitting them once they have fallen to the floor, out of sight of the camera.

2. It’s not even the right ship.
    Click on the link below. Look at the animated gifs which compare the structure of the two ships. There are glaring inconsistencies. You can easily verify this for yourself.

3. Not filmed at sea
    Although they tried to fake wave motion by moving the camera around and rolling it from side to side, there is zero variation of relative vertical position between the ship being filmed and the ship from which the film was supposedly made. When the photographer stops moving the camera the two boats don’t have any relative motion to each other. That’s impossible at sea.

4. Fake infrared
    The hijacking occurred at night but the video was clearly made in broad daylight. They have edited in a lot of brightness and contrast trying to fake Infrared night photography. But the result isn’t even close. Genuine infrared photography has almost zero halftones. Every pixel is either black or white. The Israeli video is full of halftones.

5. Policy of non-resistance
    The passengers knew they would be arrested and that was their stated intention. Why in the world would they attack armed assault troops when they wanted to be arrested as a means of protesting Israel’s inhumanity. Why would they court death and destroy the very reason for their coming in the first place?

Review the evidence for yourselves. Here is the link again

http://info-wars.org/2010/06/10/video-i … 99-hoaxed/

8. lovemychris profile image77

It's nothing new to them. The Zionists are masters at all kind of subterfuge...the best being playing the victim when they committ a crime.

I'm sure you've read this:

"An American teenager was murdered by Israel commandos, pirates really, this week. He was shot in the abdomen and, instead of being given medical aid, he was held down on the deck of a ship, probably by multiple pairs of combat boots and shot four times in the back of the head at close range. "

Mafia style, wouldn't you say?

A teenager.
    MY teenager! MY country....who gives Israel money and weapons and unconditional support. This is how you repay?

Hate? Oh yeah, I see plenty of hate too. But it's from those thugs who killed that KID. And it's from people who say so what--he deserved it.

Let me see if you can understand this. I have said that I hate Bush and Cheney and Rumsfeld...all of those involved in the multiple crimes committed in our name.
    Same hate goes out to BeeBee and Livni and Lierberman and Barak...those Zionists who use my country and kill my kids, or use them to fight their wars.
    Neo-Cons and Zionists. Those I hate. Know why? Because I love this country and they are destroying it.
    So go on and preach your love and forgiveness while supporting a murderous, inhumane regime.

9. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

It's a hoax. Not a very good one. I am a bit surprised they didn't do it better.
    The one hour of raw film from the boat is proof positive!

http://info-wars.org/2010/06/12/just-re … i-marmara/
    Who are the terrorists again????

10. LeanMan profile image80
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

Why would a group of commandos board a ship with live weapons unless the meant to kill!! They could have subdued the ship with gas, rubber bullets, water cannons you name it... But they went with live ammunition against civilians, imagine if the police did this against demonstrators in Europe!!

My understanding is that they were a significant group of trained commandos against a group of protesters, even if they did use improvised weapons they should have been no threat to the commandos. I trained regularly in martial arts and trained with police in disarming criminals and dealing with violence, if you are physically fit, well trained and well equipped, these protesters should have been easily subdued! So why use live weapons?

I don't wish to take sides, I am sure that the people on the ship were not saints, but they were untrained civilians not soldiers! The commandos are in the wrong 100%.

Oh-- and I can't be bothered to watch the video as one side will say it is real and the other it is fake so what is the point...

11. Truly Different profile image61
    Truly Differentposted 13 years ago

hey, lovemychris, you are full of hatred. Are you mourning for All Americans killed or just for this 19 year old? Death is death and it doesn't matter who was killed, it is awful. This "kid" as you call him was on the ship to take actions, he knew he might be killed. It was his choice. He had American citizenship, but I doubt that he was a devoted American. He wouldn't mourn for you if you were killed in a terrorist attack.
    Will you mourn for other Americans, innocent civilians killed in terrorist attacks, in Israel and US?
    You wrote "I will never forget or forgive", or something like.....

Have you forgotten and forgiven this-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogNdQ-CSQww

You are a hypocrite. As many here.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image66
      Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Two wrongs don't make a right. The attitudes of Palestinians toward the U.S. has been influenced by  the brutal mistreatment they have suffered at the hands of Israel, our ally which as a result has become a millstone around our country's neck.

