Blogatiser.com category suggestions.

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (43 posts)
  1. hobsdv profile image61
    hobsdvposted 15 years ago

I am starting this thread for vategory suggestions on www.blogatiser.com this will make it easier for me to find all the suggestions rather than browse through the original thread about this website.

1. vietnamese profile image68
      vietnameseposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Is this the site which got all hubber on first page awhile back?

2. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image79
    LdsNana-AskMormonposted 15 years ago

Please consider adding these categories as well...

Parenting
    Relationships
    Marriage
    Spirituality
    Shopping
    Culture
    Beauty
    Books
    Cooking or Food
    Travel
    Women
    Men

Just some thoughts:-)

Kathryn

3. Dorsi profile image88
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

Thanks David for being so open on asking us what categories are helpful- I would like to see a category for the arts- and if you needed subcategories some of them could be:

general arts
    fine art
    writing
    photography
    poetry

Thanks!
    Dorsi.

4. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

books
    literature
    history
    historical fiction
    libraries
    anthropology

5. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

I think blogging would sit under internet, wouldn't it? It's off by itself at the moment.

Jenny

P.S. Go the HubPages Beta testing team - what a huge gift this is to David! A win-win if ever i saw one.

6. spuds profile image58
    spudsposted 15 years ago

You can never have too many categories.

7. qatarvisitor profile image60
    qatarvisitorposted 15 years ago

I think it's a great website and it  seems to have taken off - you must be chuffed. I've already asked my friends to join.

However, I suggest you add a help section and/or an FAQ section, an about section so people can quickly get the main idea of your website and a privacy policy so Google trusts your website. Google, in an email from the Inside Adsense team, linked to this PDF of sample privacy policies: http://www.networkadvertising.org/pdfs/ … ciples.pdf

I also can't see where you add your adsense id.

hobsdvposted 15 years agoin reply to this

All these things are coming i will be launching the support forum l8tr

and about us pages will follow.

2. Whitney05 profile image82
      Whitney05posted 15 years agoin reply to this

When looking at your profile, underneath your picture and homepage, there's a link that says "modify." Click that. That's where you add your google ID.

I'm just not sure why you add it. Can you explain the benefits for adding the google id, hobsdv?

because 75% of the adsense earnings on that site are shared with our members.

8. qatarvisitor profile image60
    qatarvisitorposted 15 years ago

Sorry, just noticed this was for category suggestions only!!

9. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

Animals/Pets

I'd say that gadgets and mobile phones would go under technology versus internet.

10. Write On! profile image70
    Write On!posted 15 years ago

How about...

Pop Culture
    Science
    POLITICS
    Humanitarian
    Opinions

I am enjoying the  camaraderie with other hubbers over on blogatiser.com  I enjoy supporting and being supported by others.  It is fun to see published, some articles of hubbers that I had missed. 

Thanks everyone!

Write On!

1. Shirley Anderson profile image71
      Shirley Andersonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Susan, are you saying that articles published here are also on blogatiser?  Is that Kosher?

1. Whitney05 profile image82
        Whitney05posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Very cool. Guess I need to enter in my adsence then. ;-) Is the ca before the pub ok?

They're not published there. You just write a short excerpt and the link is there for people to click and read more.

1. qatarvisitor profile image60
          qatarvisitorposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your help Whitney. Should have looked around more. I generally find these things are of more promotional value than adsense wise, but it seems a shame to put the adsense id at the same time. Its a good idea. hobsdv, gives you a different angle from Digg.

2. Shirley Anderson profile image71
          Shirley Andersonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thx, Whitney.  I think I'm going check it out.

11. hobsdv profile image61
    hobsdvposted 15 years ago

ok guys i have launched the support forums
    http://www.blogatiser.com/forums/

12. Whitney05 profile image82

Can you add a body art category under health and move gadgets and mobile phones under technology.

Also, alphabetizing the categories would make them look much neater and cleaner.

I was going to leave this as a post in the forums, but after one attempt to log in, it said that I had used up my attempts to log in.

13. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

David,

Not exactly category suggestion, but suggestion. For better SEO you may consider making page title to follow the story title. Currently it does not change and always reads: "Blogatiser - Advertise you blog posts" for every page of your site.

this has now been done.

all category suggestions have also been added

14. Eileen Hughes profile image62
    Eileen Hughesposted 15 years ago

Can we please have a crafts section ..

15. chantelg4 profile image68
    chantelg4posted 15 years ago

I second the suggestion above!

16. Whitney05 profile image82

Where are you hobsdv... You haven't responded to any of our suggestions with a yey or ney. :-(

17. Whitney05 profile image82

hobsdv, may I suggest again that you alphabetize the categories. Right now they're all mixed up and it looks a little sloppy. Plus, it's hard to find the category you're looking for because they're out of order...

This is currently being worked on.

18. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

For some reason, I got logged out of Blogatiser and can't find my password.  The password I had saved doesn't seem to work. I have asked for my password to be sent 3 times but it hasn't arrived in my mailbox.

send me an email using the contact form with the username and password you registered with and i will look into it for you.

19. Whitney05 profile image82

Hobsdv, I noticed you alphabatized most of the categories. Thanks! It makes searching through them so much easier. You still have Business at the end and something else (I forget) that's out of order. Also, a few of the sub-categories are out of order... Sorry if I'm being nit-picky.

all cats are now in order

20. Whitney05 profile image82

You forgot Education ;-) Sorry if I'm being a pain about it

Done i will also be adding some more sub cats over the coming days

21. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years ago

I suggest some sub categories on
    gem and jewelery:

Diamond
    precious stones
    Semi-precious stones
    Jadau jewelery
    diamond jewelery
    gold jewelery
    costume jewelery
    silver jewelery
    studded jewelery
    ganga-jamuna jewelery
    victorian jewelery
    ethnic jewelery
    tribal jewelery
    thewa art jewelery
    imitation jewelery
    copper jewelery

22. Whitney05 profile image82

Hobsdv, thanks :-) Can't wait to see the new categories.

Jyoti, those could be groups as jewelry and stones versus all those little categories. It would be very cluttered if hobsdv added all of those.

23. compu-smart profile image90
    compu-smartposted 15 years ago

Have i missed something!? blogatiser has been down for a few days!?

24. WHoArtNow profile image82
    WHoArtNowposted 15 years ago

I was just going to check it out and noticed it was down too, very strange!

25. compu-smart profile image90

Time to move on to bigger and better things i guess!! lol

26. WHoArtNow profile image82
    WHoArtNowposted 15 years ago

Would seem so! I've also only just noticed that this post had been dormant for 4 months!

27. compu-smart profile image90

I just noticed too!!

above comment was asking for much

Diamond
    precious stones
    Semi-precious stones
    Jadau jewelery
    diamond jewelery
    gold jewelery
    costume jewelery
    silver jewelery
    studded jewelery
    ganga-jamuna jewelery
    victorian jewelery
    ethnic jewelery
    tribal jewelery
    thewa art jewelery
    imitation jewelery
    copper jewelery

lol

28. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

are people still using this site? Would you recommend joining?

1. Dorsi profile image88
      Dorsiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

As far as I can see it's dead in the water. I'm not posting there anymore.

29. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

thanks Dorsi.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)