Why are you loving God?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (47 posts)
  1. jacobkuttyta profile image43
    jacobkuttytaposted 13 years ago

What are the reason behind your love of God?

1. sofs profile image77
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You love God because he chose you, he loved you first, he has done all he needs to do for you. Wouldn't you love a person if they did all this for you?
      I love Him for who he is, for all that he has done for me, His mercy is new towards me every morning and his Grace is sufficient for me!

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image69
      LeslieAdrienneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Because He first loved me.....

3. profile image50
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Creator -God Allah YHWH has given me life with everything needed by me i.e. hands, to do things, feet to travel, mind to think, eyes to see, ears to hear; and so on and so forth; this is in me.

Outside a beautiful, natural, picturesque world or Universe.

The life is so beautiful that nobody wants to lose it.

I therefore thank the Creator-God Allah YHWH who provides me and sustains me; of course I have to do my job and earn everything; that is the proper use of the things provided by Him.

I therefore thank Him and love Him.

When I die; i will be even more thankful to him when he provides a better life than this one.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

4. IntimatEvolution profile image68
      IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't know.

5. TamCor profile image80
      TamCorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry that you can't post a sincere question about God without being ridiculed.

I have no reason--I just love Him, period. smile

6. pjk_artist profile image63
      pjk_artistposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love God because naught loves another more than itself.

7. chadeddy profile image60
      chadeddyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What IS love? Is it emotions and feelings, or just based on those?  Or maybe it's absent of all emotion?  Just a stoic decision?
      Why do I love God? I certainly don't FEEL 'love' for Him all the time, though that comes and goes.  Sometimes I'm angry at Him, as if I have the right and the insight to be.  Maybe a better question is "how do you love God?"
      But why do I keep coming back to Him, back to WANTING to love Him, back to actually, yes, LOVING Him?
      Because of Who He is. That includes His Character AND (yes) His promises, AND (yes) the fact that He loved me first, even when I was His enemy by my own choosing.  When love reaches out to you, you can have two responses - one is to turn away and deny the love, the other is to turn toward and embrace the love and to love in return.
      I love God because He loved me first, because He hasn't turned His back on me or humanity but still rises the sun (yes I know the earth orbits the sun but allow me to wax poetic will you?), refreshes with His rain, maintains and sustains life and seasons and beauty and colour, sound and rhythm.  In Him all things are held together.  All love I've ever experienced has originated in Him.  All good things I've ever been blessed with are from His hand. It's hard not to love the One who has given Everything to me.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image61
        Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's wonderful chadeddy, I will continue to love God no matter how many people laugh and ridicule me. It doesn't hurt me. It causes me to love God even more. Praise God!!

8. kmacox profile image59
      kmacoxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love God because He is mySelf, He is my whole being, the I that I am, He is my life, my familly my finances, my Good, my house the whole of it, how could i not love Him.
      K

9. profile image49
      ChristianSoldierposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love God because God gives me chances in life. God helps me to deal with the cruelties of men. Life is tough, and that is why I need God. Jesus and I walk together til death.

10. lcg4jc profile image72
      lcg4jcposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dearest I am so glad that you have asked a question revolving ones love for God. As I read the answers on this forum, I see the same old naysayers trying to spoil what would be a very pleasant, uplifting, exhortful devotional sharing one's personal experience of God's love.
      I have said this before, I will say it again, too bad there are so my immature people claiming to be intelligent adults that simply spend their time ranting and raging over things they can't grasp or understand.
      For once, I would like there to be civility amongst adults and their point of view. We can agree to disagree; place your view on the topic and leave it at that.

The questions asks Why are you loving God? Lets stay with the program and answer that specific question.

Before I give my response I would like to point out that the question is not whether or not you love God or if God is a fantasy of one's own imagination. The question takes into account that there are people who believe in God's existence and love God.

This initial forum is meant to answer this question alone: "Why are you loving God?"

Now with that said, I love God because God is love. God has poured out His love into our hearts through His Spirit that lives and abides within every believer.

Love is not conditional. The love of God is given freely without merit or warrant. His love for His creation is eternal. There is nothing or no one that can separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. His love is everlasting.

When I think about mankind and the fickleness of their state, I often find myself thanking God for revealing Himself to me and for letting me know that LOVE in its purest form only comes from Him.

Love for God is not passive, it is active, the word describes His love "while we were yet sinners (enemies of God) Christ died for us (to reconcile us back to the Father).

