another site reports problems with Jerrico Usher

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (53 posts)
  1. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 16 years ago

On a site called BWE Watch (BWE Watch was created to evaluate the key players in the Brain Wave Entrainment industry, expose scams and promote informed buying decisions.) I found the following entry regarding "Jerrico Usher" and it dates back to 2004.

You can read the entire entry at
    http://www.freewebs.com/bwewatch/jerrico-effect.html

1. thecounterpunch profile image60
      thecounterpunchposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Funny at least he's genuinly himself big_smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I'm sad to hear that.  I've been in writers groups with people like Jerrico - suffering from verbal diarrhoea - and it's been great to see them learn about editing and self-control from the group, and become good writers in the end.  I was hoping we'd be able to help Jerrico in that way, but it sounds like he isn't capable of learning from experience, if he's been through all this before on another forum.  Which leads me to wonder, like Mark, if there isn't some underlying problem.  I do hope, for his sake, that he works out what it is.

2. C.M. Vanderlinden profile image62
    C.M. Vanderlindenposted 16 years ago

Wow....that is just crazy. I'm not surprised, but jeez....

3. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Does not surprise me a tiny bit. Good find, though, thanks for sharing smile

4. Mark Knowles profile image57
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

I can't believe you went to the trouble of looking for that wanker, but I can't say I am surprised. big_smile

He seems to have gone from here?

You got to admit - he was kind of fun, but clearly ill.

1. jimmythejock profile image82
      jimmythejockposted 16 years agoin reply to this

calling him a w***** is not a personal attack! then what is?......jimmy

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
        Mark Knowlesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I have not attacked him directly. I have not got into any arguments with him. I think he is a wanker, but I have also said he needs help. Clearly you are another one looking for an argument and I am not sure why.

I notice you did not go back through all the threads and find instances where I had offered help and advice to him and asked him to behave more appropriately But if you want to get into it I am more than happy to do so.

Lets start with the dictionary definition of the word "active" shall we?

We could compare stats if you like?

5. djtphn1 profile image73
    djtphn1posted 16 years ago

I think he was quite wierd....he emailed me several times attempting to befriend me, saying he can read people and that he saw something in me, a sadness and why was I so saaaaadddddd, blah blah blah.....it is scary that you found this.....has anyone googled him, I bet there is more.....
    DJ

6. djtphn1 profile image73

But hey you guys, his hubscore was HIGHER than mine and that is what pissed me off as he did not know how to spell and just ranted on about nothing and he started to get to be a point or two higher than mine, so what does that say......people read his stuff, obviously, he had alot more comments than mine do, and he had more fans than me.....so, I guess what he did served his purpose....maybe I should start ranting and raving!  LOL!

1. embitca profile image84
      embitcaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Apparently hubscore is no indicator of sanity wink

hubscore is , at least in part determined by your activity on the forums - and no one could say he wasn't an active member. big_smile

1. C.M. Vanderlinden profile image62
          C.M. Vanderlindenposted 16 years agoin reply to this

LOL Very true. He was active here. Very, very....very active... wink

2. C.M. Vanderlinden profile image62
      C.M. Vanderlindenposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Nooooooo! LOL

7. embitca profile image84
    embitcaposted 16 years ago

Reading parts of that feels a lot like deja vu big_smile

8. djtphn1 profile image73

I kind of did that on purpose so that people wouldn't miss him too much!

9. djtphn1 profile image73

Oh, I did not think it could matter that much, especially with the way he wrote.....well, he will remain forever in our hearts, God Rest his Hubber soul!

10. profile image0
    IĆ°unnposted 16 years ago

why are any of you spending time googling the internet for hours searching for him?

11. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 16 years ago

It took me all of five seconds to find this.  And I think it's helpful to know when someone is a newbie with inexperience, or a chronic problem user.

12. profile image0
    IĆ°unnposted 16 years ago

that really creeps me out.

you didn't want him here.  he's gone.  let him annoy someone else somewhere else, rather than following him around across the internet.  they have a name for that.

13. gamergirl profile image86
    gamergirlposted 16 years ago

I welcome relache's findings.  They only confirm the fact that Jerrico had a track record for being nasty on the internet toward people when there was no need or foundation for such.  I'm sorry if that sounds mean, but it is true.

Thank you relache.

14. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Do we have to argue over him? Is he gone but his spirit is still here?

15. gamergirl profile image86

You're right, Misha.  He unpublished his hubs, deleted his profile and such.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE.. 

Wait.. there is something to see..

Mark wears a medium bikini top!  *GASP*

That may have been a teeny weeny bit of exaggeration, sad

2. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 16 years agoin reply to this

No he hasn't.

1. gamergirl profile image86
        gamergirlposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Oh no.  When I looked at his profile perhaps an hour or two ago it was empty, no hubs or anything.  sad sad

16. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

I don't wear any tongue  Nothing fits sad

17. Mark Knowles profile image57

Relache is quite right.

Not only that,, he is active now. It's like a ...... resurrection. smile

Although his hubscore has been severely dropped. big_smile

Welcome back Freddie * evil laugh*

18. PurpleZen profile image61
    PurpleZenposted 16 years ago

All this is like driving by a wreck on the highway. I don't want to read about it, and it has nothing to do with me...but I just.... can't... resist...looking....

