1 billion impressions / thousand x 2.00

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)
  1. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

HP gets its Billionth Page View - http://blog.hubpages.com/2010/08/hubpag … -hub-view/

According to Google Calculator

1 billion divided by one thousand = one million

According to Hubpages - the average hubber earns between $2-$5 USD per 1000 impressions

So on the low end of the scale the site would have generated $2 Million USD in adsense

But since they only get 40% of impressions:

GC again:

2 million multiplied by .40 = eight hundred thousand

So 800,000 lowball estimate, how much more do you think they have earned additionally from the other affiliate programs?

They dont use all their impressions for adsense so there is no real way of calculating but I couldnt help but think wow, I billion impressions would earn me 8.5 million dollars! I wonder what they made!

What do you think?

1. Aficionada profile image80
      Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I thought we weren't supposed to discuss this.  Did I misunderstand?

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
        Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We're not discussing, we're just guessing.

2. sunforged profile image71
        sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not sure what you mean - this is estimation, only your own specific personal details from your dashboard are disallowed. Total earnings is actually an allowed number for disclosure if we were talking specifics, which we arent.

1. Aficionada profile image80
          Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is probably what I was thinking about.  I've only heard it in passing, so I didn't understand it clearly.  Thanks!

2. englightenedsoul profile image60
    englightenedsoulposted 13 years ago

I think more than 10 million.  They must be really doing well on the ebay front and though  have seen Paul Deeds mention that they average 0.11 per amazon click, I think it would still be a huge amount.  Interesting question though.  It looks like I would have lot of calculation to do when I go home!!

Consider that a great majority of HP users do not have ePn accounts and Amazon success is rather rare. Many if not most vocal Hubbers do not use that option effectively.

1. englightenedsoul profile image60
        englightenedsoulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I missed that point but still don't you think the economies of scale exists.  There are many hubbers who don't have an adsense account but have hubs and hubpages get 100% impressions.  And the likes of hubbers like Nelle, Mark and you who are a success with ebay,amazon and adsense, I tend to think that you all are making up for the non-performers(I know 3 hubbers won't make up the non-performing crowd but there would be many who are not vocal about their success).  And also the ads disabled hubs has hubpages ads.  And the most important point would be earning from referrals.  I think hubpages earns for referrals too from google if someone registers for a adsense a/c through hubpages.

Valid points.

But, I dont think the few even come close to balancing out the many though.

I dont have any accurate stats, but its usually suggested that 90+% of people who try and make money online quit before their first ten dollars.

Some HP earnings reveals:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubbers-Reveal- … s-Earnings

his math suggests 2.62 per day per 100 hubs

and Relaches poll of HP earnings

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/3549940_f260.jpg

http://hubpages.com/hub/Improve-Your-Hub-Earnings

3. lakeerieartists profile image62
    lakeerieartistsposted 13 years ago

That's an interesting question.  What percentage of HP users have ePn accounts and Amazon accounts?

4. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

It does not seem that much to me. I would have thought that hubpages is getting more expensive to run with more staff, more bandwidth to pay for, as well as software licences etc.

I hope they make a fortune and keep letting me earn on here. smile

5. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 13 years ago

How much do you think they've had to payout in expenses?

IDK - I hear SanFran Rent is pretty steep

Staff is small

Hosting isnt expensive in the scheme of things

Couldnt guess how much was needed in initial advertising or continues to be spent.

But, it was a  fun guesstimation for earnings, not profit.

http://techcrunch.com/2006/08/05/hubpag … r-winblad/

6. englightenedsoul profile image60
    englightenedsoulposted 13 years ago

@Sunforged

Thanks for the detailed reply.  I think now I get it.  But it would be fun calculating how much they earn when I go home.  I would keep all the factors that you mention in mind while calculating.  I love doing maths!!

7. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

There are too many variables and unknowns (at least to me) for me to even be able to think about guessing.  Trying to do a Rubiks Cube in 3 minutes would be less disturbing to my brain than trying to guess about this.   smile

8. Charles James profile image68
    Charles Jamesposted 13 years ago

I expect they are making a profit by now. I hope so, as otherwise Hubpages would fold.
    They provide an outlet for us writers that we are free to use or not. They provide a service to advertisers they are free to use or not.
    What is good - and not entirely necessary - is the attempt to create a community. I have learned a lot from some of the articles and postings. There are some Hubbers I admire whom I had never heard of previously. There are also a number of Hubbers I have no feelings about, and one or two I really do not like. A bit like the people in my own community.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)