God's character is love, without God love would not exist. God is love. In order for one to reciprocate this love toward God one must believe that God exists and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him diligently.

Yes, the reward is the assurance of His love. It is not the giving of His love, because love was already afforded toward all creation.

However, when one acknowledges His love, His person, His character, one then is open to receive the reward that comes from this knowledge. This reward is simply the assurance and peace of mind of being loved by God.

2. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

His non-existence ? Fun in debate ?

1. sofs profile image77
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good for you if you don't believe!  lol  lol  lol
      That's your lot in life!!

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, a real lot!

With no invisible god and no dead guy hangin around life takes on a good look. smile

2. skyfire profile image80
        skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I prefer empirical evidence to my beliefs. And i prefer not to live in boxed thinking which Christians do. So yes, that is more than a lot.

3. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

simple because HE punishes for not loving HIM..It is conditional love from god's side..worship me or else...little choice left than loving HIM...

Well said! There are a few things love is not.
      Two examples:
      It is not talking down to others by elevating yourself with religion .
      It is not conditional.

I wrote a hub about what love is and is not.

4. stilljustwonderin profile image61
    stilljustwonderinposted 13 years ago

Because he first loved us.  When I think of the pain and humiliation that Jesus went thru for us, there is no greater love than this.  I have felt his love pour over me.  Such an intense, beautiful love.

5. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

It is always easy to see what we consider the flaws in a plan.

And unless everyone involved cooperates, any plan is doomed for failure.

It would seem that everyone can come up with a better system.

Yet no one ever does. 

I seem to have gotten of topic. 
       He Loved me first. And he reached out to me as he does to every one that is his.

6. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Why he died or took pain for us ? That is lame, considering he's son of creator. Pains on cross are less painful in comparison to participating in supernova or meteor showers party. Creator's son who we can assume knows about supernova or meteor showers died on cross ? or felt any pain ?

*beats me*

7. Woman Of Courage profile image61
    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years ago

I love God because he first love me. I love him just for who he is, and I can put all my trust in him.

8. Rishy Rich profile image73
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

I love God because he first love me...Bullsh*t! People love him because he promises plenty of pleasures to his loved ones. The day God announces "Whether u love me or not, Im going to burn all ur asses in hell", people will stop loving him instantly. Its all conditional & selfish love. Nothing real.

There is no love in religion as it is conditional.

You can be loved if .................. is not love, it is dependence.
      The religious tomes all have conditions, psychotic conditions come before the "love"

Love doesn't come with conditions or threats.

9. alternate poet profile image66
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

People love god because it is a personification of the ego, and so it is a way for unloved people to get a fix.

10. jacobkuttyta profile image43
    jacobkuttytaposted 13 years ago

Thanks all for your posts

1. profile image56
      exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was believer that was in the world, was not going to church. one winter while taking out the trash I slipped and fell slid down some steps on my back, I would wake up in the mornings feeling ok, but as the day progressed pain would start, and keep getting worse, could not get into the Dr.'s office for several days. but one morning the Lord healed my back, after that I figured I owed it to Him to start going to church, I was filled with the Holy Spirit, baptized, and He changed me, Just knowing that He Loved me, made me a different person, and I was filled with His Love. somewhere in there I Loved Him back. It is a wonderful feeling, I would not trade that for any thing in the world

1. Woman Of Courage profile image61
        Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow, that's awesome! God has a way of showing us that he is God, and he allowed you to see that your back didn't just heal on it's own, but by the power of God 's love and healing.

C'mon guys! This is a Monty Python skit isn't it! lol lol lol

1. alternate poet profile image66
            alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There must be some level of regression where such childish drivelling as in this thread becomes certifiable.  But then I suppose when kids have learning difficulties we call them 'special' - maybe these apparent adults are also 'special' ?

Yep! Special people alright. smile

goddunnit again! lol

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a real god?

Cancer? "Here, let me get that! I'm omnipotent ya know!"

Starvation?

"Piece of cake! I mean loaves of bread"

"Children suffering? How did I miss that? I am omnipresent ya know!"

But nooooooooooooo too busy fixing a middle class religionist with a backache!

1. alternate poet profile image66

big_smile

No - really !!  you shouldn't laugh, I mean god probably put the lid back on his trash can for him while he was laying there getting confused !

So he is one of the elite ones? The type that god follows around all day caring for his every whim. .................
                  While letting the lesser people starve to death!