PurpleZen

19. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

I bet only Paul can tell what's going on smile

20. djtphn1 profile image73

oOOOHhhhmmmmmyyyyygoooooodddddddddddd, that is so creepy

You certainly have a way with words big_smile

21. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 16 years ago

He just joined my fan club, and it seems a bunch of other people that had words to him on the forums... :-/

22. kpfingaz profile image66
    kpfingazposted 16 years ago

Good afternoon folks,

Just dropping in to see whats up. Creepy stuff going on. I guess that's what the "jerrico effect" is.

For real though, you guys are paying tooooo much attention to him. I bet he's smiling and doing his evil laugh, right now.

23. djtphn1 profile image73

he rejoined mine.....I am hysterical right now you guys, you can't even know!

24. gamergirl profile image86

I'm almost afraid of what's going to happen next.

25. djtphn1 profile image73

You are absolutely right....I am going to stop now and sign off this forum!  Thanks for bringing me back to earth!

26. jimmythejock profile image82
    jimmythejockposted 16 years ago

I am probably going to lose alot of fans over this but what you guys have done here is nothing other than bullying, Jerrico had unpublished his hubs and had probably decided to leave hubpages,but you guys just had to keep pushing even after he had done so, I am glad that you came back Jerrico, it proves that you have a spine, and i am proud to be first to join your fanclub.
    Jerrico is a fellow hubber, we may not agree with what he says or how he puts things across, but that is no reason to hound the guy. after all look further than the screen people he is human just like us...........jimmy

It's fair to say that you are not particularly active on the forums. If you were, and found every thread you started hijacked and filled with meaningless garbage you might think differently.

I personally like the guy, have told him so and helped him when asked, but it is difficult to continue when every post gets in to an argument.

Mark Knowles
        It's fair to say that you are not particularly active on the forums. If you were, and found every thread you started hijacked and filled with meaningless garbage you might think differently.
        [/quote wrote:

this post will make it 360 posts for me and that makes me non active, does that also mean that my 570 hubpages and the 8 hours most days that I spend on hubpages is not very active?
        I think that there are many who would disagree with you.

2. profile image0
      IĆ°unnposted 16 years agoin reply to this

well you didn't lose me.  nothing makes me much sicker than watching a bunch of so-called adults act like a pack of hyenas with the scent of rotting flesh in their nostirls.

jimmy, I'm proud to call you a friend.  you're a good man.

I agree with that sentiment, but still, I have found it very difficult to interact with Jerrico and have tried to help him integrate, but he is like talking to a brick wall.

27. Mark Knowles profile image57

My honest opinion is that he  is ill.

I mean that - this is not normal behavior.

If hubpages had a doctor, I would be calling about now.

He is joining every one's fan club manically. Although I did find it entertaining that jimmythejock joined Jerrico's right back big_smile

Seriously - we need to ignore this guy on the forums - not respond to any posts and hope he does get his account shut down.

28. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 16 years ago

Yes Mark, I'm concerned about him too.  His forum posts are always long-winded, but sometimes they've taken a wild turn into the positively incoherent - and the fact that he created a whole thread to apologise, then went straight back to his old behaviour with no provocation, isn't rational. 

However in my book, that's reason for sympathy and support, not ridicule or attacks.

I agree. I have not nor will I ever ridicule him. I have asked him to be more coherent and stop messing up a thread i am on, but that's it. And if you see the latest addition, I will say what I have said to him before - get some help guy.

29. Mark Knowles profile image57

All right, I will rephrase that - I have not seen you be particularly active on the forums in the time that Jerrico has been here. Is that better?

i read almost every forum post during my time on the site, but I dont reply to every post because someone has already given the answer that i would have given or because i dont actually have a clue about the topic that is being discussed, I think that makes me active.

You are missing the point I was trying to make. By active, I mean responding to questions, making comments on others' comments and interacting with the others. I personally have found it distracting and annoying to see 1000 word blocks of text quotes followed by another unreadable 1000 words in the same block. If you had been "active" in a thread and that had happened to you, and you had politely asked the person doing it to stop - as I have, you would think differently.

Like I said, I have not attacked him, I have tried to help him and have actually spent a fair amount of time helping him with his hubs. You ask him - he will probably say yes. One thing he doesn't do is lie.

I honestly think he is ill. I also think he needs some help and have told him so.

I was not attacking you personally. I think you are a great hubber and I like what you do.

30. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 16 years ago

Yes Mark, your comments have always been fair - I guess it's the cumulative effect of multiple posts, some of them less measured, that adds up to an impression that everyone is out to get him.

31. gamergirl profile image86

I like jimmy too.

32. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 16 years ago

Hey guys -- how about you just agree to disagree, and stop talking about Jerrico.  He's promised to stay out of the forums, so I don't think it is appropriate to discuss him here where he can't respond.  It's even sillier to get in an argument about him, than it is to get in an argument with him.

33. Mark Knowles profile image57

Fair enough. I'm off.

34. jimmythejock profile image82
    jimmythejockposted 16 years ago

thanks Paul but personally i think that this whole thread should be deleted, the guy had left hubpages and they kept at it, it looks bad for hubpages as a whole.....jimmy

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)