Just got back from HubCamp

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (37 posts)
  1. Dorsi profile image88
    Dorsiposted 13 years ago

I just want to say thank you to all of the HubPages staff for putting on the first ever Hub Camp. It was great getting to meet all of you - Paul, Robin, Maddie, Jason, Ralph and Simone (hope I didn't miss anyone!!)

It was great getting to meet Mighty Mom (what an awesome lady!!) and meeting ahostagesituation (she is a must follow too!) and sitting next to LunaRaven (looking forward to reading your poems Luna!)

Robin is an awesome teacher, and I love the new tutorials Simone! (great job Simone!!)

And Jason, you are a really cool guy!! And very helpful!

Check out all the new things HubPages has to offer us - they are always coming out with innovative and helpful things for us writers - to be even better writers - and make money at what we love to do.

I will be making a hub about some of the key things that personally spoke to me. Things that I feel are key to successful writing here on the big wide web. Titles are so important, keyword research and writing good content (which of course is KEY!!!)

HUB ON ALL OF YOU AND THANKS AGAIN HUBPAGES STAFF!! YA ALL ROCK!

1. Super Chef profile image60
      Super Chefposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why not publish a hub about what happened at Hub Camp and give us all some Insider secrets. That would be Awesome!!!

1. Dorsi profile image88
        Dorsiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm going to do that Super Chef! I definitely had some "light bulb" moments that I'd like to share!!
        It was very helpful and nice to put faces to names.

1. Super Chef profile image60
          Super Chefposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Really glad you enjoyed it Dorsi wish i could go to one

2. ahostagesituation profile image80
      ahostagesituationposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I missed the beginning, but I think they gave a great presentation! Robin is awesome.  I'm sad that I haven't seen anyone post about how good the cookies were.   I miss them.

2. Diane Inside profile image74
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

I wondered how it went, sounds great. So I gather you felt like you learned a few things. Hope some of you do write hubs on it, we would love the insight.

3. MPG Narratives profile image60
    MPG Narrativesposted 13 years ago

Lucky you Dorsi for being able to attend. I look forward to reading about what happened, be sure to add in all the juicy goss ok? big_smile

4. Dorsi profile image88
    Dorsiposted 13 years ago

Yeah y'all crack me up. I'm just so lucky to live here in the SF Bay across from HubPages. You are all gonna benefit cuz HubPages HAS PLANS FOR YOU!!
    More to come (cryptically nods her head........)

5. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Dorsi,shhhh. What happened to the cone of silence? Don't you DARE tell the juicy goss lol

Seriously, the camp was mucho helpful for all levels of hubber.
    Something for everyone.
    The HP staff are so cool -- each one in a different way.

Not to worry, those who don't live near enough to SF to attend. Your time is coming!

1. alternate poet profile image67
      alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh great - when is it coming to China big_smile

2. Dorsi profile image88
      Dorsiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well this much I can tell is that I spotted Simone right off the bat cuz she looks JUST LIKE her avatar.

And Mighty Mom, I can't say the same about you!! lol...you are much prettier than your avatar!!!

You are so cool Mighty Mom and are going to be a big encouragement to Ashley!! Thank-you!

6. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

I am so excited about Ashley coming on board as a hubber!
    What a dynasty in the making!

When I logged onto my email after the Hub Camp I had an email from another fab hubber mom -- frogdropping. She noticed that I had greeted a new hubber and informed me that he is her son!

So it's a double mother/offspring hubber extravaganza night!

1. MPG Narratives profile image60
      MPG Narrativesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Fantastic! Go you Moms with your dynasties. big_smile

7. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Where are de imazes ?

sad

8. Benjimester profile image89
    Benjimesterposted 13 years ago

That sounds really awesome Dorsi.  I'm jealous sad  Would have loved to have joined you.  I'm flying into California in 3 days.  If I would have come back 1 week sooner, I definitely would have made it up to the Hub Camp.  I'm really bummed about it.  When's the next one?  They'll probably do it on the east coast to balance it out though huh?

9. donotfear profile image82
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

It would be nice to have one in Dallas.............