Good work if you can get it! lol lol lol

2. profile image0
            lambservantposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Truth makes some people very angry. Why is it so offensive to you that someone loves God? If you don't love him, that's your right. I don't mock you and hate you for not loving God. Nor does woman of courage, exhorter, sofs, Leslie Adrienne, or Tam Kor. If anger and hostility make you happy, then let me know at the end of your life how that has worked for you.  You are welcome and have the right to think, believe, and feel as you want, and to respond to these posts, but I wish you would believe in respect and show it by stating your views without hostility and sarcasm. God bless you earnestshub.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
              Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You do know, of course, your last line to Earnest could be construed as an insult!  Suppose he had said "Satan blesses you, Lambservant!"  Would that be something you might not care for?  Think about it!

2. alternate poet profile image66

I think you misunderstand - those of us who oppose the continual posting of religious drivel do so because we know it for what it is - and the self-indulgent 'god loves me - I love god' comments are just the smarmy face of an ideology that underlies the deepest divisions and hatreds in society.  The sooner people stop mouthing meaningless platitudes and start thinking of their fellow man the sooner we can get around to discussing reality.  It is essential to oppose your stone age ideology that would condemn humanity to nothing more than a thin layer in the fossil record.

3. earnestshub profile image80

I assume you know where to shove your worthless blessing?

I checked yet again. No. Still not angry smile

2. jacobkuttyta profile image43
        jacobkuttytaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is wonderful!!

11. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Yes, I can relate to that. I fell and hurt my back once. rested and hey presto my back repaired itself. So naturally I called it a miracle and based the rest of my life beliefs on it!

This was very very funny! lol lol lol

12. profile image0
    lambservantposted 13 years ago

I love God because as the Bible says and as some of you have said, He first love me. I don't believe it just because I read it, although the Bible is truth to me and it is God's way of communicating who He is, but I believe it because He has shown me love in a thousand ways. But if the only thing that God ever did to show that He loved me was to send Jesus to take my punishment on the cross, than that would be enough. I know this offends some of you, but I am not here to tickle your ears. I am hear to say, God I love you. And I hope someday you will love Him too.

No trouble with any of the starving then? smile

2. stilljustwonderin profile image61
      stilljustwonderinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is no greater love than the love that Jesus has for us.  It was the same for me.  I don't love him because of the Bible.  I was just reading the Bible in search of an answer for a decision I had to make.  I would pray.  Then one day as I prayed the most intense, marvelous love fell over me.  That convinced me.  How can ya not love some one who loves you the way he does?

1. Beelzedad profile image58
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It looks pretty obvious that you just made the decision to believe and your "marvelous love" was just your own feelings of that decision. You convinced yourself, nothing more.  smile

13. libby101a profile image61
    libby101aposted 13 years ago

I love God because I can! He gave me that choice and I chose to! I love God no matter what others have to say!

I look around me and see the beautiful creation of God and realize he loved me first! None of this could be possible without him!

14. BobbiRant profile image61
    BobbiRantposted 13 years ago

Because when I look at the earth I can see His love for mankind.  We could see in just black and white and would never know the difference, instead He gave us the ability to see His creation in all it's glory and color.  This 'world' is a beautiful place, it is the human governments and rule that makes it a bad place right now.  The 'system' we humans choose does not work.  Man does lead man to his own injury, it is true.  He (God) promises to rescue us from Satan's grip on this system in due time.  So how could I not love a generous God who holds out the promise of the paradise earth He once intended.  God has not changed his mind, but humans just think He has. Not so. He could have obliterated Adam and Eve when they fell short and started again, instead, out of love, He sent Jesus to give us All (future generations) the chance to live in paradise earth.  That's a lot of love for us.

15. inspiredbydg profile image61
    inspiredbydgposted 13 years ago

LOVE GOD BECAUSE
    LOVE IS GOD and I GOT LOVE
    LOVE IS GOD and I GOT GOD
    LOVE IS WHO I AM
    LOVE IS WHO GOD IS
    We are One in Love and in who I am, we are part of each other.
    I have GOD's essence and so it's easy to be part of who I am.
    An Extension of GOD
    An Extension of GOD's Love

16. lostdogrwd profile image62
    lostdogrwdposted 13 years ago

we here because of God. God breath is in all life. man can not AND NEVER WILL MAKE LIFE. man will kill for with out God in you life , how can one know good. and when God life breath leave the flesh its dead and just not good.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)