Soccer is gay

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (44 posts)
  1. TheWicklessCandle profile image57
    TheWicklessCandleposted 13 years ago

Soccer has got to be the gayest sport ever.

USA won?

Great. Now let me go back to writing.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

1. thisisoli profile image72
        thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

barely won, they were 2 minutes away from getting knocked out of the entire tournament.

So what. lol

2. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

sorry your so ugly and small, you know what I mean.

Very mature thread by  the way, hence this response

ps  are you gay btw?

3. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I didn't realise that a sport could have a sexuality.

I would suggest that sportsmen who feel the need to wear body armour whilst playing a sport in order to prevent a scratch or two are much greater candidates for homosexuality...

Exibit 1 - 'American Rugby'
      http://famewatcher.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/american-football-so-gay.jpg

Exibit 2 - 'Rest of the world rugby'
      http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/empics/4356493

Exibit 3 - 'Football' or 'soccer' as you call it.
      http://acstlfanatic.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/post-14-1103798552.jpg

I adjorn the court to allow the jury to consider the evidence....

1. ediggity profile image60
        ediggityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's unmistakeably called Football, because it's the hardest hitting sport there is, and this is with full pads:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/032mdia2ZA9ir/x350.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_35kDzNt-gTQ/STq4uP3bPJI/AAAAAAAABHk/tLDXV91eXLM/s400/sports-injury-picture-football-player-crashes-NFL-injuries.jpg

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/the-huddle/2009/10/seahawksx-large.jpg

http://sports.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/big_hit_-_football__3_.jpg

http://nbcsportsmedia2.msnbc.com/j/apmegasports/200808232010726258241-pf.hmedium.jpg

I've seen some questionable rugby before myself:

http://outsports.com/jocktalkblog/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/bingham16g.jpg

and soccer:

http://www.uncoached.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/gay_soccer_12.jpg

http://www.uncoached.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/gay_soccer_3.jpg

Not to mention soccer players cry every time someone brushes up against them, hoping the ref will pull a card.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

How old are you?

3. fresnavee profile image57
    fresnaveeposted 13 years ago

I really think that was something immature to say. The polite thing would be to just let it go by. I don't yell at the overweight people who ride on their electric scooters in the middle of the road, I just pass them by in my car being careful not to hit them.

4. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

Calling things 'gay' is moronic.

1. saddlerider1 profile image58
      saddlerider1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Moron meant Happy as a Lark..gay was a Happy word of endearment back in the 18th and  19th century. LOL today everyone is Unhappy, we need more Gay in our lives:0)))

1. ilmdamaily profile image68
        ilmdamailyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like someone's having a partaaaayyyy!

lol:-P

2. psycheskinner profile image82
        psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think he was saying soccer is happy.

5. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Soccer is a much more dificult sport than many people give it credit for.

I was sat next to some guy today who kept comparing mistakes to lack of mistakes in American football, without realising that the football (soccer) players were not stopping to discuss tactics every 3 minutes.

However I strongly recommend you look for a video on the onion about soccer coming out of the closet, was pretty funny!

6. JBrett profile image60
    JBrettposted 13 years ago

We are a hard core soccer family!  How rude to call it gay!

7. TheWicklessCandle profile image57

you're right.

I'll change now.

Haha.

1. profile image0
      fierycjposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pls, can someone tell me who this lil &*%$# is?

1. ilmdamaily profile image68
        ilmdamailyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Probably someone who feels that piles of men with their flesh pressed against each other that you find in American football are totally "not gay."

For a [guy?] that sells scent based products, he's sitting in a failry large glass house...

Incidentally, what's so bad about being gay?

1. mrpopo profile image73
          mrpopoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ho oh! I usually don`t commend people on a burn, but that one was called for. Nice tongue

8. Len Cannon profile image89
    Len Cannonposted 13 years ago

List of gay things:

1. Dudes bangin'
    2. Soccer
    3. Writing about scented candles.

1. mega1 profile image78
      mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

4. lunch with your mom at the cafe when you're 14

1. Len Cannon profile image89
        Len Cannonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hahaha

9. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

huh? this whole thread  "#5@!!**@wwwwwwrrrrrrrrrghhhhh"!

what?

10. kerryg profile image84
    kerrygposted 13 years ago

Hmm, I might watch it more if it were gay. Then maybe the guys would play like this!

http://i46.tinypic.com/16bzqky.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/24fz7nr.jpg

tongue

Thank you, Annie Leibovitz! I've always said soccer players had the second best bodies, after dancers.

11. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

ahhhh . . . wonderful - soccer bodies!  yes!  except dancers don't get as many dings and bruises.  I think.  or maybe not.  I don't know.  I will go check on that.  gladly

1. kerryg profile image84
      kerrygposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Clearly somebody needs to conduct an in depth study of this question, with regular physical examinations. Volunteers, ladies?

1. mega1 profile image78
        mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

of course, I will go look at the male soccer players and dancers and you can look at the females

12. jondav profile image71
    jondavposted 13 years ago

FOOTBALL is it's name.

The Fédération Internationale de Football Association (International Federation of Association Football), commonly known by its acronym, FIFA

Union des Associations Européennes de Football. UEFA, Union of European Football Associations, commonly known by its acronym, UEFA

Call me picky if you will, but it is just wrong calling it soccer.

Therefore i win 1-0 and go through to the semi finals

13. TheWicklessCandle profile image57

Thanks!

No, I'm not gay. But if gay is a good thing to you, then by all means, enjoy soccer!

If it's bad, then don't enjoy it.

Take it how you want.

'You know what I mean.'

1. Polly C profile image90
      Polly Cposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you not realise how many men in this world enjoy soccer? If they were all gay the human race would be dying out by now! (not that there is anything wrong in being gay, btw)

I wouldn't go that far. roll

14. TheWicklessCandle profile image57

Oh, and it's 'you're.'

btw.

1. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can't imagine what it must feel like being wick-less, and I say goodbye without revealing your identity

You do however need to learn how to better develop your sock puppets before exposing them.

I do find you entertaining as I always have

Mind you still frivolous and not a thing to add to any topic.

Such class I see still causes you to shine

Play on dear Friend

I hope you do find your WICK.

Have an amazing day  big_smile

15. jondav profile image71
    jondavposted 13 years ago

lmao

16. TheWicklessCandle profile image57

Okay!

I will!

You too!

17. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

Polly let's pay no mind this thread is just gay lol

1. Polly C profile image90
      Polly Cposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol With that I'm off to bed now...enjoy the topic!

18. TheWicklessCandle profile image57

Oh,

I did.

19. lightning john profile image60
    lightning johnposted 13 years ago

labeling is dangerous!

20. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 13 years ago

I wonder how long TheDicklessCandle has been playing soccer?

21. TheWicklessCandle profile image57

Haha I was waiting for that previous post.

22. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

The toughest sport by far is australian rules football, where a knee to the chin is considered a fair tackle, and tehy don't use padding.

Soccer players do sometimes admittedly go down easily, however I would like to see how an american football plyer takes five metal studs to the ankle while runnign at full speed down the line.

For the record I have ripped my knee caps apart, torn ligaments, stretched tendons, and broken my knee playing English football, thats before mentioning broken nose, sprained ankles, ball to bollocks and so forth.

1. ediggity profile image60
      ediggityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Now imagine all of this happening to you at one time, during one play, with one hit wearing full pads.  That's American Football.

1. premierkj profile image68
        premierkjposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hurling is the toughest, fastest field sport in the world, normal guys beating the heads off each other (and i'm just glad none of you fella's know or even care about it, that's what makes it special). Up Tipp!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)