10. Robin profile image86
    Robinposted 13 years ago

It was so wonderful meeting all the Hubbers last night!  I'm constantly amazed at the intelligent, incredible people that write on HubPages.  Dorsi and Mighty Mom, thanks so much for your feedback-you both are such great members of this community!  It was awesome being able to meet the faces behind the Hubs!  Everyone made last night's HubCamp so much fun!  Thank you for coming, and to those of you who couldn't, hopefully we'll be meeting you soon!

11. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

we look forward to reading and hearing more! I hope there are pictures of the event! big_smile

12. jimmythejock profile image82
    jimmythejockposted 13 years ago

Hi Guys, sounds like you all had a great time at Hub camp and learned a lot in the process, I wish that I could have been there with you all but alas the distance was just too great lol.
    I cant wait to see the pictures and video if there is one.
    maybe next time you could do a live webcast for those who cant be there (hint hint).
    take care and have fun.....jimmy

13. RedElf profile image90
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

Great idea, jimmy! I usually steer clear of those but I'm sure a HubPages web-cast would be so much better than some of the others I've suffered through.

Welcome back, Dorsi - glad you had a great time, meeting hubbers and staff face to face - how cool is that!

14. Maddie Ruud profile image73
    Maddie Ruudposted 13 years ago

Hollaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!  Great to meet you ladies (Dorsi and Mighty Mom).  We will definitely be incorporating all your feedback in future Camps.

15. liljen23 profile image76
    liljen23posted 13 years ago

I wish I was there. It sounds like it was fun and can't wait to see some hubs about the HubCamp. Glad it was a success. smile

16. Princessa profile image80
    Princessaposted 13 years ago

I am so sad I missed the HC... Maybe next time, HC would be a great excuse to visit SF smile

17. dawnM profile image57
    dawnMposted 13 years ago

yes I really wanted to go to, but maybe in Vegas!

18. profile image0
    BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years ago

when are we having a camp in England??

19. MM Del Rosario profile image88
    MM Del Rosarioposted 13 years ago

It looks like everyone who attended have a good time.!!!!

20. ParadiseForever profile image59
    ParadiseForeverposted 13 years ago

Hi Dorsi and Mighty Mom,
    Thanks for getting us the preliminary feedback of very first Hub Camp and its success! Now we are all very eagerly waiting for the hub on this topic--of course with photos and videos. Who is going to write and when? lol

21. DzyMsLizzy profile image87
    DzyMsLizzyposted 13 years ago

I live so close to SF--it was so near, and yet so far!  I ended up not being able to go for lack of money for gas, bridge toll and parking!  :-(  Sooo bummed!

1. Simone Smith profile image89
      Simone Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There will be more in the future!!  Maybe next time big_smile  I know weeknights can be tough sometimes too, and getting over those bridges and going through the parking ridiculousness is a hassle =_=

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image87
        DzyMsLizzyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Simone...
           I hope there will be others this near.  (Sacramento would be doable.  wink  )

This was so frustrating, as there are so many different types of events related to writing that I'd like to attend, or would have liked to attend...such as the "Blogpaws" conference, but it was held back east.  Then, they had another "out west" but not far enough west--it was in Denver!

To have one SO close, (only about a 45 min. drive!) as to be within range, and in the town where I grew up to boot--so no 'getting lost' issues--and then to have no money to get there was aggravating in the extreme.  sad mad

22. CYBERSUPE profile image59
    CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

Waiting for a complete report on Hub Camp 2010. Sounds like it was informative and fun. Any idea where the next Hub Camp might take place?

23. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

How many showed up?

24. sid_candid profile image58
    sid_candidposted 13 years ago

Waiting anxiously for the complete report, pictures etc on HubCamp 2010.

It's all queued up and ready to go- I'm just awaiting a little update so I can roll it out in a new section of the Learning Center >_<

25. Richieb799 profile image73
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

I wish they had one in the UK, maybe someone could arrange this?

We're in the act of planning future events, dates, and locations right now.  More soon!

26. Simone Smith profile image89
    Simone Smithposted 13 years ago

Heads up! The footage and materials of HubCamp SF are FINALLY up in the Learning Center and ready for your viewing pleasure.  Better late than never, no?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)