According to this article six times as many Palestinians as Iraelis have been killed since 2000.

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/stats/deaths.html

And, as you well know early in Israel's history or pre-history the Israeli's were quite accomplished terrorists.

BTW, name calling won't further your cause.

"And, as you well know early in Israel's history or pre-history the Israeli's were quite accomplished terrorists."

No Sh*t!!!!

"you are full of hatred."

For the ninety-millionth time: I hate Neo-Cons and Zionists.....ok?
      And what about you?
      I can clearly see the hate you and so many others have for anyone who goes against Israel.....or is that love, truly? Sure feels like hate to me. Talk about hypocrits! At least I name my hate and claim it!! Some people hide behind their religion and act like my man JC said about the Pharisees: like whitened sepulchers. All clean on the outside, but gut-rot on the inside.

Plus, you Israel defenders say Israel has the right to defend herself against invaders....so why don't the Palestinians?
      Did they WISH to be thrown out of their country?  I think not.
      Get a handle on the reality of the situation, not thepropaganda and rhetoric.

12. Truly Different profile image61
    Truly Differentposted 13 years ago

Wow, the Palestinians admitting that the Israeli blockade saves lives - Palestinian lives!!!!!

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/ne … e-1.295771

13. TMMason profile image60
    TMMasonposted 13 years ago

The israeli film a hoax?

No... what is the joke is the Islamic/leftists spin and attempt to twist this issue.

They, the "Activists", or Muslim martys to the rest of us, got what they were asking for.

Toooo bad for them.

So, an American teenager deserved to be shot 4 times in the back of the head?

You are an enemy of America IMO.....

Let me ask you, was was your response when Berg's head was cut off?

Did you say he deserved it too?

no because he didn't...

they did... they asked for it they got it.

14. lovemychris profile image77

Gotcha: an enemy who we are at war with is wrong to cut off an American soldier's head, but an American teenager on an aide mission is fair game for Israel to kill.

I didn't say that... that is all you chrs.

Do you even read an answer when I write it?

lemme know when you actually understand what I write.

I said berg didn't deserve it... I never said anything about the one who beheaded him.

And that American teenager is not the American you are trying to make him out to be.

Islam supercedes any loyalty to a country... and the desire to be a martry was his choice.  you run a naval blockade in a war zone and get killed... don't cry to me about it.

15. lovemychris profile image77

It's not a war zone...it's an Israel has stolen Gaza and won't ever abide by law zone!
    Don't take my word for it, LOOK:

"Israel's blockade of Gaza is in large part motivated by the broader issue of control of Gaza's territorial waters, which contain significant reserves of natural gas. What is at stake is the confiscation of Palestinian gas fields and the unilateral de facto declaration of Israeli sovereignty over Gaza's maritime areas. If the blockade were to be broken, Israel's de facto control over Gaza's offshore gas reserves would be jeopardy. (See Michel Chossudovsky,War and Natural Gas: The Israeli Invasion and Gaza's Offshore Gas Fields, Global Research, January 8, 2009. See also Michel Chossudovsky, The War on Lebanon and the Battle for Oil, Global Research, July 23, 2006)"

Ahhhhhh... Makes sense now huh?
    More "war' for resources. So PNAC can RULE the WORLD!!

Yes, you should know by now. Follow the Money.

And you said Berg didn't deserve it but the kid did.
    I say neither one of them did.
    I don't kiss butt for Israel.

16. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

The problem with Israel is the influence of the Zionists and other fanatics.
    Personally I would prefer those who make decisions in Israel not to spend hours belting their heads on the wailing wall first!
    Palestine has the same problem with it's zealots for allah b***dust.
    Remove the lunatics from both sides and the people themselves are all the same. Honest decent and reasonable as they should be.

17. lovemychris profile image77

Israel already has nuclear weapons, we already give them aide, laws are already being broken. But it's Israel and America, so no one says a word.
    Above the Law, what?
    Spit-spot cheerio.

How nice to be us.

No. I'm not an activist of any kind. I don't believe in joining groups. Plus, as we can see--it's a good way to get yourself killed.

Memo to self: freedom of speech does not really exist. It's another fancy shell-game to pacify us  into subservience.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)