Biblical world view?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (33 posts)
  1. Cedar Cove Farm profile image61
    Cedar Cove Farmposted 13 years ago

How do you view the world, biblically or secularily?  Explain.

1. stilljustwonderin profile image60
      stilljustwonderinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I view the world more biblically.   I find it interesting to watch things happen and see it falling in line to prophecy.  Like a giant puzzle with all the pieces falling together.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image61
        Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree completely.

2. profile image50
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just to remind that Jesus' Second Coming did already take place in the years 1835-1908; hence the fulfillment of the signs.

1. Jerami profile image58
          Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The foundation of my beliefs system is founded in the Old Testament prophesy.  It is upon this that I separate what I consider to be false doctrine and what is NOT.

That statement, I consider unequivocally  FALSE !!

According to what is written in scripture.
          Jesus said that there were people standing right in front of him that shall not taste of death until they have seen him coming in the clouds of heaven, sitting at the right hand of POWER.

Every preacher/teacher/theologian that I am aware of translates this to indicate "at the right hand of "GOD"  and that this is talking about the second coming.

You could be right, but I have explained why I don't think so,

2. Cedar Cove Farm profile image61
          Cedar Cove Farmposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Huh?  You mean people saw Christ return the way He left?

1. profile image50

How did Jesus leave?

3. getitrite profile image72
        getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm gonna bet that this is just your imagination.

2. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
      AdsenseStrategiesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why are these the only choices you're giving me

3. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

after having a world wide travel job for years....Biblically. Amasing to me how much so.

4. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Naturally. It is nature, isn't it? smile

1. dutchman1951 profile image61
        dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are very correct Beelzedad, it is

2. luvpassion profile image63
        luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Darn straight Mr. Beel and out there. smile

3. Bibowen profile image88
        Bibowenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is this like, "be good for goodness sake"?

Neither the "Biblical/Natural" nor the "Biblical/Secular" category schemes work. In what category would the Muslim fall? He's not operating from a biblical worldview, but he's no secularist or naturalist either.

2. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

And all the people laughed at Noah right up until the waters began to rise.
       Yes, I think that the last piece of the puzzle is being lowered into place.

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Some of us are still laughing about Noah Jerami. smile

Ha Earnist...  You never know when I speaking metaphorical  or literally 
          Huh

A lota folks may think that I'm on the fence between Atheism and religiosity.   

I like to think that I'm walking straight up the middle.

They do say that the path is wide and the gate is narrow!

When the road comes to an end for me; I'm betting on there being  a gate someplace near the middle of the path.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
          Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Fortunantely, you missed the boat, Jerami!  Those "Heavens Gate" folks all committed suicide when Hale Bopp came around!  You can still wear the Nike sneakers though!  LOL!

Na  I'll wait.  Don't want to get on any bus till I get through the Gate.

2. princess g profile image61
      princess gposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've read the bible, and I don't recall reading anything about all the people laughing at Noah before the flood.....weird. Maybe I read a different book than you did?

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well they would have laughed themselves sick if they had seen a bloke trying to load 2 of each on a boat that would not have even held the bird shit! lol

2. couturepopcafe profile image61
        couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm not taking sides in this one but there was no mention of laughing of any kind in Genesis regarding Noah.  Probably just in the movies and assumed to be what might have happened in a real world scenario.

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
          couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Here's something I don't get - when someone posts a question, why do the people who are not interested post a reply in the form of sarcasm?  And why do the people who are interested post a retort in riddles and more sarcasm?  Intelligent conversation is the way people learn about different points of view.  Disagree if you will but at least let us understand why you hold certain beliefs.  earnestshub is a perfect example of someone who presumably has in-depth knowledge of psychology but does not enlighten.  He is quick with slings and arrows, some of which hit their mark but they make no impact if the inuendo is lost.  Perhaps you've missed your calling, earnestshub.  The stage loves people who are quickwitted and can make fun of anyone.  This is not intended as a slam on you.

3. Shadesbreath profile image76
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

Every generation always thinks THEIR generation is the "big one" the "one that mattered" the one "where the important events will take place."  If there's any great joy in literature and history it is reading the self assessment, the conversation, if you will--in a way just like this one today--written by temporal waves of people who were so certain that THEY were standing there at the edge of destiny, every time, over and over, culture after culture after culture.  LOL.

Nobody wants to think of themselves as just another batch of the same coordinated monkey people that has been humping about for few hundred thousand years.  Too boring.  Not grand enough. 

OUR GENERATION IS THE ONE THAT UNDERSTANDS!!!!! THOSE OTHER GUYS WERE PRIMITIVE. THAT OTHER COUNTRY HAD BAD SCIENCE, THE WRONG RELIGION, WORSHIPPED A FALSE GOD, FOLLOWED AN ERRONEOUS PROPHECY!

Yawn.

1. profile image49
      teganzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great discussion.

Of you're interested in taking action, check out Chuck Colson's Centurions Program.

All the best,
      Tegan
      Advocate of Centurions

1. Shadesbreath profile image76
        Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was bored, so I did.  It's just another church group trying to reinvent the same old, tired religion whose holy book is too fraught with absurdities to be taken seriously despite how many really awesome moral tales are woven into it.  There are awesome moral tales woven into all the other major religions too.

I'm sure these guys are all discovering new and amazing emotional depths that have never been discovered by the millions of "world view thinkers" that came before them throughout the ages ... certainly these are the first of that sort to ever grace humanity... etc. (Because, like I said above, the current generation is always the one that gets it so much better than those rubes in generations past).

It's the same awe and mystery and emotional button pressing that is always at work at the formation of every cult or "Awakening" movement in history.

Frankly, nothing forward moving is going to happen until all you guys stop trying to convince everyone else that you are the guys who got it right.  THAT is a HUGE part of the problem, despite how many times each group tries to reinvent itself and puts up another expensive church on another street corner.  None of you got it right, and just because one of you finally figures out how to bring about the apocalypse and kill everyone, that will not have made the prediction of it "true." 

If I predict that one day someone will kick my dog and then I go over and kick my dog, that does not make me a prophet or an instrument of God's will.  I just makes me a d!ck.

You're entitled to this.  We'll know, for sure, when we die.

2. Bibowen profile image88
          Bibowenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In this lament over the Bible-thumpers thinking they're always right, are you sure you're right, and if so, how sure?

I am sure I am right on one thing only, my faith in Jesus Christ and His word makes me sure.  The rest is discussion.

4. IntimatEvolution profile image67
    IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

Spiritual.smile

What's to explain about that?

1. profile image50

Jesus died a natural and peaceful death in India. He is buried at Mohallah Khanyar, Srinagar, Kashmir, India. According to one tradition he died at the age of 120/125 years.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image67
        IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Alrighty then.  There you have it folks.tongue

Nevertheless, I still think that spirituality needs no explanation.

1. profile image50

When Jesus came in the Jews; they were waiting for the Second Coming of the Elijah who had , as per Bible, gone to the skies with his chariot and horses.

Jews asked Jesus about Elijah's Second Coming; Jesus replied that his cousin John was the person who has come in the form of Elijah, in spirituality.

Jesus Second Coming has been like explained by him above; in spirituality in the form of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908.

One may accept him or not; no compulsion.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)