Which Church is the true Church?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (38 posts)
  1. profile image52
    haj3396posted 13 years ago

This Scripture tell you which church is the true church.

Rev 12:17And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Need to truly understand this scripture reply.

1. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This was after the man child was caught up into heaven.

The true believers were persecuted by the Dragon.  And then the woman that gave birth to the man child  (That Hebrew Nation) (not the Church) was giver wings of an eagle that she be carried away into the wilderness. (wilderness = rest of Roman empire)

Did the Christian Church give birth to Christ???  NO !

This was fulfilled when Hadrian (14 Emperor) Evacuated the Hebrew populace through out the Roman Empire leaving the Holy land desolate for the next 1650 years void of any Jewish settlements.

1. profile image52
        haj3396posted 13 years agoin reply to this

look at the scrpiture and brake it down;
        Rev 12:17And the dragon , who is the dragon (Rev 12-9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.)

was wroth, what is wroth (Genesis 4-5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell. angry )

with the woman, (who is the woman  Jeremiah 6-2 I have likened the daughter of Zion to a comely and delicate [woman]. The church)
        and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, ( Exodus 26-12 And the remnant that remaineth of the curtains of the tent, the half curtain that remaineth, shall hang over the backside of the tabernacle. Last day church}

which keep the commandments of God, (Exodus 20-3-17) and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. Rev 19-10

Now we understand the scripture so it should read, Rev 12:17And the Satan was angry with the church, and went to make war with the last day church, which keep the 10, and have the spirit of prophecy. This church is the true Church.

2. wilmiers77 profile image60
      wilmiers77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Dragon is the devil and the women represents the procreation of the body of Christ. in which God would not allow to be destroyed.

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Amen.

2. Sassypoetic profile image60
        Sassypoeticposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The dragon is Satan, the original serpent. He is a ferocious destroyer - the world powers represented in the wild beast have been under his rulership. Two opposing organizations have come clearly into view - the organization as pictured by the (WOMAN) and Satan's organization that challenges God ' s sovereignty.... It is not shocking to identify the ruling political powers with a wild beast...

The wild beast comes out of the sea which is a fitting symbol of the turbulent masses from which human governmemt springs.. Babylon the Great .... She is a global empire, she is Satan's counterfeit system that he uses in fighting against the seed.. Babylon the Great is the entire world empire of false religion..  4,000 years ago, God confused the tongues of the would - be builders of the tower of babel..

He made everyone start speaking different languages which was scattered to the ends of the earth taking with them the apostate beliefs and pratices that are the basis of most religion to this day.. Religion involvememt in the wars and politics of this 20th century is commom knowledge.. A classic example of the philandering of Babylon the Great is the share she had in the Spanish Civli War of 1936-1939..

In which at least 600.000 people were killed. So I say let's examine our religion and others for knowledge that is real... The Bible says seek the truth and God himself will make it known..

1. getitrite profile image71
          getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...or this could be just some poem written by some poet from the Bronze Age, with no divine meaning at all.  It could be something written, long ago, to baffle and confuse modern day gullible people so that these Bronze Age goat herders could go to their graves laughing.

2. profile image52

The Bible is clear that the true church is the church that keep the commandment of God and the spirit of prophecy. if the church do not have the two elements in them they are not the true church. Any church that worship God on Sunday is not the true church. So there is you starting point, which church is the true church.

2. wilmiers77 profile image60
    wilmiers77posted 13 years ago

Actually, after the resurrection of Jesus Christ, the church (Temple) is the body. The building is our gathering place to be edified by God and give glory to God for our salvation.

Different churches place emphasis on certain aspects of Christianity in the bible; certain scriptures. The right church for you is the church that edifies you the most.

1. profile image52

Hi Wilmler 77
      It's not about you, it's about God and what God want you to do. If I depend on myself I am lost. Proverbs 21:2
      Every WAY OF A MAN [IS] RIGHT IN HIS OWN EYES: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.

3. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 13 years ago

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww264/dmtryptamine/funny11.gif

1. profile image52

Hi Getitrite The world is only 6-7000 years old. God said in the Bible
      2 Timothy 2:15
      "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol lol

1. earnestshub profile image81
          earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The 7 thousand year old planet may be a bit hard to deal with in Australia. We have human history going back 40,000 years. smile

1. Cagsil profile image70

Good to know Earnest. Hope you are doing well today. smile

1. profile image0
              ShadowKing!posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Umm, haj3396,if you're advocating the earth & universe (E&U) are only 6-7 thousand years old, you have a serious scientific flaw on your hands. 1st, to imply the E&U are 6.9 thousands years old is implying the angels are as old as human history. It doesn't seem likely that an eternal God started every created thing (angels, man, cosmos) a mere 6 millenniums ago. 2nd, if you know anything about "light" then you'd understand the scientific facts about light's travel. Certain stars are trillions of light-years away meaning their distance is trillions of miles away. Science logically proves that inorder for these stars to exist NOW, in ratio to how far their light has travel to us, that they had to have existed many billions of years ago. Job says the "sons of God shout with joy" when the universe was created, proving scientifically they had to existed LONG before mankind. 3rd,  some Hebrew language scholars believe that Gen. 1:1 depicts the original creation of the universe & EARTH. Henceforth to Gen 1:2, they say the language depicts a renewal of the earth that likely occurred 6.9 thousand years ago.
              So according to this logical possibility, Getitrite's picture has much merit to it, haj3396.

But believe what you will, this is just food for thought.

2. earnestshub profile image81

Hi Cags. Great thank you. You're lookin good! smile

2. profile image52

no one ever said these item are 40,000 year old, they always say about, do that tell you anything. man can say anything to you and you will believe him, but if the God of heaven tell you something, you question it.

Carbon dated. Documented back 46,000 years. Don't you read anything but "the good book?"

2. getitrite profile image71
        getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You created a profile on hubpages just to be a jokester, right?  Because I hope that you are not seriously debating the age of the earth--with those numbers.

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Funny/th_ROFLSmiley.gif

1. profile image52

Reality only come through God, read the Bible and you will fine the truth and it will sat you free.

1. the pink umbrella profile image73
            the pink umbrellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

haj- hahahahahahahahahahahha stop it, your killing me!

1. profile image52

I would never do that, by the grace of God

2. Cagsil profile image70

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

2. the pink umbrella profile image73

getrite- lmfao! hahahahahahaha. youl never win here!

1. profile image52

I done want to win I want you to win.,and you can only doTHAT IN GOD

1. profile image50
          Anicholposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You very passionate in your beliefs haj but if you take everything written in the bible litteraly, your going to blow a gasket.

Pray for wisdom
          meditate and relax
          the bible says god knows whats in your heart so no need to analyze it in minute detail.

4. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

Yes, the Dragon is obviously the Devil. But the WOMAN is the church. The woman fleeing to the wilderness refers to the Great Apostasy (Dark Ages) which began its end in the Reformation, symbolically and literally in Martin Luther. The Child is Christ/his prophets.

It seems I know this stuff better than most religionists. Pity.

Additionally, there can be made no deduction about which church is the true church based on broadness of this scripture from Revelation. To assume otherwise is very unwise, indeed.

1. profile image52

Daniel Carter what are you doing but assuming, you have no way of say I am wrong, but to say God is wrong.

1. the pink umbrella profile image73

are you saying that you have the market cornered on God? Do you know him better than anyone else? If we disagree with you, than we are saying God is wrong? get off of your high horse, your just as clueless as everyone else.

1. profile image52

you are not saying I am wrong, because I have not told you what I myself believe. I have told you what God believe and states. What I believe done matter.

So you speak for god, and all the rest of humanity speaks for who?
            I guess this makes you the smartest person here right? lol

5. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Looking at this from a biblical prospective; Did I give birth to my Mom and Dad.

I don't know how many times in scripture that the Hebrew Nation is said to have been Gods cheating wife.
       His wife gave birth to his son.

If Christianity gave birth to Christ ?   
       Then Christianity is a product of Man and not of God?

For this reasoning;  The woman mentioned in Rev. 12 would have to have been that Hebrew Nation that had been long awaiting the arival of their Messiah.

And that Nation was carried away into the wilderness around 135-138 AD.

Revelation was given to John in 96 AD
      Rev1:1  things which MUST SHORTLY come to Pass!
         1:2   FOR THE TIME IS AT HAND

And 40 years that nation that this message was given to
    no longer existed.

Scripture says that they will feed her there for 1260 days.
    This computes to approx 1650 years.
       About the turn of the 1800 the Hebrews started moving back into Israel in great numbers.
       In 1844 the Caliphate signed their declaration of tolerance allowing the Hebrews to live within the cities of Israel.

In my mind there is NO doubt that This woman in Rev. 12 was the Hebrew Nation

1. profile image52

You still have not said any thing about Rev 12 :17 Identify the true church. I am not talking about all the other scriptures you gave.

6. profile image0
    AKA Winstonposted 13 years ago

Which Church is the true Church?  The one with the biggest guns.

7. MartieCoetser profile image69
    MartieCoetserposted 13 years ago

I know many Christians who make unsparing efforts to analise prophesy and poetry enclosed in the Bible. Some of them even call themselves professional catechizes, gathering students from all over. But look at their lives and you rarely see them beaming the LOVE of God. Their spouses and children are unhappy, their colleagues and friends are fed-UP from hearing “the end is near because this and that recent event were predicted in the Bible....”, and their neighbors never-ever receive a token of love or any of the contents of love from them. I personally think that one should spend his precious time on this earth by PRACTICING the love of God (Matthew 5). By the way, it is a well-known warning in our country: When you find the perfect church, please don’t join it because you will spoil it.

8. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

The one you go to of course! lol

9. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Just a thinking out loud moment before I go to bed.

There are two true churches. 
      One of light and another of darkness

And all of the compromises that lie in between.

The true church of light is in our hearts

The true church of darkness is in our intellect.

When Adam ate of the tree of   Knowledge  of good and evil
    the two churches came into conflict.

Just an interpretation; so this statemet don't mean anything.
    Don't take it too seriously.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)